Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "No Advertising" ... What does it even mean?

Question "No Advertising" ... What does it even mean?

Sometimes I am trying to send a PM only for it to not be send because of a "No Advertising" filter. I get that they use this because of maybe emails and advertising other websites other than Graal related ones, but sometimes I am writing something completely irrelevant and I still get that message.

Worst thing is that on a gang chat message it still says the message was delivered when it wasn't so it becomes very annoying at times.

Unlike the swear filter, where we can tell which word is causing the filter to go off (Like in accumulate it has "cum"), we can't tell (or at least I can't) which word is blocking me from sending a PM under the "No Advertising" filter. It is so annoying to have to re-write what I wanted to say 5 times to find out which word is causing the problem.

So if there is a way around it please let me know, and maybe explain to me more about this filter? I honestly don't understand it fully...

Thanks in advance!

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    I believe it happens when the swear filter picks up something in the message, such as "if u can"

Just try to look closer at your message and you might find something like the example above^

you can't even talk about cucumbers.. only if they add a feature where you can repeat your previous message which got filtered and Mark the words which made the filter detect as 'No advertising,Racist,Rude words etc' so you save the effort of typing that long PM again ;-; just so it doesn't get filtered again. < If this made any sense..

Spoiler
    liberalism is a mental disorder

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by VertuCA View Post
    you can't even talk about cucumbers.. only if they add a feature where you can repeat your previous message which got filtered and Mark the words which made the filter detect as 'No advertising,Racist,Rude words etc' so you save the effort of typing that long PM again ;-; just so it doesn't get filtered again. < If this made any sense..
    I like that idea

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    I like that idea
    This is actually a thing for Admins. They can repeat their previous text. Something like that for players would be a lot useful.

Spoiler
    liberalism is a mental disorder

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by VertuCA View Post
    This is actually a thing for Admins. They can repeat their previous text. Something like that for players would be a lot useful.
    Oh yeah, definitely

Honestly from my own experience from the past 7 years of playing this game, and commonly getting this message when trying to contact my friends, and fellow gang members, I randomly get this alert when I send a message that is a completely normal conversation. For example: I would say something like "Oh yeah, we had a half day at school too." and it would say "Sorry no advertising" on my screen regardless if I say it in public chat, PM's, or via Gang chat.

Also, another issue quite similar to the advertising issue happens a lot inside of public chat, and it can sometimes be embarrassing in huge crowds lol. What would happen is I would say something completely appropriate that doesn't include any form of racism, vulgarity, or sexual content, and it would force me to say "Please don't use rude words", which then makes it seem like I actually said something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapiz View Post
    Honestly from my own experience from the past 7 years of playing this game, and commonly getting this message when trying to contact my friends, and fellow gang members, I randomly get this alert when I send a message that is a completely normal conversation. For example: I would say something like "Oh yeah, we had a half day at school too." and it would say "Sorry no advertising" on my screen regardless if I say it in public chat, PM's, or via Gang chat.

Also, another issue quite similar to the advertising issue happens a lot inside of public chat, and it can sometimes be embarrassing in huge crowds lol. What would happen is I would say something completely appropriate that doesn't include any form of racism, vulgarity, or sexual content, and it would force me to say "Please don't use rude words", which then makes it seem like I actually said something bad.
    Lol nah people won't think you said something bad when that "Please don't use rude words" shows up, because everyone has experienced the same thing at one point or other.
    "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."

Quote Originally Posted by Exter View Post
    Lol nah people won't think you said something bad when that "Please don't use rude words" shows up, because everyone has experienced the same thing at one point or other.
    cant talk about cucumbers anymore

Cucu- "Please dont use rude words"' Did you know that the best crunchy thing for a salad is cucu- "please dont use rude words"
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback