Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Price Regulation?

Question Price Regulation?

from what I know, the game is attempting to shifting towards a skill-based gameplay and I am also aware that there is an increasing number of players of whom many are getting the once rare weapons/ items that only few have. This makes the game increasingly competitive and those who are new to the game may find it difficult to progress while the veterans will progress by leaps and bounds. So perhaps the game can have constantly and automatically changing pricing systems that regulate prices based on the rate at which it is purchased.

E.g. if one day 23 m4s are sold while the other guns remains at a low rate, then the m4 prices will increase by 23% (just for example). Then, this will reduce the number of m4s being bought and players will turn to other guns/ not buy at all. The infated price of the gun will then drop according to the decrease in its rate of being sold. The prices can also be deflated if its in low-demand, but maybe there will be a threshold to the deflation/inflation. The same can go for the prices of items and etc.

Hopefully this will be able to moderate the number of "good" guns/items that are being bought as if too many players are armed with these guns/items that will put them at a distinct advantage from those who do not have the item.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

can we not....(opinion)

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    Ninja[Thatboy]Zayzay_G6 Add me on era

Well, this is why we have a tutorial for the new players that start the game. If they decide to skip the tutorial, it's on them.

have you seen how crazy people are at bidding in auctions? increasing prices will not affect, people will still buy it or save up for it. and it sounds like a complicated scripting work to add this in-game. so this shouldn't/won't happen imo.

Spoiler
    liberalism is a mental disorder

Quote Originally Posted by VertuCA View Post
    have you seen how crazy people are at bidding in auctions? increasing prices will not affect, people will still buy it or save up for it. and it sounds like a complicated scripting work to add this in-game. so this shouldn't/won't happen imo.
    The thing about auctions is that the people are willing to pay not because the prices are high, but because the items are usually rares and there are no fixed predefined prices to it. Even when traders attempt to resell these auction items they give it to those with the highest offer or they seem them over a range of prices. And even even when they themselves down set a price, other traders selling the same item won't usually set the same price. However, in this case, because there is a predefined price and it is obvious to tell that the prices have gone up, it will deter players from splurging on the inflated stuff.

One way this way could moderate the competition out there is that let say the prices of the Bar gun has gone up to 230k gralats, and 150 fewer players bought it that week. In a week there will be 150 fewer people armed with bar guns out there and so the competition is regulated. And these players will have to take people down using the weapons that they have instead of the bar gun that they wanted to buy ,making it more skill based.

Those who are rich enough to spend more money on inflated prices are free to do so, because the game earns and well they paid more for it so I think it's only right they get the product.

With a reduced competition there will be reduced lag and more time for those newbies to save up/ survive and they won't feel so discouraged from being killed that often and then quit the game.

It will also revolutionise the way people trade because prices will no longer be fixed and so you may get at a much lower price or a much higher price in trading. Even if we dread the chances of it being higher priced, surely we can give it a go at the chance of a lower price?

Maybe there are already sine people dominating the kills out there, well perhaps unlimited ammo and revive can be regulated too

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Hmm but what about all the "pro" basers who already have these OP guns, then it will be like all the old basers already have bar and other OP guns and new people struggling to buy BAR and other OP guns because of inflated prices, so that basically would destroy the whole point of this idea and it would infact make it worse for new players. No ?
    "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."

iEra also has staff to help players that have any questions about the game too. That's one of the roles of the PR's (Player relations).

Quote Originally Posted by Lapiz View Post
    iEra also has staff to help players that have any questions about the game too. That's one of the roles of the PR's (Player relations).
    lol wrong thread bro? Both your post on this thread made no sense to the topic of thread.
    "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    I swear i'm going to tell the truth here. When it comes to money, and prices, sooooo many people complain. This is a terrible ​idea. No offense.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Exter View Post
    lol wrong thread bro? Both your post on this thread made no sense to the topic of thread.
    I'm not on the wrong thread bro lol. He said that these people with high power guns make the game harder for newer people. The staff on the game help people with questions. The more you know about the game, the more you can progress.