Thread: A threat to Era as we know it it coming.

A threat to Era as we know it it coming.

A lot of people complain that there is never any new content in this game, a legitimate grievance. Often it is brushed off because the kids who play this game sink hundreds of hours into it and don't want to leave their stuff, it's a great player retention system. But the goliath of player retention is about to hit the app store, of course I'm talking about RuneScape... as some of you know Old School RuneScape is coming to mobile early 2018 and if there is no actual new content soon, OSRS will steal your playerbase and only the most dedicated vets will remain. When I was a kid everyone I knew played RuneScape, and the graal player base is the exact same age as the old RuneScape player base. It can and will happen if the game doesn't improve.

there are new updates all the time for example italy new fishing job holidays crypt and allot more in the future probably
    anyways it dont work like this people can play 2 games they dont have to all just play this one game and that if they will even want to play it anyways i dont think it will harm in any way realy people still will play era they have items here friends gangs goals and more

Mmm. No. Runescape's player base is predominantly adults, whereas iEra's is young teens.
    Also, OSRS is not the same as Era, they are pretty different.
    my discord is xiv#2549

Gotta remember that you gotta pay a monthly subscription to actually play in a members world for Runescape also. Which I would imagine many "kids" wouldn't be able to afford/buy. Of course there is also free to play Runescape but god it gets boring really quick.

Although I do agree that there are many updates, they are not the same. Remember quality over quantity is always something to think about when releasing new content. I would rather have a nicely done update rather than rushed projects, though if I am quite honest it is probably because everyone keeps whining that there are no updates.

As far as people leaving Era for another game- it happens all the time. People get tired of one thing so they move to the other. I don't think that this game coming out for phone will make much of a difference. They are both very different games, run differently as well. And just like WreX said some people will play both, it won't affect the player base in my opinion, and if it does then it is most likely not because of updates.

Anybody who actually plays era, understands the grind of era, and knows even the SLIGHTEST thing about era can enjoy the game until there's nothing left to gain. While grinding for a new gun/melee, Straight digging for shells, or grinding out events for that sweet sweet EC Katana blade, may seem boring and repetitive at times, it's you getting closer to your goal slowly but surely that keeps you going or sends you away. It's either that or you use iTunes (yuck) and take away half the fun.

This brings up the next point. The PK system in era is actually amazing. As simple as it is, it makes it difficult and easy at the same time. Yeah, it's a system that rewards you for getting better and mindlessly slaughtering people online. You get cool gun skins, cool hats, cool guns, and reputation/competition. You meet people in everything you do in this game, much like runescape. Era wont ever truly die out, along with all the other graal games, until something better comes out to replace it. Runescape is dominantly played by ADULTS because it's not easy for the audience's age range that era currently has.

Long story short, Era is in it's own unique way, better than Runescape in some areas. I rest my case.
    Leaf - Founder of BTK

Discord - Leafy#2471

"I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated." - Tupac

So it's coming out in 2018?????? I'm hyped

I'll still be playing Graal though

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Still Eras hella Addicting XD

first step tracking snk and paying him $100 a hour to script

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    See that's where you got it all wrong. Kids don't really play Runescape. We grew up as kids playing Runescape. All the new gen gamers know are games like CS:GO, WoW, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. I hardly see kids playing Runescape today. Plus idek why you would compare era to such a classic game like Runescape which is one of the most popular mmos of all time. As a matter of fact, I was still a baby when Runscape came out. That's how old it is. Runescape is like the heart of mmos. Runescape started it all. No it wasn't WoW. It was Runescape. Most of era consists of kids ranging from 9 year olds to 13 year olds. Or at least that's what I think from my experience of attitude and maturity levels. And I'm 100% sure that 90% of those kids have never even heard of Runescape, or have never even played it. I've been playing Runescape since 2007. Which is probably Runescape at it's prime. Runescape won't ruin Era. Because most of Era most likely haven't even played or even heard of Runescape. Don't even worry about it. All these people won't quit over Runescape. Also xiang when are we gonna do some dungeoneering?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DistantCx View Post
    Gotta remember that you gotta pay a monthly subscription to actually play in a members world for Runescape also. Which I would imagine many "kids" wouldn't be able to afford/buy. Of course there is also free to play Runescape but god it gets boring really quick.
    Yet they're able to spend hundreds of dollars for auction guns and just guns in general. F2p still amazingly fun. Members is much more fun, but I pretty much leveled up 90% off F2p. I like grinding harder.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!