Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nours GFX :

Nours GFX :

Its been almost a year since I last attempted to do some gfx. I left on as a beginner and am currently Still training . Ive got too much to learn ,but ill be posting any work ive accomplished so that my work could be critized and with some help I could improve.
    Hat Template.pngHat Template.png
    First attempt.

- - - Updated - - -

DlDQvFu - Copy (3).png
    Bed ive done Earlier last year

Woah that bed looks cool

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Hat Template.png
    heres what I ended up with, changed the colors added hue to them , might aswell try to give it glowing gif. I guess the hat itself should be moved abit up the head.

Ahhh it looks really nice

As for the bed it looks a bit too square imo (like the blankets and the pillow).

Quote Originally Posted by NaniRima View Post
    Ahhh it looks really nice

As for the bed it looks a bit too square imo (like the blankets and the pillow).
    DlDQvFu - Copy (3).png
    Tried to fix it .

Hey Nour!
    Let's go ahead and take a good look at your hat.

Well, first of all, let me go ahead and point out that your hat has banding.
    For more information about banding: click here!

Alright, well I simply made an outline with one dark color and created a palette for the colors. (Sorry if the colors look awful, my laptop's color isn't very accurate.)
    Anyways, you don't want to band or be too heavy in AA (unless you're aiming realism, but realism is a complex method). So, let's keep it simple first.

Begin with filling the object with the main color. Create your shading first, then begin highlighting.
    Here are some useful links for shading spheres:
    Click here!
    Here too!
    You can always google more tutorials for spheres!

And here's the final product!

I hope that helped! Please read, view, and observe pixel art often to find patterns!
    Here is an amazing artist that talks about pixel art:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Z4...KvcYVHI86-4K_b

=D Have an amazing day, Nour!
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Hey Nour!
    Let's go ahead and take a good look at your hat.

Well, first of all, let me go ahead and point out that your hat has banding.
    For more information about banding: click here!

Alright, well I simply made an outline with one dark color and created a palette for the colors. (Sorry if the colors look awful, my laptop's color isn't very accurate.)
    Anyways, you don't want to band or be too heavy in AA (unless you're aiming realism, but realism is a complex method). So, let's keep it simple first.

Begin with filling the object with the main color. Create your shading first, then begin highlighting.
    Here are some useful links for shading spheres:
    Click here!
    Here too!
    You can always google more tutorials for spheres!

And here's the final product!

I hope that helped! Please read, view, and observe pixel art often to find patterns!
    Here is an amazing artist that talks about pixel art:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Z4...KvcYVHI86-4K_b

=D Have an amazing day, Nour!
    Thanks for the tip! That was really helpful , i am gonna go through every one of these Links . Youve always helped me out since i first started Gfx. Thanks for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Hey Nour!
    I have went through all the links and they were very helpful (thanks again) but I still don't clearly understand what is banding . I checked the link you attached to your post but I still don't get it . I don't want to seem rude at this point, but I would really appreciate if someone can make this concept clearer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nour View Post
    I have went through all the links and they were very helpful (thanks again) but I still don't clearly understand what is banding . I checked the link you attached to your post but I still don't get it . I don't want to seem rude at this point, but I would really appreciate if someone can make this concept clearer to me.
    It's never rude to ask questions!

Banding is a mix of pillow shading and AA. Banding is mainly common in small clusters. As an artist, you are tempted to AA those lines, but having do it, it makes a separate color for that AA having it seem as a shadow, in a sense. With that being said, it looks bad, just because it's literally one line of a dark color irrelevant to the shading (because you did that line to AA, correct?)

Let's set up an example. Say hi to Chris!

So Chris here is wanting to be shaded, so let's go ahead and do that!

So I shaded Chris, everything seems good, no banding. Now, let's add some AA.

Err, I think I AA'd just fine.

Chris: No you didn't you 'no-good color palette poor rigid nasty looking face' artist.

=[ Okay. So what did I do wrong?

Basically all these 'AA' made the image look double outline, jaggy, and also banding. Banding because it's the same length of the outline (for the left side of Chris).

So, let's fix him, although his attitude makes me wanna throw him away.

And there's ugly Chris for you! I added highlights for a purpose. Look at his big forehead. It looks like it's about to be banding right? (Highlight - midtone - shadow) Well, Nour, there are some circumstances that banding can be allowed, usually when it's needed and it doesn't ruin the image. However, let's say I want to widen that highlight.

Then I would go like this. No banding, but there are AA. =o Why didn't I band? Because if I do, it'll become a habit, making me think banding is acceptable.
    So keep in mind, that banding might be valid in certain circumstances, but simply think banding is bad bad bad and you must find an alternative to prevent banding.

Any who, here are some more links for you to read further into banding:
    Click here!
    Here too!
    I don't think I showed you this link.

If you have any other questions, ask. Always ask questions. There are no stupid questions. (Unless it's irrelevant)
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

That example made it more clear to me.
    ads.png
    In this example I tried to fix some of the banding on the edges . ignore the heart itself it looks bad . however i tried to address the issue idk if that's how banding is upposed to work.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Chris is cute.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!