Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Best Gun ATM

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I didn't say BAR was the best gun in the entire game period, I said it was the best shop gun, meaning a gun anyone could buy at anytime that isn't locked behind requirements/ events/ auctions.

It's definitely up there in terms of weapons as a whole, but it isn't at the very top in terms of a gun that anyone can be amazing with (that would probably be the MP5a5), that being said a highly skilled player using the bar could arguably beat average- just skilled players using 'the best guns' because of the 1 less bullet to kill, which despite what some people are saying, definitely does make a significant difference.

There is a reason you rarely see people using guns like the tec9, bushmaster acr/ scorpion evo and that's because of how much harder it is to overcome guns, (particularly in spar or 1v1 situations) that kill in 1 less bullet than you, even if the gun you are up against has worse stats overall, with the exception of the damage.
    Eg
    The Ghost Ripper (smg mode) is widely considered by many players to be an extremely strong auction weapon, and gun overall. Comparing the Tec9 to the Ghost Ripper SMG mode you'll see very little difference between them aside from the damage being higher on the ghost ripper.
    If damage wasn't as significant as people here are claiming, then how come we don't often see the cheaper, 7-8 damage guns being used- when a lot of them have better stats than a lot of the 8-9 damage guns, just having 1 less damage as their draw back.

Obviously in some cases (like with the neorifle) the stats aside from damage can impact its performance, but those are usually in rare cases with specific gun types (like the sniper rifles/ shotguns).

Speaking of the BAR
    A lot of people criticising the current BAR, I would bet have not realised that whilst the BAR was effectively nerfed in SPAR/ BASING, it also received a fairly significant buff in overworld pking (pking outside of bases on the map).
    In most SPARs there are no hittimers, in Bases there is a very small hittimer, however in overworld pking, hittimers do exist and vary on guns. That's why you may see some guns such as the UMP45 kill people faster, not because it shoots faster than other guns, but because its lower bullet registration allows for more consistent damage.

What is hit registration?- the time between taking damage where you are effectively invulnerable to damage from that particular persons weapon (was originally added so that when the game lags and you see those bullet walls you don't insta die by being hit by 10 bullets in a clump)

Eg
    You have a gun (GUN A) that fires at a speed of 0.2 bullets a second but has a 0.5 hittimer,
    compared to
    (GUN B) that fires at a speed of 0.35 bullets a second but has a hittimer of 0.2.

In SPAR/ BASES where there isn't/isn't really a hittimer, GUN A will always kill faster. However in outside pking where hittimer DOES matter, GUN B will always kill faster as the hittimer is lower than the firerate, meaning every bullet you fire will damage someone, no matter how fast/ slow you fire it.
    With GUN A, because its hittimer is higher than the firerate, it means unless you are firing your gun slowly, every 2nd bullet won't register (if you're shooting as fast as the gun can shoot) as you are firing faster than the hit registration counts.

PRIOR NERF, the bar had a 0.24 firerate, and a 0.5 hittimer, this meant that if you were firing bar at its full speed, your 2nd damage wouldn't always be registering (which is why BAR wasn't really popular for outside pking)

NOW POST NERF, the bar has a 0.3 firerate but a 0.2 hittimer. This means every bullet you fire from the bar won't be impacted by bullet registration, therefore (unless the person is lagging) all your bullets will damage. This effectively almost doubles BARs time to kill for outside pking compared to it before the nerf, despite the fact that it shoots slower now.

TLDR before nerf shooting bar full firerate, not every bullet would damage. After nerf now every bullet damages (the same way guns with stacked damage work)
    Good explanation.
    Do include the hit timer, reload freeze etc in the next stats updates list.
    Include the price as well as the damage & type of bullets it is eg dual single or triple.
    Maybe just list them by category rather than by alphabetical order.
    EG single bullet 7 dmg gun & single bullet 8 dmg gun.

I still think PBP AutoRifle is the best spar gun tho reason being is I watch it win all the time in Events House Tournament.

Host a couple of Spar tournaments when you're free, then check on average whats the strongest gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Good explanation.
    Do include the hit timer, reload freeze etc in the next stats updates list.
    Include the price as well as the damage & type of bullets it is eg dual single or triple.
    Maybe just list them by category rather than by alphabetical order.
    EG single bullet 7 dmg gun & single bullet 8 dmg gun.

I still think PBP AutoRifle is the best spar gun tho reason being is I watch it win all the time in Events House Tournament.

Host a couple of Spar tournaments when you're free, then check on average whats the strongest gun.
    Won't add weapon price considering it's available for players to find ingame, and because i'd have to go to every weapon store as prices are listed seperately to weapon stats. I will consider the hittimer/ reload freeze.

