Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Option to Turn Off the Swear Filter

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Similar gun games played by the same demographics.
    Name wise i mean
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback

Quote Originally Posted by MasonForEc View Post
    Name wise i mean
    Runescape

https://support.runescape.com/hc/en-...ofanity-Filter

I've played games that are similar to Graal they have the option to turn the swear filter on/ off & I've never ever seen swear words being spammed.
    They don't have admins policing things & they don't need to.
    The only reason Graal does it is because its rated 12+.
    I'd prefer the peace of mind of disabling cuss words.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxwashere View Post
    Here's a solution... grow some? Stop being sensitive to people from the digital world? Commence the swear filter!

Big dogs eat! Little crying puppies stay on the porch!
    ~Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You really have no right to tell people to either except being harassed or get off the internet. It's almost like you're justifying why its okay, which it isn't.
    Guess what-- players don't have to deal with people cursing them out and harassing them, and it's not up to you to decide how it affects them. In the real world, people are perfectly fine with being sensitive to someone acting in such a way. You're commended for standing up for yourself and people who are rude and harassing are looked down upon. Just because it is online, people think everything's different and people should accept bad behavior which is complete bs. If you can't learn how to not curse in an online game, you've got a problem on your hands.

I'm fine with the filter idea, but not with this justification.
    You can't tell someone who is being cursed out to "grow a pair". You can tell the person who is cursing them out to though. Because if you stoop that low that that's all you can resort to, you obviously don't have any. It's an immature, rude, and pathetic action to take.

Option to Turn Off the Swear Filter

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    You really have no right to tell people to either except being harassed or get off the internet. It's almost like you're justifying why its okay, which it isn't.
    Guess what-- players don't have to deal with people cursing them out and harassing them, and it's not up to you to decide how it affects them. In the real world, people are perfectly fine with being sensitive to someone acting in such a way. You're commended for standing up for yourself and people who are rude and harassing are looked down upon. Just because it is online, people think everything's different and people should accept bad behavior which is complete bs. If you can't learn how to not curse in an online game, you've got a problem on your hands.

I'm fine with the filter idea, but not with this justification.
    You can't tell someone who is being cursed out to "grow a pair". You can tell the person who is cursing them out to though. Because if you stoop that low that that's all you can resort to, you obviously don't have any. It's an immature, rude, and pathetic action to take.
    The best solution for someone who is having issues with the game is to either adjust to it or quit playing. The game and social aspects of the internet are not essential to life. Cursing is a form of expression it's only a problem to the weak minded. If it bothers you online games are not for you. People will curse period you can't stop it. Saying it is immature, rude or pathetic is your opinion based on ideas not yours ideas given to you by the social construct.... "Grow a pair" or stop using the internet for social reasons. Your refusal to accept reality won't change it. Children's parents should monitor what there kids are doing but they don't take the time they leave it to society and sjw's it's no ones responsibility but the parents. Cursing is expression you can't filter everything. The internet is a reflection of reality and people curse in reality. A lot of people addicted to online games can't adjust to reality so they go online for a safe zone. Sorry but people are people all types shapes and sizes and vocabularies wherever you go. I personally like people the cursing type the sweet non cursing type the fat skinny and muscular type...diversity is the the key to enlightenment growth and change. "Grow a pair"...

Last edited by jaxwashere; 11-06-2017 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxwashere View Post
    The best solution for someone who is having issues with the game is to either adjust to it or quit playing. The game and social aspects of the internet are not essential to life. Cursing is a form of expression it's only a problem to the weak minded. If it bothers you online games are not for you. People will curse period you can't stop it. Saying it is immature, rude or pathetic is your opinion based on ideas not yours ideas given to you by the social construct.... "Grow a pair" or stop using the internet for social reasons. Your refusal to accept reality won't change it. Children's parents should monitor what there kids are doing but they don't take the time they leave it to society and sjw's it's no ones responsibility but the parents. Cursing is expression you can't filter everything. The internet is a reflection of reality and people curse in reality. A lot of people addicted to online games can't adjust to reality so they go online for a safe zone. Sorry but people are people all types shapes and sizes and vocabularies wherever you go. I personally like people the cursing type the sweet non cursing type the fat skinny and muscular type...diversity is the the key to enlightenment growth and change. "Grow a pair"...

