Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Option to Turn Off the Swear Filter

Quote Originally Posted by BEENDEAD View Post
    Did you read the 40 times I said it's an option and not an obligation to turn it off. Like I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself that if you get offended easily and if you don't like seeing curse words you can keep it on. As simple as that. The rest of the people who wanna use cuss words will have it turned off while you can keep it on. Your gameplay wouldn't be affected. Just keep the filter on and let the rest of us enjoy the game how we want and stop wanting to control what everyone else's does.

- - - Updated - - -

Corrupted? There's cussing on tv, in movies, in music, in books and ALSO in real life. So if a kid reads some cuss words on an app he'll be corrupted? Didn't know that certain words could corrupt somebody instantly. If you've been to school, kids cuss all the time, does that mean all the kids who hear the cuss words are now corrupted? No. People already cuss on graal and have been cussing since it's been released. No matter how many words they add to the swear filter, people will always cuss. I do not support harassment and harassment would not be tolerated. I also think racism shouldn't be tolerated either.
    No so are you trying to say that since there are other ways that could corrupt the player's , it is definitely alright for Era to become another platform to expose them to these people expletives. It's just going to make it very difficult for people to start flame wars in game and the whole environment is going to be affected. Stop being egoistic thinking that this will benefit you because you can avoid being jailed since its now allowed, it's not going to benefit the community.

It's just to satisfy your selfish desires. I don't really care whether it's children or adults playing the game, because once you allow these there's going to be rampant flame arguments happening and no fool would want to just filter these words out using the filter anymore and they want to know what's being said to them and because it's optional, people will disable it. Optional filtering as good as self-deception.

I don't understand your logic in this. You're telling me that if there was a genocide in Europe it is definitely okay for Another country to have one? I don't care how trendy this freedom of expression thing is to you postmodernistic millenials, but these must be some limits and control in this server for the interests of everyone.

You can go on arguing about freedom of expression, but let me tell you how different this FOE is in server and in reality. In reality, you can enjoy FOE because the words are coming from an individual - so there's no way he could hide away from that. But in game, the screen becomes a barrier for people to fake identities/ fake personalities and they are going to behave differently as they do in real life. Some players probably don't swear in real life, but once online they go wild because they can hide their identities. You let them have FOE in game, you're bound for disaster because the screen is going to be the best protection for toxic players to spread their toxicity.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    Many people are agreeing or disagreeing. I think we should test this for a week or a day to see where it goes.
    I agree with this.
    The only way to know for sure is to test it out & see how it goes.
    A lot of the anti swear filter option proponents talks as if having it will lead to a post apocalyptic world, where all hell breaks loose even going as far as to comparing it to a genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I agree with this.
    The only way to know for sure is to test it out & see how it goes.
    A lot of the anti swear filter option proponents talks as if having it will lead to a post apocalyptic world, where all hell breaks loose even going as far as to comparing it to a genocide.
    No. You test it out, you're gonna get the whole game into trouble with many policies and legislatures. Players can sue or complain to the game management and if severe take it to court and as a matter of fact that game have regulations to abide by, mind you. Once you break this legal regulations, your game is doomed.

It's not about how much harm it will do in that merely one week, nor is it as easy as you naive people think to correct and make up for any damages that are caused. The game clients can Lodge a complaint against game for failing to protect them from cyber harassment in game, for your information. You think it's just a game and it ain't serious and you can afford to "test it out"? That's equivalent to testing the laws of a country. Do you try to rob a bank for a day to "test" the laws? I doubt you'll do so - because it's mental.

Lol you guys arguing when this is never going to happen anyway

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    No. You test it out, you're gonna get the whole game into trouble with many policies and legislatures. Players can sue or complain to the game management and if severe take it to court and as a matter of fact that game have regulations to abide by, mind you. Once you break this legal regulations, your game is doomed.

It's not about how much harm it will do in that merely one week, nor is it as easy as you naive people think to correct and make up for any damages that are caused. The game clients can Lodge a complaint against game for failing to protect them from cyber harassment in game, for your information. You think it's just a game and it ain't serious and you can afford to "test it out"? That's equivalent to testing the laws of a country. Do you try to rob a bank for a day to "test" the laws? I doubt you'll do so - because it's mental.

