Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Gun ATM

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyFreeze View Post
    Are you guys the ones who edited the gun stats? No, you're not. This is not a situation where you post your opinions on what gun is the best. Your opinion has 0 value when its put side to side to hard facts. Sam is the one who made changes to the guns therefore if he he says bar is the best gun, then it is the best gun
    LOL. No, that's entirely wrong.
    If you compared the BAR pre-nerf and now, you'd know how bad it is.
    Sam's been saying that BAR is the best gun even when he nerfed it and everyone else didn't like it.
    He's very devout on his opinion.

And another thing, you didn't even state a true/realistic reason as to why the BAR is better, so that's not a fact, that's an opinion.
    There's a difference between the two, I'm sure you'd understand that.

Just because something does more damage, doesn't make it the better weapon. There's many factors that make it good, such as spread, speed and freeze.

To the thread maker, I'd say Shipka is still a very strong weapon. It really didn't change in a big way.
    It's still pretty fast, goes pretty far and it's fairly mobile.
    Last edited by BL1NK; 11-03-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Soldier Picciotti
    Quote Originally Posted by BL1NK View Post
    LOL. No, that's entirely wrong.
    If you compared the BAR pre-nerf and now, you'd know how bad it is.
    Sam's been saying that BAR is the best gun even when he nerfed it and everyone else didn't like it.
    He's very devout on his opinion.

And another thing, you didn't even state a true/realistic reason as to why the BAR is better, so that's not a fact, that's an opinion.
    There's a difference between the two, I'm sure you'd understand that.

Just because something does more damage, doesn't make it the better weapon. There's many factors that make it good, such as spread, speed and freeze.

To the thread maker, I'd say Shipka is still a very strong weapon. It really didn't change in a big way.
    It's still pretty fast, goes pretty far and it's fairly mobile.
    Did I say it was better because it did more damage? Don’t add false information to make you whacko logic seem better. No-one liked the nerfs. They didn’t just hate Bar, they hated all the other guns too so take that out your argument because it didn’t help prove your point at all. “If you compared the BAR pre-nerf and now, you'd know how bad it is.“ Well no sh** 😂. That’s the whole point of a nerf. If you compare any of the guns to what they were pre nerf you would be able to tell that they all became “bad” so the weapons can be balanced out. “And another thing, you didn't even state a true/realistic reason as to why the BAR is better, so that's not a fact, that's an opinion.” Come on guy. you didn’t post any thing either to prove your claim. That’s just plain hypocritical, and honestly I’m beginning to wonder if you actually thought out your response. “Sam's been saying that BAR is the best gun even when he nerfed it and everyone else didn't like it.“ I don’t think Sam cared about what everyone else thought. His job was to balance out the guns and that’s what happened. If the modifier of the guns says bar is the best, then it is. I don’t see why you’re trying to argue

Did I say it was better because it did more damage? Don’t add false information to make you whacko logic seem better. No-one liked the nerfs. They didn’t just hate Bar, they hated all the other guns too so take that out your argument because it didn’t help prove your point at all. “If you compared the BAR pre-nerf and now, you'd know how bad it is.“ Well no sh** ��. That’s the whole point of a nerf. If you compare any of the guns to what they were pre nerf you would be able to tell that they all became “bad” so the weapons can be balanced out. “And another thing, you didn't even state a true/realistic reason as to why the BAR is better, so that's not a fact, that's an opinion.” Come on guy. you didn’t post any thing either to prove your claim. That’s just plain hypocritical, and honestly I’m beginning to wonder if you actually thought out your response. “Sam's been saying that BAR is the best gun even when he nerfed it and everyone else didn't like it.“ I don’t think Sam cared about what everyone else thought. His job was to balance out the guns and that’s what happened. If the modifier of the guns says bar is the best, then it is. I don’t see why you’re trying to argue
    I agree with BL1NK theres more to gun stats than just 1 dmg more.
    Other stats matter too.
    E.G Ion Carbine supposedly better because it has 0.03 less freeze than the average gun but with 0 spread, extremely small clip & an average reload time its hard to justify the price when you compared it to others.
    Low freeze but without the firepower finish means nothing.
    All low freeze is is that you can move slightly faster after you shoot & when you think about it 0.03 seconds should not cost that much.
    Its a quarter of a second.
    Looking at the stats you'd see the cost of gaining a 0.03 decrease in freeze from 55k guns to 65k guns with everything else being equal cost only about 15-20k but compare that same stat increase to eg GM4 & it cost 100k more.

Theres plenty more examples if you ask BItzsam he'll tell you factually its true certainly what we say is true.
    EG, in this thread that I made
    https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...ng-works/page2

So do expect more nerfs to guns like default RIfle, PDW SD, M4, etc.

Its wise not to take what people of power say just on Blind faith which why I made a lot of threads trying to understand how things are when you look at the numbers.

There are 156 guns in Graal total & with each prices you have to take the prices into consideration.

The guns Bitzsam nerfed were a lot & obviously he isn't active enough to see how they are when compared to other guns.

