Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Current State of Era iPhone

The Current State of Era iPhone

(Hey.

I'm finally rising from the ashes of the dead to speak once more. You probably don't care about what I have to say, but today, I'm not only taking my opinions on the current state of the game, but many other veteran players as well.)

Era iPhone was a pretty big part of my young life. I know it sounds very cheesy to say, but I am not the only one who feels this way. Ive taken very long breaks from this game and have come back to it many times as well. It's one of those games that you keep saying you hate and will never play again and the next day, you find yourself playing again. I really loved the game. It made me feel like I was a part of an actual community where I can express my opinions freely and can talk to anyone I choose. The deep character customization menus, the joy of talking to online friends, and even being able to play alongside them in real time was something new to many of us back in 2012.

That however is not the case anymore. My opinions on the game have drastically changed due to not only new players, but new staff as well. I, along with many others can agree that the staff is way... Different than back in 2012. It really breaks my heart to see something that can be deemed not a threat back in 2012 can ultimately get you jailed and possibly permanently banned now in 2017. I'll probably make a longer list on what is currently wrong with the game now compared to 2012 and why it hurts the community more than it helps.

Ill start off by saying what you all expected. The staff team is definitely not what it used to be like. I remember back then I could talk to admins as freely and openly as I wanted to and even poke fun at them (obviously as a joke). Now I can say that if you do the exact same thing today, you most likely will not get a response, and if you do, itll be in the form of a warning. This makes me feel like the staff team is full of fragile little kids that cant take a small joke. (Obviously the entire staff team isnt a bunch of fragile little kids, but those who stick out definitely do.) I remember back in 2013 or early 2014, I cussed out one of the admins (due to me being a young little idiot), and the worst I got was a message warning me of my actions. Fast forward to 2017, if I did that now, I risk being jailed. Even just recently, I was warned due to vulgar language, but I wasnt gagged first. And the PRA I went to wasn't helpful at all. So what did I do? I took a false warning. And no, I'm not gonna send a ticket when there are plenty of people online who were hired to help people like me. Theres also a fair share of PRs who shouldn't have been hired in the first place, but because favoritism exists, and believe me you know it does, they are allowed in.

Graal has definitely changed. And not in a good way. I cant even talk in the Era Discord now without some admin poking fun at me. And its not game shade, it personal shade being thrown at me. You might think I'm a hypocrite but theyre supposed to be the ones who are "more mature than me".

I also dont like the lack of content being made for the game. Take VIP for example. 2 years ago, VIP had unique items such as Pianos, Guitars, Trumpets, Drums. Now we get melees which could have been sold in a shop. And dont give me the same statement of "Oh, VIP isnt supposed to be about the items". I can tell you right now that most people in game get VIP solely for the VIP items. If thats what people want, thats what they should get, especially if theyre paying 5$ worth of Gralats for it. Another example was the Arte shop. Why was it removed in the first place? No one knows, but now they brought it back to build up hype. Of course community created content is always going to be good, but now it seems to be a spot solely to rake more money in for the game.

Like I said Ill probably make a longer rant thread, but there are just my thoughts for now.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Hmm. Interesting. I don't have much experience with staff members though. SOOO idk what to say.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

From being a staff member myself on Graal Ol'West they have told us to gag the person first if they're using vulgar language in the public chat system, and then if they continue after the gag, to then proceed to warn them. If a staff warned you which didn't begin with a gag at first, that was very wrong of them, so I'm very sorry that did happen to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe you got gagged earlier in the day, and the staff remembered that. But if that's not the case, then that was wrong of the staff.
    Last edited by Lapiz; 10-19-2017 at 11:11 PM. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyUK View Post
    (Hey.

I'm finally rising from the ashes of the dead to speak once more. You probably don't care about what I have to say, but today, I'm not only taking my opinions on the current state of the game, but many other veteran players as well.)

Era iPhone was a pretty big part of my young life. I know it sounds very cheesy to say, but I am not the only one who feels this way. Ive taken very long breaks from this game and have come back to it many times as well. It's one of those games that you keep saying you hate and will never play again and the next day, you find yourself playing again. I really loved the game. It made me feel like I was a part of an actual community where I can express my opinions freely and can talk to anyone I choose. The deep character customization menus, the joy of talking to online friends, and even being able to play alongside them in real time was something new to many of us back in 2012.