You sure like to type dont you? Cant say much cause i do just that,Anyway. I noticed something,Calling Those who are bothered by Cursing "a form of expression" automatically makes them weak minded? I think you should read up on some history, maybe find some old-timey Aristocrats to read on like my history class did.

"People will curse period you can't stop it. Saying it is immature, rude or pathetic is your opinion based on ideas not yours ideas given to you by the social construct.... "Grow a pair" or stop using the internet for social reasons. "

Your right you cant stop it, but you can prevent or deter other people from hearing it and/or Learning it.Oh boy you trying to be philosophical?Fun. You call her ideas not her own but those those shaped by social construct?That wouldnt mean your idea is apart of a social construct too right?
    Heres the definition i found:"a social mechanism, phenomenon, or category created and developed by society; a perception of an individual, group, or idea that is 'constructed' through cultural or social practice"
    I dont see why you use it in such a negative way theres nothing wrong with it.Hmmm

Now the adults not monitoring their kids part i got to say is partially true. They have given up their child's certain safety by not monitoring their internet usage.But Even though you say the society isnt responsible, it can be a lot of the time.Here ill try to leave a example:

A society can be rounded up as a group of humans being in a community or group together. Now lets say a girl or boy online around the age of 14 Joins a chat room with the name "Lets make friends" everything is os going fine, and they make some "friends", now those "friends" pressure the boy/girl to send a picture of something personal (their location,a picture of themselves, etc.) and feeling like they know them well enough they do.They next week comes and they end up getting kidnapped,Socially blasted,etc.

Wouldn't you say its the society's fault namely being that a group of people tricked him/her into Sharing those photos,information,etc.?Maybe you say that its their fault for getting on that chat room, Then wouldn't it be societys fault that they were trained to think those words were meant to be safe? The same if you said that is was their fault for logging into the internet.Would it go to far to think that society affected what their parents would think?

The internet isnt a reflection of reality, it can be seen or interpreted as a reflection of reality, same as if it was interpreted as a base for information, or a social networking.
    And saying A lot of people doesnt count it up right, there are a lot of addicted online gamers than can handle reality, myself included.

"Sorry but people are people all types shapes and sizes and vocabularies wherever you go. I personally like people the cursing type the sweet non cursing type the fat skinny and muscular type...diversity is the the key to enlightenment growth and change." ]

dude, this is about cursing off/on filter not about what way you roll.

im out peace.
    Last edited by MasonForEc; 11-06-2017 at 05:43 AM. Reason: added quotations

Option to Turn Off the Swear Filter

You sure like to type dont you? Cant say much cause i do just that,Anyway. I noticed something,Calling Those who are bothered by Cursing "a form of expression" automatically makes them weak minded? I think you should read up on some history, maybe find some old-timey Aristocrats to read on like my history class did.

"People will curse period you can't stop it. Saying it is immature, rude or pathetic is your opinion based on ideas not yours ideas given to you by the social construct.... "Grow a pair" or stop using the internet for social reasons. "

Your right you cant stop it, but you can prevent or deter other people from hearing it and/or Learning it.Oh boy you trying to be philosophical?Fun. You call her ideas not her own but those those shaped by social construct?That wouldnt mean your idea is apart of a social construct too right?
    Heres the definition i found:"a social mechanism, phenomenon, or category created and developed by society; a perception of an individual, group, or idea that is 'constructed' through cultural or social practice"
    I dont see why you use it in such a negative way theres nothing wrong with it.Hmmm

Now the adults not monitoring their kids part i got to say is partially true. They have given up their child's certain safety by not monitoring their internet usage.But Even though you say the society isnt responsible, it can be a lot of the time.Here ill try to leave a example:

A society can be rounded up as a group of humans being in a community or group together. Now lets say a girl or boy online around the age of 14 Joins a chat room with the name "Lets make friends" everything is os going fine, and they make some "friends", now those "friends" pressure the boy/girl to send a picture of something personal (their location,a picture of themselves, etc.) and feeling like they know them well enough they do.They next week comes and they end up getting kidnapped,Socially blasted,etc.

