Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Current State of Era iPhone

On the topic of apparently blaming the entire staff team for the problems of Era, I dont blame them as a whole. I absolutely despise the PR team and Management. And I'll explain why.

The PR Team is noticeably lazier nowadays than what we recieved in 2014. Granted the game probably wasnt as big as it is now, with a small community comes a small Pr Team of course. But as of now, there around 30 PRs (10 Average per time zone), and there should be no excuse as to why reports take up as much time as they do, and I speak with experience as an ex PR. Reports usually came in at a rate of 1 report every 5-10 seconds. Thats about 6-12 reports per minute. And I was able to handle them quickly and effeciently. If a problem persisted, usually a player would PM me (which is what they should do), and I responded accordingly. Making sure reports werent ignored was my top priority when on duty. Nowadays, I can literally log on to Era right now and find a PR with their tag on, giving out dolls, noclipping around the map, and abusing their powers, doing things they shouldnt do, especially on tag. Ive reported many people recently, some who were even cursing at or bullying people IN PUBLIC, and as always, nothing was done. Obviously not every PR does this, but I can name 3 PRs right off the bat that I have witnessed do this on more than one occasion. I dont bother reporting them because 1, I dont gain anything from it, and 2, I wont be listened to anyways. Ill let them have their fun til it lasts. Its not my job to watch over PRs anyways. Its the PRAs, and right now, I can tell you that at least 1 PRA isnt very deserving of their current position. Just because youve been a PR for a long time doesnt automatically mean you should be more trustworthy, and this certain PRA is a good example. And whats with the recent hirings of PRs who have been FIRED? Not resigned, or MIA returns, but PLAYERS THAT HAVE BEEN FIRED?

Management is anything but good right now. HW is still fairly new to the Era Manager position, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. But so far, content has been incredibly lacking as of right now. Italy is an exception since it was the past higher ups who have been working on it for quite some time (As Anero stated), yet the credit was given to HW because she's currently the face of Era Management right now.

Props to the past higher ups for their work on Italy.

The current state of Era's staff team is incredibly unhealthy for the community. And it sucks too because whenever the staff are getting pointed at, they ALWAYS blame it on the community. Sorry, but thats something you probably shouldnt do as an in game staff member. You shouldnt blame the community for your lack of work. While we're on the topic of lack of work, why did the entire newspaper team get hired as PRs all at the same time? Ive asked White about it, but of course he ignored me. Seems rather favouritistic to me.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    It could be a lot worse, but when a player is seriously threatening to hunt your address down for jailing them? I mean, it's pathetic. There's some lovely, lovely players. So it's a shame.

It's forgotten that they have emotions, are only human, and they have our own POV. Seldom to players ever see from their shoes in any situation, as they do to them (because they kind of have to, but also because a one sided argument isn't a fair argument).
    Honestly if I was an admin and they threaten me to find my address I would be like "Very well, just remember I am protected by the second amendment."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyUK View Post
    On the topic of apparently blaming the entire staff team for the problems of Era, I dont blame them as a whole. I absolutely despise the PR team and Management. And I'll explain why.

The PR Team is noticeably lazier nowadays than what we recieved in 2014. Granted the game probably wasnt as big as it is now, with a small community comes a small Pr Team of course. But as of now, there around 30 PRs (10 Average per time zone), and there should be no excuse as to why reports take up as much time as they do, and I speak with experience as an ex PR. Reports usually came in at a rate of 1 report every 5-10 seconds. Thats about 6-12 reports per minute. And I was able to handle them quickly and effeciently. If a problem persisted, usually a player would PM me (which is what they should do), and I responded accordingly. Making sure reports werent ignored was my top priority when on duty. Nowadays, I can literally log on to Era right now and find a PR with their tag on, giving out dolls, noclipping around the map, and abusing their powers, doing things they shouldnt do, especially on tag. Ive reported many people recently, some who were even cursing at or bullying people IN PUBLIC, and as always, nothing was done. Obviously not every PR does this, but I can name 3 PRs right off the bat that I have witnessed do this on more than one occasion. I dont bother reporting them because 1, I dont gain anything from it, and 2, I wont be listened to anyways. Ill let them have their fun til it lasts. Its not my job to watch over PRs anyways. Its the PRAs, and right now, I can tell you that at least 1 PRA isnt very deserving of their current position. Just because youve been a PR for a long time doesnt automatically mean you should be more trustworthy, and this certain PRA is a good example. And whats with the recent hirings of PRs who have been FIRED? Not resigned, or MIA returns, but PLAYERS THAT HAVE BEEN FIRED?

Management is anything but good right now. HW is still fairly new to the Era Manager position, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. But so far, content has been incredibly lacking as of right now. Italy is an exception since it was the past higher ups who have been working on it for quite some time (As Anero stated), yet the credit was given to HW because she's currently the face of Era Management right now.

Props to the past higher ups for their work on Italy.

The current state of Era's staff team is incredibly unhealthy for the community. And it sucks too because whenever the staff are getting pointed at, they ALWAYS blame it on the community. Sorry, but thats something you probably shouldnt do as an in game staff member. You shouldnt blame the community for your lack of work. While we're on the topic of lack of work, why did the entire newspaper team get hired as PRs all at the same time? Ive asked White about it, but of course he ignored me. Seems rather favouritistic to me.
    I will go back to what I said regarding hiring people from within the community.

If done right, it is beneficial, if done wrong it will obviously hurt.

They are not hiring professionals, they are hiring people who don't have any knowledge other than experience who was most likely self thought. Which is not bad, but don't be surprised if sometimes you don't get what you expect.

Obviously it could be management, but like you said, HW is somewhat new so we won't know. Although so far she is not really in good terms with a lot of former admins who actually left after 1 month or so of her stepping in. That says a lot.

I agree there are some things that need to be changed, they are hiring people who care about being admins but don't care about the community. (Once again, this does not apply to everyone).

Some great points indeed; too bad nothing will be done about it. Sad truth.