Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here lift weights?

Soldier Picciotti

Does anyone here lift weights?

If you do can you please tell me the difference between doing a snatch this way and this one

- - - Updated - - -

Are different muscles being worked by doing it one way or is it the same thing?

The first is focusing more on your arms and abs, while the second is also including the legs and thighs by squating directly after and going to a full stance. you should NOT do this if you aren't confident you can life the weight on your bar.
    Leaf - Founder of BTK

Discord - Leafy#2471

"I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated." - Tupac

Don't really know why you would want to perform this exercise. If you are new to lifting or have even been doing it for a few years it's so easy to injure yourself. If it's not from dropping the weight on your head it'd be something like tearing your rotator cuffs.

Unless you actually want to get into olympic weightlifting you'd probably see more results and have less of chance being injured just squatting/ military pressing/ deadlifting to target each of the muscles more individually

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote:

"When you are a beginner you don't generally have the muscular strength to work intensely enough, or with enough volume, to require as much recovery time as someone who is stronger or more experienced. If you are a young beginner, on top of that, you have very good recovery abilities due to high hormone levels. So, because you are recovered relatively quickly after each workout, you want to stimulate each muscle group more often to induce strength and growth.

Another reason to start with a full body program is that this gives you the opportunity to learn and practice the basic lifts: squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, barbell rows, etc. Whether your goal is bodybuilding, strength athlete, sports, or just remaining fit, these really ought to form the basis of any routine. No matter what path you choose to "branch out" on later, these core lifts will serve you well."

Although to answer your question, IN the second video it looks like the Hamstrings/Calves are being more involved whereas in the First video it's more of the shoulder/upper body region.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Boi I lift food

You need a couple of years before doing that, and dedication.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

I used to be in weight lifting but I switched out to take Digital Design & Computer Graphics

"Everyone's a Falcon"
    www.KrioleGFX.weebly.com
    In Game Name: ItsKriole
    Since 2012

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Why are you doing this if you're new to lifting? Are you intentionally trying to injure yourself?
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJimmy View Post
    Why are you doing this if you're new to lifting? Are you intentionally trying to injure yourself?
    Agree :0 could be dangerous to start like this.