Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Balancing Basing for New Gangs (IMPORTANT)

Balancing Basing for New Gangs (IMPORTANT)

This thread is an idea to a suggestion that Newb123 made in General Era Discussions about how it is unfair for new gangs in basing because all the pro gangs have an unfair advantage.

I know ur first impression of this would be a bad idea but i think this could really work.

My idea involves limiting bases (if necessary add more) to certain base hours so only certain gangs can raid certain bases, Here’s how it works:

Example: Tachi Zone maximum 1000 base hours. This means any gangs over 1000 base hours cannot base in Tachi and have to refer to the base that only they can base in e.g. Neo Zoe and Gangster Zone. This would increase competition between ‘pro’ gangs and the best ones would hold the bases, and for the new gangs the competition would be between each other and not competing against gangs they have no chance against.

Example 2: Blackholst Zone maximum 500 base hours. New gangs have to compete against other new gangs and therefore keeping bases lively and competitive.

Example 3: Neo Zone Maximum 50000 hours, minimum 10000 hours. This ensures the pro gangs MUST fight against each other in order to claim a base, this will really make bases more lively and increase competition which therefore makes Era more fun to play.

Obviously my examples are not the best, so ofcourse the devs are responsible for balancing the bases out etc. and i hope my idea is carefully reviewed because i think it is a good idea.

My Opinions on,

Benefits of adding this:

-Increases competition in bases, leading to more fun.
    -Balances out competition, giving new gangs a chance and therefore not quitting due to unfair competition.
    -Basing would be more lively, rather than having an empty base except for the base holders.

Disadvantages of adding this:

-Pro gangs will have to base in 2-3 bases maximum.
    -If for some reason a certain gang prefers another base for its looks or whatever reason, they might not be able to enter it.

BTW, special events (not forts) can be added to certain bases, e.g., whoever gets the most basing hours in the next week in Blazianbandits zone will receive a reward.

Leave ur opinions below.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is probably one of the better ideas that have been suggested.

I think the principle of separating the higher tier gangs (10k hours+) is a good idea, and I have pitched my own idea to the rest of the developers for that which i'll share if there's a possibility of it happening.

The issue I still have is with the rest of the newer gangs, at a way of preventing a new set of gangs from just copying what the higher tier gangs had done. Separating the bases into hours for the new gangs I don't really see working as

- it would limit the basing freedom of those new gangs being confined to 2-3 bases for several 1000 hours
    - eventually gangs would bottleneck where you'd have the majority of 'new' gangs stuck in the same hour range so you'd have like 10+ gangs fighting for 2-3 bases and that'd just be too much competition.

So basically- the 10,000+ hour gang separation could work and is a possible thing. However there would have to be something else added for the rest of the gangs that changed how basing worked to prevent alliances from becoming a thing again that wasn't gang hour segregation

I like raiding pro gangs with noob gangs for fun though

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Ninja[Thatboy]Zayzay_G6 Add me on era

noob
    finally someone agrees with me. But the reason I don't like this idea anymore is because gangs Like Obsidian are very powerful , they rec up to 80+ people in gang wars ~.~ , so if it's that easily for them to get helpers they can just make another gang starting with 0:00 time and gain hours easily. Like dukes gang "Zamboomafoo" was just a war tag and they gained 20+ hours easily off of Embro

Can't the admins just disband those you already have 1k hours and over.

Example:

A gang called _________ has already gotten 10k hours and when this idea is released somehow they will make a new gang and take over _________. The higher ups can disband for whoever does this by proof and evidence

Because this idea is the best idea for separating all the gangs.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by Newb123 View Post
    finally someone agrees with me. But the reason I don't like this idea anymore is because gangs Like Obsidian are very powerful , they rec up to 80+ people in gang wars ~.~ , so if it's that easily for them to get helpers they can just make another gang starting with 0:00 time and gain hours easily. Like dukes gang "Zamboomafoo" was just a war tag and they gained 20+ hours easily off of Embro
    Sad to say, but I know I would do that. I mean come on who wouldn't want to team up under a new gang and pk a bunch of "noob" gangs. Probably most everybody if they were being honest. The idea is good if it can somehow limit that part of it. I would also suggest not making it base specific, but allowing everybody at any base, however, when you "enter" the base you get separated into hour specific levels. That way you wouldn't be limited to basing at only 1 or 2 bases, which would get quite boring.

Stronger gangs will take advantage and it will only cause wars when gangs have to move out of their base

Big gangs making small gangs won't be a problem. Gangs aren't basing just because- they're basing for hours for the main tag to get gang rewards. What's the point of them making a new tag, to base in the under 1k bases if doing that isn't going to earn them any hours since the new tag won't have any to start with

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Big gangs making small gangs won't be a problem. Gangs aren't basing just because- they're basing for hours for the main tag to get gang rewards. What's the point of them making a new tag, to base in the under 1k bases if doing that isn't going to earn them any hours since the new tag won't have any to start with
    Even so i can name i think 2 times one of the controlling gangs did that
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback

Have you thought about this possibility? How if a base 10k-15k hours bases is not occupied because there isn't a gang at the range of hours?