That however is not the case anymore. My opinions on the game have drastically changed due to not only new players, but new staff as well. I, along with many others can agree that the staff is way... Different than back in 2012. It really breaks my heart to see something that can be deemed not a threat back in 2012 can ultimately get you jailed and possibly permanently banned now in 2017. I'll probably make a longer list on what is currently wrong with the game now compared to 2012 and why it hurts the community more than it helps.

Ill start off by saying what you all expected. The staff team is definitely not what it used to be like. I remember back then I could talk to admins as freely and openly as I wanted to and even poke fun at them (obviously as a joke). Now I can say that if you do the exact same thing today, you most likely will not get a response, and if you do, itll be in the form of a warning. This makes me feel like the staff team is full of fragile little kids that cant take a small joke. (Obviously the entire staff team isnt a bunch of fragile little kids, but those who stick out definitely do.) I remember back in 2013 or early 2014, I cussed out one of the admins (due to me being a young little idiot), and the worst I got was a message warning me of my actions. Fast forward to 2017, if I did that now, I risk being jailed. Even just recently, I was warned due to vulgar language, but I wasnt gagged first. And the PRA I went to wasn't helpful at all. So what did I do? I took a false warning. And no, I'm not gonna send a ticket when there are plenty of people online who were hired to help people like me. Theres also a fair share of PRs who shouldn't have been hired in the first place, but because favoritism exists, and believe me you know it does, they are allowed in.

Graal has definitely changed. And not in a good way. I cant even talk in the Era Discord now without some admin poking fun at me. And its not game shade, it personal shade being thrown at me. You might think I'm a hypocrite but theyre supposed to be the ones who are "more mature than me".

I also dont like the lack of content being made for the game. Take VIP for example. 2 years ago, VIP had unique items such as Pianos, Guitars, Trumpets, Drums. Now we get melees which could have been sold in a shop. And dont give me the same statement of "Oh, VIP isnt supposed to be about the items". I can tell you right now that most people in game get VIP solely for the VIP items. If thats what people want, thats what they should get, especially if theyre paying 5$ worth of Gralats for it. Another example was the Arte shop. Why was it removed in the first place? No one knows, but now they brought it back to build up hype. Of course community created content is always going to be good, but now it seems to be a spot solely to rake more money in for the game.

Like I said Ill probably make a longer rant thread, but there are just my thoughts for now.
    Let's face it, Mike: Things can't stay the same for too long. As the game got older, so did staff. They left with their values, ideas, and skills, and went on to better things.

I agree with you that the 2013-2014 time period was era's prime years. After most of the staff hired during that time resigned/quit, things just haven't been the same. Take the recent projects for example, like the gun info place and the vault. It seems as if there's lots of potential for these implementations, but due to lack of adequate staffing, they just can't get anywhere. Hiring statues are everywhere now, which shows that era is somewhat understaffed. This is perhaps due to the inability to find mature, responsible, trustworthy players to help make Era a great place.

On a side note, have you seen the updates that were released while HW took over for a period of time? Italy is amazing.
    The one and only

LEPTO

feel free to pm me

Special thanks to Froz for making my avatar

The thing with staff members (and I have said this before on many threads) is that they are blamed for most of the stuff that happens on Era.

Yes, they are a big part of it, but I wouldn't necessarily blame them solely on whatever the current problem on Era is.

Now, I have no experience whatsoever on being admin, -I've never been one- but I can tell that the continuous mistreat from prepubescent kids is probably draining them. I am not saying you, I am saying the kids who send irrelevant messages everyday and demand things to admins as if they were the law.

I think that they can kind of be related to how Cops work (rule wise). For example, if a cop feels endangered he has been trained with the idea that it is okay to open fire towards the criminal. Now this may not be the best for all of the cases as an innocent person can be shot, and this makes a cop look bad. But what some people don't know is that this is what cops are told to do, this is how they are trained.

Same for admins, they have to gag you or warn you if you tell them something inappropriate because they are told to do so. Once again, it may not be the best as it may have been an innocent joke but that's how they were trained.

Maybe a simple change in rules could solve some problems, but they are there to begin with -and maybe for a reason-, so I don't know.

Another thing is that it may be because sometimes they hire very young staff -though I think that is because Era has a young demographic- kids who don't yet understand the responsibility of being an admin as someone more adult/mature would. Don't get me wrong though, there has been some amazing admins who are 14+ who have contributed a lot to the game. But not all are that mature, and they are young humans so they maybe won't be the best for the job. Maybe it is also about hiring? I mean, remember that they hired A LOT of people in one week after all those amazing admins resigned?