It isn't easy what hes doing & I assure you that if you out a different person in charge eg Meph the ex gun admin you would get a different result.

Soldier Picciotti
    You people are idiotic. Do you even hear yourselves?...I’m done arguing here

Pls dual rafficas r the best

Lol. You should know just because Bitzsam said BAR is best gun doesn't have to mean it's always true.

Bitzsam might have 2 reasons to say that.
    One is because BAR costs 200k so if he says it's not worth it's price then that makes him a bad gun admin so he will obviously say BAR is best. I mean I would probably do that too if I was in his place.
    Second more rational reason from Bitzsam to claim BAR as best gun might be that because BAR can kill in one shot less than other guns of it's tier.

Some auctions guns are clearly better than BAR, but even if we exclude auctions guns. Still many non auction guns are better than BAR too, for example GM4, Shipka, M4a3 etc.
    Now simply put, do you want a better gun or do you want BAR which kills in one shot less than the "better gun". That's personal preference. But BAR is not best.
    "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."

My fists

So the question is..... What's the best gun right now?

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Best Spar gun is PBP AutoRifle since the ''Weapon Rebalancing'' no other gun has won as much Events House Spar Tournaments as it.
    Best PK gun is Chemical Gun.

Only thing I would say is be cautious about buying it & other bargain guns because Bitzsam isn't done with the nerfings yet.
    After hes done doing whatever hes busy with expect them to be nerfed.

These are the guns nerfed
    https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...aul-(OFFICIAL)

I didn't say BAR was the best gun in the entire game period, I said it was the best shop gun, meaning a gun anyone could buy at anytime that isn't locked behind requirements/ events/ auctions.

It's definitely up there in terms of weapons as a whole, but it isn't at the very top in terms of a gun that anyone can be amazing with (that would probably be the MP5a5), that being said a highly skilled player using the bar could arguably beat average- just skilled players using 'the best guns' because of the 1 less bullet to kill, which despite what some people are saying, definitely does make a significant difference.

There is a reason you rarely see people using guns like the tec9, bushmaster acr/ scorpion evo and that's because of how much harder it is to overcome guns, (particularly in spar or 1v1 situations) that kill in 1 less bullet than you, even if the gun you are up against has worse stats overall, with the exception of the damage.
    Eg
    The Ghost Ripper (smg mode) is widely considered by many players to be an extremely strong auction weapon, and gun overall. Comparing the Tec9 to the Ghost Ripper SMG mode you'll see very little difference between them aside from the damage being higher on the ghost ripper.
    If damage wasn't as significant as people here are claiming, then how come we don't often see the cheaper, 7-8 damage guns being used- when a lot of them have better stats than a lot of the 8-9 damage guns, just having 1 less damage as their draw back.

Obviously in some cases (like with the neorifle) the stats aside from damage can impact its performance, but those are usually in rare cases with specific gun types (like the sniper rifles/ shotguns).

Speaking of the BAR
    A lot of people criticising the current BAR, I would bet have not realised that whilst the BAR was effectively nerfed in SPAR/ BASING, it also received a fairly significant buff in overworld pking (pking outside of bases on the map).
    In most SPARs there are no hittimers, in Bases there is a very small hittimer, however in overworld pking, hittimers do exist and vary on guns. That's why you may see some guns such as the UMP45 kill people faster, not because it shoots faster than other guns, but because its lower bullet registration allows for more consistent damage.

What is hit registration?- the time between taking damage where you are effectively invulnerable to damage from that particular persons weapon (was originally added so that when the game lags and you see those bullet walls you don't insta die by being hit by 10 bullets in a clump)

Eg
    You have a gun (GUN A) that fires at a speed of 0.2 bullets a second but has a 0.5 hittimer,
    compared to
    (GUN B) that fires at a speed of 0.35 bullets a second but has a hittimer of 0.2.

In SPAR/ BASES where there isn't/isn't really a hittimer, GUN A will always kill faster. However in outside pking where hittimer DOES matter, GUN B will always kill faster as the hittimer is lower than the firerate, meaning every bullet you fire will damage someone, no matter how fast/ slow you fire it.
    With GUN A, because its hittimer is higher than the firerate, it means unless you are firing your gun slowly, every 2nd bullet won't register (if you're shooting as fast as the gun can shoot) as you are firing faster than the hit registration counts.

PRIOR NERF, the bar had a 0.24 firerate, and a 0.5 hittimer, this meant that if you were firing bar at its full speed, your 2nd damage wouldn't always be registering (which is why BAR wasn't really popular for outside pking)

NOW POST NERF, the bar has a 0.3 firerate but a 0.2 hittimer. This means every bullet you fire from the bar won't be impacted by bullet registration, therefore (unless the person is lagging) all your bullets will damage. This effectively almost doubles BARs time to kill for outside pking compared to it before the nerf, despite the fact that it shoots slower now.

TLDR before nerf shooting bar full firerate, not every bullet would damage. After nerf now every bullet damages (the same way guns with stacked damage work)
    Last edited by BiTzSam; 11-05-2017 at 12:38 PM.