Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bar sucks now

Why balance something thats worth so drastic in Graal? As far as I know, 200k isn't a small sum considering how long it takes just to get 5k gralats. Yeah, everyone complained and uploaded rants but admins and whoever is in charge could give a single F about the nerf or the whole game in general. Just another downfall from the great Era before 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNeck View Post
    Why balance something thats worth so drastic in Graal? As far as I know, 200k isn't a small sum considering how long it takes just to get 5k gralats. Yeah, everyone complained and uploaded rants but admins and whoever is in charge could give a single F about the nerf or the whole game in general. Just another downfall from the great Era before 2015.
    Yeah it's sad to see hundreds of dollars wasted but in the end....you still have bar right¿

I used only $20-$50 for it but in the end that's gone

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Well now the best guns metal and shipka somehow and pdw also spam it its usless nerfing guns because always people will find an alternate gun for example most people like spammy guns no wonder why now we are seeing increase in metal gun users

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    Well now the best guns metal and shipka somehow and pdw also spam it its usless nerfing guns because always people will find an alternate gun for example most people like spammy guns no wonder why now we are seeing increase in metal gun users

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes but the alternate gun is not as strong/ overpowered as previously. If people want to use metal over bar then that's fine, also means when going against it you have 1 more 'life' than if they were using the BAR as metal kills in 6 shots rather than 5.

Metal is definitely not the 'best' option out there. You are correct saying people prefer spammy guns but i'd reword that to guns that are easy to use. Metal has a high firerate so they can hold fire, move around and get kills. Very little effort required.
    BAR is still better than metalstorm, just it's harder to use as using it to its full advantage requires paying attention because you have to tap at a specific pattern so the gun fires at a decent speed instead of holding fire where it's significantly slower.

Which is why you will probably see good players still using the BAR compared to players that had previously just relied on how easy the bar was to spam, using the metalstorm instead as it's the next best thing- even if it's not the best option.

Same reason why you see guns like the HK416 and Sawed Ak/ Scar H being very underused guns due to their slow firerate and not because they suck. They're 'harder' guns to use than your typical metalstorm/ gm4/ m4 because you can't just hold fire, and could arguably be better than some of those options if you have above average skills

I guess I would just like to know what problem the nerf was supposed to fix. I don't believe there was a lack of people basing/sparring/pking before the nerf, which makes me ask the question,"what specific problem was the nerf intended to fix?" Don't just say, "the weapons needed to be rebalanced." Why, why did they need a rebalance if there was nothing wrong with the original version for the first 6 years of the game? I believe weapon rebalancing would be a smart choice if there was an actual problem that needed fixing like lack of people basing, or lack of people sparring, however, I do not believe this was the case. In fact, I believe it has had none, to negative effect on both these aspects of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazz View Post
    I guess I would just like to know what problem the nerf was supposed to fix. I don't believe there was a lack of people basing/sparring/pking before the nerf, which makes me ask the question,"what specific problem was the nerf intended to fix?" Don't just say, "the weapons needed to be rebalanced." Why, why did they need a rebalance if there was nothing wrong with the original version for the first 6 years of the game? I believe weapon rebalancing would be a smart choice if there was an actual problem that needed fixing like lack of people basing, or lack of people sparring, however, I do not believe this was the case. In fact, I believe it has had none, to negative effect on both these aspects of gameplay.
    Well there are multiple threads in the guns section that say exactly why they were changed

So the Bar was nerfed for reasons being it was too strong, or in other words, a very good gun? And wasn't that the reason for it being priced so highly?

