Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Staff impersonation on Graal

noob

Post Staff impersonation on Graal

Okay so I don't know where to begin but this is really getting out of control with the scammers on Graal.
    Recently someone With the Name "Graal Contact" has been going around Pming People Saying "Hello. You have been chosen to be a Player Relations Admin , If you like to take apart and successfully become a New staff member of Plyer Relations , message us back ~ Graal Contact". Obviously this Is a scam but so many fail for it because when you tap the profile it's nothing there , No Align , No gralats , no Hp , No Pks , Spar , Absolutely nothing. So long story short once he/she gets your email they take everything you have , delete your friends list , leave all guilds , reset your stats , basically ruin everyone you've worked hard for and the weird part is once they do that , when you try to log back in it says "The account is already in use" even when it's offline. Even if you block out or report it , some how they'll be pming you the next hour with the same statement. One time the person pm me and I knew it was a scam , so I gave it the email to my jailed alternative account which is jailed 50 hours some how This person doesn't even get affected , he didn't get jailed for logging into a jailed account so idk what to do at this point as a player. So I'll leave this here for a staff to deal with, Please fix this issue fast it's sad to see people lose all they worked for , for several years

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 31929

Yeah my cousin fell for it, unfortunately it was too late for him when I told him it was most likely fake. Honestly, there is not much that admins can do on this situations as jailing won't solve the issue. It would have to be something more like an IP ban.

They are already taking things into matter though, sending reminders that staff never ask for emails.

Probably the person who had "nothing there, No Align , No gralats , no Hp , No Pks , Spar , Absolutely nothing" was pming people from a different graal game and not on an era server so that stuff doesn't appear. TBH that is pretty smart because it makes the person seem more legit and like an admin.

Zany
    There's been numerous broadcast messages relating to this and I'll say a million times over- staff will never, ever, EVER pm you in game and ask for information. NEVER.

I don't know what runs through players minds when they decide to give it out. But it should be known, if you never signed up for the PR team officially and recently, if you never received an application in game, if the person is suspicious or isn't known, if the person is not a higher up staff, and even then, then it is a scam. Even if it's a staff, there's not one online situation where it's justified to consciously give out information. Unfortunately players think it is official and get excited, willing to take the risk.

For some reason when it comes to Graal, the golden rule of the internet is completely ignored. Players innocently giving away, sharing and borrowing accounts, giving out info to people they think they trust (of course siblings aren't included). They have to realize that staff really can't do much about it. If you gave out info, that was your foolish mistake. They can't return anything you lose. It's unfortunate.

Always use your gut and common sense.

Dumb primary schoolers...
    https://imgur.com/a/zze3s
    This message has been sent several times
    Last edited by Wast; 11-17-2017 at 12:07 AM.

A staff member would never ask you for your email. Just think: All of that information is there upon request, so why ask the player for it when the admin can simply pull it out?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post
    There's been numerous broadcast messages relating to this and I'll say a million times over- staff will never, ever, EVER pm you in game and ask for information. NEVER.

I don't know what runs through players minds when they decide to give it out. But it should be known, if you never signed up for the PR team officially and recently, if you never received an application in game, if the person is suspicious or isn't known, if the person is not a higher up staff, and even then, then it is a scam. Even if it's a staff, there's not one online situation where it's justified to consciously give out information. Unfortunately players think it is official and get excited, willing to take the risk.

For some reason when it comes to Graal, the golden rule of the internet is completely ignored. Players innocently giving away, sharing and borrowing accounts, giving out info to people they think they trust (of course siblings aren't included). They have to realize that staff really can't do much about it. If you gave out info, that was your foolish mistake. They can't return anything you lose. It's unfortunate.

Zany, most players in Graal Era are very new and most likely are Kids, they don't even read whats the pm you receive on trades! Not all players on era have an era-go account so they miss all the important things that we talk about here on the forums. How would they suppose to know that its a scam? I know this also happened because they lack common sense and knowledge about the game itself, but players need to understand the type of scam that is currently causing people trouble. Admins need to get the attention of players on how to prevent this

Sent from Neptune using a Seismograph

noob
    Zany idk if your a teenager or what but as a child , when you started a new game did you read the tutorials or Game policy? I know most people skip it , especially if they're a child and wanting to have fun on their new game

Yeaa ik two people who almost fell for it because of that person status. Admins need to know his main acc asap and perma ban him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zany View Post

Not everyone can speak or understand English properly

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb123 View Post
    Zany idk if your a teenager or what but as a child , when you started a new game did you read the tutorials or Game policy? I know most people skip it , especially if they're a child and wanting to have fun on their new game
    Quote Originally Posted by LAZULI View Post
    Zany, most players in Graal Era are very new and most likely are Kids, they don't even read whats the pm you receive on trades! Not all players on era have an era-go account so they miss all the important things that we talk about here on the forums. How would they suppose to know that its a scam? I know this also happened because they lack common sense and knowledge about the game itself, but players need to understand the type of scam that is currently causing people trouble. Admins need to get the attention of players on how to prevent this

Sent from Neptune using a Seismograph
    I'm only speaking in the grand scheme of things; I'm aware everyone is different (maturity, age and language wise) and people ignore things. Never meant to come off as harsh or ignorant to other POVs and people. All I was trying to say is throughout all the world, the most golden rule on the internet is not to spread information. And that anyone, no matter what their age, should always use their gut when it comes to situations like this. But like I said in my original post, they would get excited and if I were a kid and was pmed that, I wouldn't know what I would do. Not everything I said was meant to come off as "Don't give out information, and if you do, you're an idiot and deserve what you got." and if it did, once again, I apologize.

And yea, I know, it needs to be permanently dealt with and yea, I know, it's the forums and most people won't see it. Kind of said it for the people of the forums lol hence why I said it on the forums. And hence why I worded it the way I did because I know the majority of the people on here and that they'll get what I'm saying, although I didn't only try to say what I said for them either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Yeaa ik two people who almost fell for it because of that person status. Admins need to know his main acc asap and perma ban him

- - - Updated - - -

Not everyone can speak or understand English properly
    There's the translator, but I get what you mean. That thing isn't the best.