Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bar sucks now

" to do well with cheaper guns as opposed to almost being forced to buy the best guns just to ensure they weren't severely disadvantaged which is what I set out to achieve in the reabalance."

It seems like your thought on rebalancing is having all the guns obtain fair stats so they can go up against other more expensive guns, that way the other person won't have an advantage when buying the most expensive guns.

Apologize, but isn't that the purpose of buying an expensive gun? I don't expect a PDW to go up against a BAR when the BAR is double the PDW's price; therefore exceeding its stats. Funny, I bought a BAR recently thinking it was a very good gun and saying to myself "Oh, might aswell get this since I know it won't be nerfed. Held up for 6 years after all without one ".
    Oh boy, was I wrong.

Good thing I just sit at trade-tables all day. Can't say the same for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNeck View Post
    " to do well with cheaper guns as opposed to almost being forced to buy the best guns just to ensure they weren't severely disadvantaged which is what I set out to achieve in the reabalance."

It seems like your thought on rebalancing is having all the guns obtain fair stats so they can go up against other more expensive guns, that way the other person won't have an advantage when buying the most expensive guns.

Apologize, but isn't that the purpose of buying an expensive gun? I don't expect a PDW to go up against a BAR when the BAR is double the PDW's price; therefore exceeding its stats. Funny, I bought a BAR recently thinking it was a very good gun and saying to myself "Oh, might aswell get this since I know it won't be nerfed. Held up for 6 years after all without one ".
    Oh boy, was I wrong.

Good thing I just sit at trade-tables all day. Can't say the same for everyone else.
    Don't think you read what I said in its entirity.

Guns that cost more are still better, therefore they still give you an advantage just not to the extreme extent as before.

You said yourself you've only just come back to the game which means you probably haven't even tried to adjust to the new BAR stats/ even got used to the way it works now and have just been trying to use it as you used to. Eg hold fire, move up and down and let the 10 damage fast firerate do all the work

I think BAR is ok, not horrible

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Its stats were set excessively high in comparison to the price. As I explained in the initial thread, the stats the BAR had were actually based on its initial pricing which was 250k not 200k. The price was reduced because players complained it was too high, although the stats weren't changed.
    As stats are largely based off of the guns price, it technically meant the 200k gun you paid for, had better stats than what you bought it for.

- - - Updated - - -

But thats you fault, dont realease something before all the specs are worked out. Its not our fault you rushed it and didnt change the stats for the original price

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Don't think you read what I said in its entirity.

Guns that cost more are still better, therefore they still give you an advantage just not to the extreme extent as before.

You said yourself you've only just come back to the game which means you probably haven't even tried to adjust to the new BAR stats/ even got used to the way it works now and have just been trying to use it as you used to. Eg hold fire, move up and down and let the 10 damage fast firerate do all the work
    I stated that I bought the BAR because I believed it was a very good gun even though it was priced at a drastic 200k. I also stated that one of the reasons I purchased it was simply because I myself thought it wouldn't be nerfed seeing how it was fine for 6 years.

If you've rushed it and went back to balancing it after 6 years there should be a price reduction, even after it was supposely made overpowered for its price point. And all the complaints were probably from people who either didn't possess it or was being killed constantly by it.

In the future, I wouldn't want to purchase an expensive gun that I either spent real money on, or have dugged for weeks to get just for a dev to come and nerf it after I purchased it for what it was and not purchased it for what it will be after the nerf. Simply unfair. Hope all the guns in the future will be overlooked and correctly configured to its proper stats. This just shows how good Era developers are at their job.

I believe we are overlooking the fact that this is just a game, and we are just playing it to have fun. I mean sure, some of us want to be the best and most skilled players so we can beat a Bar with a pdw, because we've been practicing for a long time. However, others of us just want to have fun, and we don't necessarily care about "skill" and focusing only on being the best. I believe that's the direction the game has been going the past few years, which is why most players when asked their favorite year would not say 2016 or 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazz View Post
    I believe we are overlooking the fact that this is just a game, and we are just playing it to have fun. I mean sure, some of us want to be the best and most skilled players so we can beat a Bar with a pdw, because we've been practicing for a long time. However, others of us just want to have fun, and we don't necessarily care about "skill" and focusing only on being the best. I believe that's the direction the game has been going the past few years, which is why most players when asked their favorite year would not say 2016 or 2017.
    I agree with this.

The BAR really isn't that bad, y'all just gotta learn how to use it and not rely on the spam capabilities like pbp users

Bitzsam way to kill a game, it takes one bad guns admin to destroy a community. He did massive gun edits on zone, then sat on his high chair at start, sooo many people quit that day... Bitzsam go get wrekt

If you probably dont know how to use a NERF gun, THEN quit Era, i dont really care about these nerfs, its necessary to balance a whole gun because they too op, its a strategy gun that you need to find you suitable tap patterns just like m4.