Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Option to Turn Off the Swear Filter

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshadow View Post
    I was that "person" that said words have no power, appreciate you taking 10 seconds to see who wrote that and use their name. Anyways here's the thing, you can tell someone to not let it bother them. They control their mind they can block it out. So if someone can't handle some 14 year old kid saying "kys" then it sounds like they shouldn't be on the internet. They need to stop being a mommies baby and learn how to fight for themselves. And if they're mentally depressed then why the hell are they even playing graal? I'm sorry if this offends anyone but for real you little scared *** kids need to learn how to take crap to the face and deal with it like a grownup instead of begging an admin to ban someone because you got called trash. Also this post is not pointed directly at anyone, it's meant for whoever can't defend themselves from meaningless words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't mention specifics to prevent pointing fingers, thanks.

You're basically justifying why a person should be able to say those things, as if it is right.

And by the way, I have depression and mental health problems and golly gee, look what I did! I don't talk about it but seriously? You have to stop being one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    I didn't mention specifics to prevent pointing fingers, thanks.

You're basically justifying why a person should be able to say those things, as if it is right.

And by the way, I have depression and mental health problems and golly gee, look what I did! I don't talk about it but you have to stop being one sided.
    No, I never said it's okay for someone to harass another player. I think it's wrong, but nonetheless it happens all the time so instead of hiding behind game devs and admins I think people should learn how to defend themselves.

And I certainly hope you're not telling me this because you want me to feel bad for you because I'm not going to. If anyone has depression and they get hurt even worse that's completely on them. Everyone knows that the Internet can be a disgusting place. So if you go and play some game and get hurt that's your fault not ours, you knew ahead of time that people on the internet are a-holes.

Zany
    No, I never said it's okay for someone to harass another player. I think it's wrong, but nonetheless it happens all the time so instead of hiding behind game devs and admins I think people should learn how to defend themselves.

And I certainly hope you're not telling me this because you want me to feel bad for you because I'm not going to. If anyone has depression and they get hurt even worse that's completely on them. Everyone knows that the Internet can be a disgusting place. So if you go and play some game and get hurt that's your fault not ours, you knew ahead of time that people on the internet are a-holes.

NEVER would I use my personal problems simply to gain attention. That's shallow, and the fact that you'd suggest I would is sad in itself. People online don't cause my problem to be worse for me because I get it so often and know it's brainless. I wouldn't of become a staff if I couldn't handle it. So I'd appreciate it if you'd stop while you're ahead. I mentioned it only because you were saying something regarding it I found offensive and wanted you to realize it doesn't always hold people like that back.

And as for "hiding behind admins", they aren't 99% of the time. The people that get punished by staff are rightfully so. If players don't go to staff for it, what's the point of there BEING staff? Players DO defend themselves but sometimes that isn't enough, or pushes the situation farther than it has to be.

I'm not responding anymore because this argument is pushing the thread off topic, and I don't want it to be closed solely because of it.

The thing is, not everybody gets hurt by words said by complete strangers on an online video game. This turning on and off the swear filter setting is purely optional meaning it's a choice. If you get hurt by cuss words, well keep it on, simple as that. Nobody is forcing them to turn it off, so if you wanna play the game without seeing any so-called "bad words", you absolutely can.

Quote Originally Posted by BEENDEAD View Post
    The thing is, not everybody gets hurt by words said by complete strangers on an online video game. This turning on and off the swear filter setting is purely optional meaning it's a choice. If you get hurt by cuss words, well keep it on, simple as that. Nobody is forcing them to turn it off, so if you wanna play the game without seeing any so-called "bad words", you absolutely can.
    Exactly. All the brain dead idiots don't realize that lmao. Getting a little mad that people still arguing because of kids and "depressed people". BeenDead has said it so many times YOU CAN TURN THE FILTER ON AND OFF.

I think nows the time to close thread.

Spoiler
    liberalism is a mental disorder

Before it gets closed, Any1 notice Frozenshadow and beendead keep going to the same point, no matter whats been replied
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback

Quote Originally Posted by MasonForEc View Post
    Before it gets closed, Any1 notice Frozenshadow and beendead keep going to the same point, no matter whats been replied
    Because everyone is like "but the kids are gonna be exposed and there's so many mentally depressed people" and legit the option to turn the filter on and off counters all the lmao...

Because everyone is like "but the kids are gonna be exposed and there's so many mentally depressed people" and legit the option to turn the filter on and off counters all the lmao...

ok i just wanted the inquiry

Rip this chats topic
    just waiting for the final blow, or are admins having a field day watching this?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly Frost we both agreed to stop , but here you are. This isnt the place to be calling each other names and accusing each of disrespecting depressed victims.

Ive found out that no one here is worrying about facts, its been all opinion, this isnt gonna have a chance of happening like this, all thats happening so far is pointless anger, Lets all calm down and think rationally