I wouldn't consider PBP Autorifles use in the Spar Tourney event to be what defines its overall strength. That singular event is probably the only instance where lower damage guns are superior to higher damage, due to the fact that during that event, as it progresses the people you spar against aren't at full health, which means your damage isn't as important (in terms of 7-9 damage guns because most people are on low enough health that those guns will kill in the same amount of bullets.)
    Eg your opponent only has 14 hp, you're better off using the PBP auto rifle as it's spammy and will kill that person in 2 shots instead of needing to use a BAR/ Gm4/ Ion as the extra damage those guns have that make them superior is negligible as their health is low enough that it'll be a 2 shot kill either way.

Like I said above, lower damage guns typically have better stats than 8-9 damage guns, with the lack of damage being their drawback. To reiterate, as bullets needed to kill isn't consistent due to the varying HP the players you are put up against have (specifically in spar tourney event) Your gun choice isn't as essential after the first few rounds

When it comes to standard use of the gun (in normal spars, basing and pking) it isn't as effective which is why it isn't as popular of a gun.

I went into Complex as it's currently fairly busy (20+ people within the spar rooms), and then went around a few bases and I didn't see anyone using the PBP autorifle (or even having it equipped). I took screenshots but i'd rather you took my word for it as it's annoying to upload images on a tablet.
    Last edited by BiTzSam; 11-05-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Won't add weapon price considering it's available for players to find ingame, and because i'd have to go to every weapon store as prices are listed seperately to weapon stats. I will consider the hittimer/ reload freeze.

I wouldn't consider PBP Autorifles use in the Spar Tourney event to be what defines its overall strength. That singular event is probably the only instance where lower damage guns are superior to higher damage, due to the fact that during that event, as it progresses the people you spar against aren't at full health, which means your damage isn't as important (in terms of 7-9 damage guns because most people are on low enough health that those guns will kill in the same amount of bullets.)
    Eg your opponent only has 14 hp, you're better off using the PBP auto rifle as it's spammy and will kill that person in 2 shots instead of needing to use a BAR/ Gm4/ Ion as the extra damage those guns have that make them superior is negligible as their health is low enough that it'll be a 2 shot kill either way.

Like I said above, lower damage guns typically have better stats than 8-9 damage guns, with the lack of damage being their drawback. To reiterate, as bullets needed to kill isn't consistent due to the varying HP the players you are put up against have (specifically in spar tourney event) Your gun choice isn't as essential after the first few rounds

When it comes to standard use of the gun (in normal spars, basing and pking) it isn't as effective which is why it isn't as popular of a gun.

I went into Complex as it's currently fairly busy (20+ people within the spar rooms), and then went around a few bases and I didn't see anyone using the PBP autorifle (or even having it equipped). I took screenshots but i'd rather you took my word for it as it's annoying to upload images on a tablet.
    Are you going to separate the guns by damage & bullet type?
    Reason being some players might look look at how good it is only to discover upon further inspection its actually a gimmicky gun like M60.
    As for the gun prices I could add it, just PM me the stats list you're going to use I'll add the prices & send them back to you.

Also grouping by gun type will allow players to better distinguish & compared the pros & cons of the stats in their category rather than having to scroll up & down without knowing what gun of the name is a shotgun or sniper.
    Lets just keep the sniper with the snipers & shotguns with the shotguns.

I agree with & believe you PBP AutoRifle is not a very popular basing gun.

But when it comes to popularity in Events House spar its right up there.

You'd have to see it to believe it.

I'll take a couple of screen shots of what the winner is using next time I'm in to prove my point.

As for
    That singular event is probably the only instance where lower damage guns are superior to higher damage, due to the fact that during that event, as it progresses the people you spar against aren't at full health, which means your damage isn't as important (in terms of 7-9 damage guns because most people are on low enough health that those guns will kill in the same amount of bullets.)

I generally disagree, just based on personal experience & observations.

Speaking of popular guns did you notice how rare Ion Carbine & P2ks are right now in Spar?
    The main guns are currently is M4, BAR, GM4, Vector & M4A3.

Just come spar with us in the Events House & host some of it while you're free pitting the best against the best its a more accurate measure than speaking hypothetically.

Is pbp still good?

I still see ion carbines used in spar. Even if it's not as common in spar I wouldn't really consider that a bad thing. The gun wasn't made specifically for use in spar, it was meant to be multipurposed which is why is has a melee mode (for doors) and the shotgun mode (for spar).

P2K isn't as common in spar I will agree (even though single mode is similar to m4a3s stats and the people not taking advantage of that are missing out) but at the same time it is a pk reward weapon. People also just can't be bothered learning the dual p2ks new firerate pattern, and instead equip it, try spam fire like they used to, not be able to achieve the high firerate because they're not timing their shots right, and go back to using easy to use guns like M4/ Vector/Metalstorm where it takes less effort to fire those guns quickly because the fire rate pattern isn't as specific

Psg-1 is, in my opinion, the best gun at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Soldier Picciotti
    My bad to anyone I argued with in this thread. misunderstood the information that was given to me

I recommend finding what suits you best