Wouldn't you say its the society's fault namely being that a group of people tricked him/her into Sharing those photos,information,etc.?Maybe you say that its their fault for getting on that chat room, Then wouldn't it be societys fault that they were trained to think those words were meant to be safe? The same if you said that is was their fault for logging into the internet.Would it go to far to think that society affected what their parents would think?

The internet isnt a reflection of reality, it can be seen or interpreted as a reflection of reality, same as if it was interpreted as a base for information, or a social networking.
    And saying A lot of people doesnt count it up right, there are a lot of addicted online gamers than can handle reality, myself included.

"Sorry but people are people all types shapes and sizes and vocabularies wherever you go. I personally like people the cursing type the sweet non cursing type the fat skinny and muscular type...diversity is the the key to enlightenment growth and change." ]

im out peace.
    Not reading all that lol...but I'm sure you make some great points! I just read a few paragraphs...I was referring to liking people in general not "the way I roll". Also you can quote all the sources you want it doesn't change reality. If a kid was tricked into sharing pics it's the parents fault for not taking responsibility for there child. If it gets that serious that child shouldn't be on the internet without adult supervision. Also...People are people they express themselves differently. It doesn't matter if you accept it or not it's reality...a filter doesn't change the fact or reduce the exposure because they will get it from another source. The only way to completely control a society whether digital or physical is information control through totalitarianism or a monarchy. Expression is important and a vital part of personal freedom no matter who it offends or how genius or ignorant it may be. The digital realm is a reflection of reality it acts as a mirror to our collective psyche.

Last edited by jaxwashere; 11-06-2017 at 08:39 AM.

im out peace.
    Why are you making all these nonsensical unrealistic examples?
    It really feels like your digging a hole trying to defend your position.
    You said people come in all shape sizes & form.
    So why can't you respect that?
    Why do you insist on being against us from turning the swear filter on & off?
    Can you give a real life example of where having the swear filter option led to a bad thing not just another one of your over exaggerated slippery slope from your imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

Another example would be if you were driving and saw a really long line of signs just calling you every curse, swear, name in the book.Im pretty sure you wouldnt go on with your happy self like nothing happened, you would form a thought, what this thought is im to bored typing this to explain, but it would be a response of some sort.

Hopefully this ends it but if not rip my time
    Like wth are you trying to say?
    Talk about a rich sense of imagination.
    Among all of us you're the only one who types this kind of long winded big pile of you know what.

This game has many teenagers and adults but you guys forgot the recommendation. It's for kids.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Why are you making all these nonsensical unrealistic examples?
    It really feels like your digging a hole trying to defend your position.
    You said people come in all shape sizes & form.
    So why can't you respect that?
    Why do you insist on being against us from turning the swear filter on & off?
    Can you give a real life example of where having the swear filter option led to a bad thing not just another one of your over exaggerated slippery slope from your imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

Like wth are you trying to say?
    Talk about a rich sense of imagination.
    Among all of us you're the only one who types this kind of long winded big pile of you know what.
    Well im simply proving over and over why its a bad idea, if no one reads it dont bash me by calling me ignorant XD.

Please dont confuse the quotes with what is said, thats the reason i added a "" around them. Thank you , i take pride in my imagination,But that isnt the case here ive been using facts and evidence unlike you .though that doesnt mean i wont admit when im proven wrong.
    I didnt say anything about not respecting people from different size shaapes and ethnicities, i respect them all.

You could say i read too much plato in 7th grade and i actually tried to copy that here to be painfully honest(why its so long)

You talk like im the one making this up as i go, but it is the fact you guys state the same anwser for everything and think it solves your problems instead of actually trying to anwser these doubts