If thats the case, that is the equivalence of buying a very expensive car because of it's performance, then suddenly getting the whole engine swapped out to a "rebalanced" lower performanced engine because of reasons the car was too fast or too good.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Well there are multiple threads in the guns section that say exactly why they were changed
    When yoou thought you mastered m4 but blitz comes in and says its (for nubs)spammy :dd
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I read through all of them like 6 months ago, but I still am not clear on a solid problem for the nerf to fix? Weapon rebalancing just to rebalance weapons? I would understand a weapon rebalancing situation a month or 2 into the game, but 6 years??? I mean if there was a problem, why wasn't it noticed until 6 years into the game, obviously because whatever problem there was, was miniscule. Which at that point, makes me wonder why you would stir up the whole community with a "fix" for a problem so small that nobody noticed there was one. I don't believe this argument will get anywhere anyway, and it's probably not even in the right section, but ya Spazz over and out.

- - - Updated - - -

So the Bar was nerfed for reasons being it was too strong, or in other words, a very good gun? And wasn't that the reason for it being priced so highly?

If thats the case, that is the equivalence of buying a very expensive car because of it's performance, then suddenly getting the whole engine swapped out to a "rebalanced" lower performanced engine because of reasons the car was too fast or too good.
    What I didn't understand is why it wasn't too strong for the first 6 years of the game. Now all of the sudden all of these weapons are op and had to be changed.

Not exactly a good comparison considering your cars speed does not impact other people unless you are in a car race, which in official races are all the same car models so that no car performs better than the others and it's down to the drivers.

Its stats were set excessively high in comparison to the price. As I explained in the initial thread, the stats the BAR had were actually based on its initial pricing which was 250k not 200k. The price was reduced because players complained it was too high, although the stats weren't changed.
    As stats are largely based off of the guns price, it technically meant the 200k gun you paid for, had better stats than what you bought it for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasonForEc View Post
    When yoou thought you mastered m4 but blitz comes in and says its (for nubs)spammy :dd
    Sorry . M4 isn't really a spammy gun, it's just really easy to use. The freeze/ firerate combination means you don't really need to have the best tap firing timing to fire it at its fullest firerate when compared to guns like the semi GM4, BAR and P2K where firing at the guns full speeds require you to be really precise on your tap fire pattern

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spazz View Post
    I read through all of them like 6 months ago, but I still am not clear on a solid problem for the nerf to fix? Weapon rebalancing just to rebalance weapons? I would understand a weapon rebalancing situation a month or 2 into the game, but 6 years??? I mean if there was a problem, why wasn't it noticed until 6 years into the game, obviously because whatever problem there was, was miniscule. Which at that point, makes me wonder why you would stir up the whole community with a "fix" for a problem so small that nobody noticed there was one. I don't believe this argument will get anywhere anyway, and it's probably not even in the right section, but ya Spazz over and out.

- - - Updated - - -

What I didn't understand is why it wasn't too strong for the first 6 years of the game. Now all of the sudden all of these weapons are op and had to be changed.
    Well then read the threads again because there was a paragraph/ sentence for every gun that was nerfed with the exact reason of why it was happening, in addition to the thread info itself.

The guns weren't all of a sudden OP, they were always OP. The main guns that were nerfed were given their stats by other people (p2k, bar and gm4, chemgun). It wasn't changed earlier because a lot of the previous people were too afraid because of the player backlash they would receive which was irrelevant to me as I don't work on this game for my 'virtual image'. Those main guns shouldn't have been given the stats they had in the first place as they were unreasonably good (better in multiple stat variables when they only needed to be better in 1-2 to be worth their price)

The reality is, most staff just want to be liked by as many players as possible. Nerfing the top guns would mean a large majority of players would attack them for doing that which would hurt their image. BAR was always OP just nobody was willing to make any direct change to it for the reason stated above.
    I made the change because I knew in the long run it would benefit the gameplay as a whole and not just for the individual. And so far it has, as it has led to more diversity in gun choices, even if by just a little it is still more significant. And gameplay itself allows for players who take the time to be good at dodging to do well with cheaper guns as opposed to almost being forced to buy the best guns just to ensure they weren't severely disadvantaged which is what I set out to achieve in the reabalance. - lowering the P2W aspect of the game to make it more accessible for players who aren't required to pay $50/ spend 3 months digging just to have a chance in participating in spar/ basing