This is stupid.
    Who lodges a complaint because a game has option turn the swear filter on/ off lol is this a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Lol you guys arguing when this is never going to happen anyway
    Ikr, this thread argument went way too long, it was a simple suggestion and the issue wasn't as complex as people made it.
    "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."

Quote Originally Posted by Exter View Post
    Ikr, this thread argument went way too long, it was a simple suggestion and the issue wasn't as complex as people made it.
    Agreed, its just a simple suggestion.
    Unfortunately, those who oppose the idea loves to make stuff up, bring up unrelated situations & exaggerate the seriousness of situation.

Everyone saying that Era would be a complete madhouse because everyone would be abusing it right off the bat, well your probably right at least for the first week. Of course everyone is going to abuse it for the first little bit when it comes out, however, after awhile once players get used to it, it will not be abused nearly as bad. Every "law" that exists in real life or a game creates natural tendency of the people under it to go against it. Tell everybody they can't swear at all, their all going to want to, and thrir going to abuse the filter as much as they can. Tell the same group of people to swear as much as they want and say whatever they want, and they wont (after the first week while their still venting about the filter) #psychology . It pays to know stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    No so are you trying to say that since there are other ways that could corrupt the player's , it is definitely alright for Era to become another platform to expose them to these people expletives. It's just going to make it very difficult for people to start flame wars in game and the whole environment is going to be affected. Stop being egoistic thinking that this will benefit you because you can avoid being jailed since its now allowed, it's not going to benefit the community.

It's just to satisfy your selfish desires. I don't really care whether it's children or adults playing the game, because once you allow these there's going to be rampant flame arguments happening and no fool would want to just filter these words out using the filter anymore and they want to know what's being said to them and because it's optional, people will disable it. Optional filtering as good as self-deception.

I don't understand your logic in this. You're telling me that if there was a genocide in Europe it is definitely okay for Another country to have one? I don't care how trendy this freedom of expression thing is to you postmodernistic millenials, but these must be some limits and control in this server for the interests of everyone.

You can go on arguing about freedom of expression, but let me tell you how different this FOE is in server and in reality. In reality, you can enjoy FOE because the words are coming from an individual - so there's no way he could hide away from that. But in game, the screen becomes a barrier for people to fake identities/ fake personalities and they are going to behave differently as they do in real life. Some players probably don't swear in real life, but once online they go wild because they can hide their identities. You let them have FOE in game, you're bound for disaster because the screen is going to be the best protection for toxic players to spread their toxicity.

First of all, why are you comparing swearing on an app to a genocide? Please do not compare REAL human death to a video game.

Also, freedom of expression is not a "trend", it's a right lol.

You mentioned the game as being a barrier between reality. This is true and exactly why people are less likely to get offended. This is a video game, people can only judge you by your virtual looks. Everybody is protected because their identities are hidden. Nobody is gonna go to therapy because of what somebody said to him on a video game.

Stop looking in so deep into it. We are talking about a video game here. Why does Ol' West and PC Era have the same option and both those servers work perfectly fine?

This is total nonsense. You are telling me that a law shouldn't be made a law because a few recalcitrant players refuse to abide by the rules. There's no point in me trying to convince you the reason behind the filter. You guys are just way too shortsighted and naive. Theres not a single point to the thread at all, the person who started it deserves to be jailed for what he did.

I don't care how trivial you guys make this sound, because you guys can never, in your naive thinking, see the fact that this community has been increasingly toxic and that there are cases of online cyberbullying and harassment taking place. You selfish individuals want to have this filter removed so that you can swear and get away with it, but you are essentially allowing the toxic players to become more toxic - just like the person who started this thread.

Go read up some books on online harassment/ cyberbullying will ya? So you will see how it's not as easy as you think to just on and off that filter and everything will be okay. And see what the expletives that you guys are trying to underestimate can actually do to someone - and I reiterate, there are children here who will definitely not be able to suck up whatever that's gonna be used.