Thread: MetalStorm Or bar?

Newcomer

MetalStorm Or bar?

Good day guys, just wondering what the best option between these two guns is? after the nerf, why is everyone is going to metal? is bar still that good or worth 200k?
    Thank You

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Depends on what you use it for. It's good for spar if you know how to work with higher freeze. But overall I like the metalstorm better because it's much faster, has a lot of spread, and is just pretty all around. The only difference is it doesn't do 10 damage. But other than that, I like the metalstorm better. Bar isn't that good anymore tbh.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Maybe because the BAR is slow now. I never used metalstorm and i would for bar. Even after the major nerf from may, people still using BAR a lot. I also sense a nerf on metalstorm soon.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Metalstorm was already nerfed and it used to be OP. No point in nerfing it again.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

It's got a lot to do with purpose and preference. A Metal Storm's slowly coming into the meta focus as mobility takes precedence over DPS, but you can't go wrong with the classics. The BAR's genuinely still one of the best weapons for stopping someone in their tracks, and that won't ever change. If you're planning on PKing on the streets, it's a toss-up and you can save $50k by getting the Metal Storm. If you're in a more spar-oriented state of mind, you're in good graces getting the Metal Storm. If you're looking to sit in a base and defend/attack in the time you spend on Era -- again -- you'd be fine getting the Metal Storm. The only factor that would swing me into buying a BAR is if I was a player that has trouble closing out kills and gets people low, but can't seal the deal. Then, and only then would I spend the extra $50k on the BAR. It's been one of the most consistent guns on Era for years (which is a shortcoming of the Metal Storm, which boasts high inconsistency with its' spread and odd RoF) and that won't change, no matter how many times the gun has been nerfed.
    Founding member of the Divine Family.
    Former Era Legacy Weapons Admin, Senior Player Relations, Gang Admin, Development Admin & Manager (for 8 hours!).

I mean if you are willing to save for BAR till 200k then get a GM4 instead. Metalstorm is better than BAR but that spread .-. So I guess just get GM4, it's pretty good still even after nerf.
    "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."

Banned
    I recommend you to buy BAR. Although it has been downgraded, it is still a very good gun.

By applying mobility on bar, i bet you will have a decent reflexes on your thumbs

Get Maelstrom

"Everyone's a Falcon"
    www.KrioleGFX.weebly.com
    In Game Name: ItsKriole
    Since 2012