Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My mom is sick but won't go to the hospital!

Big Cheese Sottocapo

My mom is sick but won't go to the hospital!

Okay, so my mom has been sick all of this year and she's had EEGs which have shown seizure activity and she had an MRI which was abnormal (the doctor wouldn't go into detail), and she keeps having big seizures where she's choking on her own saliva, and she can barely breathe, but she refuses to be admitted to the hospital! Please help I'm afraid my family and I will find her dead one of these days. I want her to be in the hospital so they can monitor her breathing and stuff and hopefully put her on an anti-seizure medication. How can we convince her to go?

Please don't close this thread :'(

Player Relations
    I'm sorry to hear that..
    Well, it's really hard to help without knowing the background story, but you could try asking about her reasons behind not going to the hospital and maybe let her know that you're going to be with her throughout the process , that should definitely make her feel more comfortable .
    Keep us updated and hopefully she'll get better!
    Ask me any era-related question(s)
    I'd be glad to answer

IGN:KvN

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by KvNEraa View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that..
    Well, it's really hard to help without knowing the background story, but you could try asking about her reasons behind not going to the hospital and maybe let her know that you're going to be with her throughout the process , that should definitely make her feel more comfortable .
    Keep us updated and hopefully she'll get better!
    Thanks. She said that she doesn't wanna go to the hospital because they'll be mean to her (she used to be on narcotics for chronic back pain which she had surgery for as a teen, but the surgery went wrong and caused nerve damage, and the doctors thought she was a druggie ). And also, whatever is wrong with her brain, has caused her to have psychotic symptoms (hallucinations, delusions) and last time she was at the hospital, she was put in a psychiatric ward for over a week. She has had two psychotic breaks in the past year and at first, the doctors thought it was psychological, but her brain scans showed otherwise. She's not currently having delusions/hallucinations and hasn't for months, which is good.

Another reason that she says she can't go to the hospital, is cuz I have a severely disabled sister and her excuse is "I have to watch her". But I already told her that I would watch my sister if she goes to the hospital. It's just so frustrating.

Use phrases like "I know you don't don't going to the hospital, but.." or "I know you're stressing about going to the hospital, but..."

Confront her

Why doesn't she want to go? What are here reasons?

If she's worried about you sister
    Just say, "I know you want to take of my sister, but you need to go to the hospital. I'll watch watch over her until you come back. It'll only take the you an hour to complete a check-up, what could possible go wrong in just one tiny hour? "

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Use phrases like "I know you don't don't going to the hospital, but.." or "I know you're stressing about going to the hospital, but..."

Confront her

Why doesn't she want to go? What are here reasons?

If she's worried about you sister
    Just say, "I know you want to take of my sister, but you need to go to the hospital. I'll watch watch over her until you come back. It'll only take the you an hour to complete a check-up, what could possible go wrong in just one tiny hour? "
    Like, it's not the check-up thingy I want her to do. I want her to be admitted to the hospital, which will probably be for at least a week. And thank you for your advice, Ali. I'll try it.

Anytime
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Sounds like a type of epilepsy which is likely caused by the back surgery she had when she was younger. People that have frequent seizures should have regular medications they take daily and should check in with a professional every few months to monitor nerve activity and the seizures. I myself would be worried if she is currently not on any medication and my advice would to have an appointement with a neurologist so she can be prescribed, no need to be admitted into a hospital unless at some point it gets really serious to where she needs to be under 24 hour care. Hope everything goes well.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    Sounds like a type of epilepsy which is likely caused by the back surgery she had when she was younger. People that have frequent seizures should have regular medications they take daily and should check in with a professional every few months to monitor nerve activity and the seizures. I myself would be worried if she is currently not on any medication and my advice would to have an appointement with a neurologist so she can be prescribed, no need to be admitted into a hospital unless at some point it gets really serious to where she needs to be under 24 hour care. Hope everything goes well.
    She has seen a neurologist but he hasn't prescribed her any meds. He just keeps waiting and waiting, and my mom said that she's called the neurologist's office a lot, but she's been forgetting a lot of stuff, so we don't even know if she's been calling or not The neurologist up until the MRI legitimately thought that it was just a psychological problem, but then he saw the MRI and did blood work and he said that both were abnormal, but he still hasn't done anything for her! It sucks so much watching her get worse and worse every day, and having nothing done! Again, I'm afraid that she'll die one night, cuz no one will see her seizure!

Also, her MRI showed abnormalities, which could indicate Multple Sclerosis (an autoimmune disease of the brain/spinal cord), or possibly even cancer! I really hope that she doesn't have either of these problems, and that medication can fix her problem, but I doubt that it will :'(

I believe that due to her choking on her saliva during seizures, that she be monitored in a hospital 24/7.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    She went to the hospital today but they didn't admit her. But due to the swelling of her body, the doctor in the ER believes that there's something wrong with one of her organs

Okay.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!