I think maybe the community in Era is the main problem if I am being honest, because well, admins come from within the community right?

One point I will have to agree with though is the VIP item thing, the quality and quantity has been going down drastically over the years. I also really miss the good quests we would get for big holidays, I just don't think that right now they have enough or the right staff to make more of those.

100% Agreed ^^

Spoiler
    liberalism is a mental disorder

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEpicGen View Post
    On a side note, have you seen the updates that were released while HW took over for a period of time? Italy is amazing.
    HW has done absolutely nothing leading up to Italy.

How I know that? Because I've scripted half of Italy's items myself.
    Italy was a project organized by Storm and UTMR.
    I'm not sure if you've lived under a rock for the past months (no offense, really) - however, HW is the reason Era keeps getting worse and worse.
    90% of Era's experienced staff left roughly 2-3 months ago due to her blatant incompetence in managing a server.

The fact she's probably removed 80% of my NPC's all over Era, including some in my Multiplex building, speaks volumes.
    Moreover, our good friend unixmad has seemingly had a change of heart after most of the people forgot about the incident(s) and un-linked my iOS account, again.

GraalOnline is bound to slowly die, and lose players.
    Childish management, terrible decisions, and nowadays they're really hiring from the bottom of the barrel.

This may seem like some rant, but it really isn't. I just think it's sad to see what Era turned into.

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post

I'm not sure if you've lived under a rock for the past months (no offense, really) - however, HW is the reason Era keeps getting worse and worse.
    90% of Era's experienced staff left roughly 2-3 months ago due to her blatant incompetence in managing a server.

The fact she's probably removed 80% of my NPC's all over Era, including some in my Multiplex building, speaks volumes.
    Moreover, our good friend unixmad has seemingly had a change of heart after most of the people forgot about the incident(s) and un-linked my iOS account, again.

Childish management, terrible decisions, and nowadays they're really hiring from the bottom of the barrel.

This may seem like some rant, but it really isn't. I just think it's sad to see what Era turned into.

In all honesty, I don't know why Storm wasn't picked as a manager. Or at least idk why HW was picked as a manager, specially since Ol' West isn't doing that great.

Hiring people from within the community, if done right, can be super beneficial business wise as well as community wise.
    Last edited by Rima Wasabi; 10-20-2017 at 07:28 PM.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post

+rep. I completely agree. If they don't do something quick, Era is going to turn into Zone or Ol' West.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    Hiring people from within the community, if done right, can be super beneficial business wise as well as community wise.
    Yes.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    The thing with staff members (and I have said this before on many threads) is that they are blamed for most of the stuff that happens on Era.

Yes, they are a big part of it, but I wouldn't necessarily blame them solely on whatever the current problem on Era is.

Now, I have no experience whatsoever on being admin, -I've never been one- but I can tell that the continuous mistreat from prepubescent kids is probably draining them. I am not saying you, I am saying the kids who send irrelevant messages everyday and demand things to admins as if they were the law.

I think that they can kind of be related to how Cops work (rule wise). For example, if a cop feels endangered he has been trained with the idea that it is okay to open fire towards the criminal. Now this may not be the best for all of the cases as an innocent person can be shot, and this makes a cop look bad. But what some people don't know is that this is what cops are told to do, this is how they are trained.

Same for admins, they have to gag you or warn you if you tell them something inappropriate because they are told to do so. Once again, it may not be the best as it may have been an innocent joke but that's how they were trained.

Maybe a simple change in rules could solve some problems, but they are there to begin with -and maybe for a reason-, so I don't know.

Another thing is that it may be because sometimes they hire very young staff -though I think that is because Era has a young demographic- kids who don't yet understand the responsibility of being an admin as someone more adult/mature would. Don't get me wrong though, there has been some amazing admins who are 14+ who have contributed a lot to the game. But not all are that mature, and they are young humans so they maybe won't be the best for the job. Maybe it is also about hiring? I mean, remember that they hired A LOT of people in one week after all those amazing admins resigned?

I think maybe the community in Era is the main problem if I am being honest, because well, admins come from within the community right?

One point I will have to agree with though is the VIP item thing, the quality and quantity has been going down drastically over the years. I also really miss the good quests we would get for big holidays, I just don't think that right now they have enough or the right staff to make more of those.
    Well thought out, but im wondering just who is hw? i thought she was older but now im not sure
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback