Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Halloween harassment

We need to stop lying to ourselves and denying the very fact that some players feel threatened or harassed by it. Its all that matters, not what the admins think. I can insult someone and if he or she feels offended it's not okay because hurt is inflicted, and just because someone else say " that guy doesn't look hurt " doesn't mean he isn't.

People find it harassment and that's why they raised it up. It is not up to admins to say whether these players should feel harassed or not. Rather, it is the admins responsibility to alleviate this feeling of harassment by doing something about it. Don't shriek this responsibility in the name of your personal subjectivity on that matter.

I question the level of professionalism being displayed here. And I saw hardly any attempts made at helping anyone whomsoever affected by it except for the repetitive rebuttal and shrieking of responsibility. Should this be the way staff treat it's players?

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LYK08; 10-24-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Banned
    You cannot punish somebody for pking.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdetroit View Post
    Not my place to say what staff should do but they need to do something other then clicking a harassment report about this and closing it. It's in the game rules that players can enjoy the game with out being harassed and the PKers are breaking a clearly written rule. Also no we're in the announcement did it say anything about pking someone that's playing the event so.
    Personally I would warm anyone that got reported and was witnessed doing the harassment or make TOT locations that are safe.
    There IS a safe place to TOT. The 3 story apartment house (idk what its called) It has no pk inside and alot of doors to knock on.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    We need to stop lying to ourselves and denying the very fact that some players feel threatened or harassed by it. Its all that matters, not what the admins think. I can insult someone and if he or she feels offended it's not okay because hurt is inflicted, and just because someone else say " that guy doesn't look hurt " doesn't mean he isn't.

People find it harassment and that's why they raised it up. It is not up to admins to say whether these players should feel harassed or not. Rather, it is the admins responsibility to alleviate this feeling of harassment by doing something about it. Don't shriek this responsibility in the name of your personal subjectivity on that matter.

I question the level of professionalism being displayed here. And I saw hardly any attempts made at helping anyone whomsoever affected by it except for the repetitive rebuttal and shrieking of responsibility. Should this be the way staff treat it's players?

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    For the billionth time, they can't punish people for pking. We aren't deciding if people are hurt or not for them, but you gotta draw a line mate.

If we punished or banned every single person/thing that annoyed players, the game wouldn't really be the game anymore.

Player Relations
    How about making such areas protected , where players can't Pk.
    Ask me any era-related question(s)
    I'd be glad to answer

IGN:KvN

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by Drdetroit View Post
    It is not the staffs place to be bias or use there personal opinions about any report they answer. They are the games "police" and are there to enforce the rules for EVERYONE not just a certain type of player. Harassment is defined in the rules as i stated in the OP not by your mine or anyone elses personal opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a special event for trick or treating and no different then someone posting over head chat in holiday maze causing players to fall and start over on purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

And the most ignored report by bias staff that just want to click through the reports. And for the comment about killing then gasing and killing again 10 times! How is that not harassment? Staff even employed measures so it would not benifit the player that is harassing (killing) the other player.

- - - Updated - - -

They did and some players abused glitches to allow them to still kill and many got jailed over it. Kinda my point is to bring it to attention of the staff this year.

- - - Updated - - -

You bring up something else that may be against the rules wich is glitching. If a event is intended to run a way and players and doing things that are not ment to be done then staff correct the issue and remove the abusing players by either sticking them back to start or warning them intill the issue is resolved.

They are not allowed to do it per the game rules heres a link
    https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...and-Guidelines

As for the staff not being able to control everything that is true and what the report system is in place for. But if staff are not aware of the game rules and/or are bias about certain things in the game then they need to be trained again before they continue being staff.
    Glitching is using an accidental, technological, in-game mistake for personal gain. NOT using TOTing to pk. You keep suggesting staff don't do reports or follow them up, but they DO and HAVE TO, or their stats would show so and they'd be fired or warned. And by teaching, and considering it's the main part of the game, staff cannot warn or jail players for pking! How unfair would it be if one person would be warned for pking during Halloween and literally a month later, someone does the same thing to a few players and doesn't get punished? Same for the gas example. Gas is implemented in game for a reason.

It can annoy you or bother you all you want, but if every single thing that a player could consider "disturbing gameplay" was gotten rid of, we wouldn't have pking just for the car missioners, we would have assigned Speedy Pizza tables for "stealing", we'd have it so no one could ever take another players shells and the shells would build up on the map, we'd probably have no staff because they annoy and bother players too, no one would ever be jailed, scamming would be illegal, it goes on and on.

A proposition could be to have select TOTing areas turned non kill depending on where they are, but most definitely not what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    Glitching is using an accidental, technological, in-game mistake for personal gain. NOT using TOTing to pk. You keep suggesting staff don't do reports or follow them up, but they DO and HAVE TO, or their stats would show so and they'd be fired or warned. And by teaching, and considering it's the main part of the game, staff cannot warn or jail players for pking! How unfair would it be if one person would be warned for pking during Halloween and literally a month later, someone does the same thing to a few players and doesn't get punished? Same for the gas example. Gas is implemented in game for a reason.

It can annoy you or bother you all you want, but if every single thing that a player could consider "disturbing gameplay" was gotten rid of, we wouldn't have pking just for the car missioners, we would have assigned Speedy Pizza tables for "stealing", we'd have it so no one could ever take another players shells and the shells would build up on the map, we'd probably have no staff because they annoy and bother players too, no one would ever be jailed, scamming would be illegal, it goes on and on.

A proposition could be to have select TOTing areas turned non kill depending on where they are, but most definitely not what you're saying.
    My main problem with the pkers in tot is they use the door areas as cover so they can spam overpowered guns on noobs and people trying to play the event.

Was the event designed to make mass killing areas for pkers with mini etc? I certainly hope not..

Edit : the pizza tables were extended to help alleviate that problem, gas is made for pking nobody is arguing that fact, there's a big difference between using the areas as a easy boost which is wasn't intented for (greifing) and annoying people.

Boosting player kills - killing other players, or your alternate accounts continually to gain kills unfairly.
    Last edited by Wilder94; 10-24-2017 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post

I can see you enjoy talking and stating your opion but the fact of the matter is the game rules state that what these players are doing is in FACT AGAINST THE RULES weather you want to admit it or not. Player relations duty is not to use there own opions of things when answering a report but rather read the report and follow the game rules to resolve the issue at hand with out bias. As for this staff stat thing its just a log you and myself as former staff know that that log really never gets looked at unless something is brought up to the higher level staff then they can review the logs and they should be on this matter if PR have the view on this matter like yourself and the present PR that commented on this thread.
    As for your comments about car missions/pizza tables/shells there are ways to correct those issues also or the issue is irrelevant. Something should be done about the car job pking, once a pizza is crafted that job is complete,and shells dont just stay on the map they have a lifespan. And it goes on and on....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KvNEraa View Post
    How about making such areas protected , where players can't Pk.
    Thats kinda what they did the last couple years

Ok PKing is illegal now

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Ok PKing is illegal now
    Its not that simple sadly.
    The event is broken as it stands now and discussed this on rc and telephone conversations with some of the old top staff. If pking was part of it then it would of been in the announcement. The game is for everyone to enjoy weather that being pking,baseing,hanging out at astros or start,doing jobs,etc......