Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the staff?

Banned
    So a lot of staff, such as myself, are starting to get really busy with exams and projects as this semester winds down to a close. While you may see staff online, they are trying to do their respective jobs so as to not get fired or anything. For example, since I now have limited time to be on my staff account a day, I try to work in that time, rather than doing an optional thing like hosting events. Just need to remember that the actual job is more of a priority to staff members than optional things like events.

Also, I’m pretty sure a lot of y’all are exaggerating the infrequency of events recently. I believe I saw at least 3 or 4 staff members hosting on Saturday, not including when I hosted. I guess it just depends what times you’re online. Don’t worry though, once schedules clear up, events will probably be hosted more frequently.

I think there are plenty of PR's in era.

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    So a lot of staff, such as myself, are starting to get really busy with exams and projects as this semester winds down to a close. While you may see staff online, they are trying to do their respective jobs so as to not get fired or anything. For example, since I now have limited time to be on my staff account a day, I try to work in that time, rather than doing an optional thing like hosting events. Just need to remember that the actual job is more of a priority to staff members than optional things like events.

Also, I’m pretty sure a lot of y’all are exaggerating the infrequency of events recently. I believe I saw at least 3 or 4 staff members hosting on Saturday, not including when I hosted. I guess it just depends what times you’re online. Don’t worry though, once schedules clear up, events will probably be hosted more frequently.
    Ok, I understand, but this has been going on for a while. I'm also in a kik group that never misses events, so I know who hosts when. Sunday was the day I decided to write, because Tristan was the only host in that 24 hour period. I assume just like you that it should get better if it's only because of exams and such. However, I also looked at the player relations list, and noticed that most of them have never hosted before, and some of them have been staff for quite a while. I don't know if it's personal issues with events or the annoying spam/hate they get from events, but I would trust that they would be mature enough to handle it, and not just give up on it as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazz View Post
    Ok, I understand, but this has been going on for a while. I'm also in a kik group that never misses events, so I know who hosts when. Sunday was the day I decided to write, because Tristan was the only host in that 24 hour period. I assume just like you that it should get better if it's only because of exams and such. However, I also looked at the player relations list, and noticed that most of them have never hosted before, and some of them have been staff for quite a while. I don't know if it's personal issues with events or the annoying spam/hate they get from events, but I would trust that they would be mature enough to handle it, and not just give up on it as a whole.
    Some people just don't like hosting due to anxiety. There's no where in the rule book that states whether or not you are obligated to host.
    I'm probably sounding like a zany rant right now but seriously, staff don't like your complaints and well this thread is showing it
    Not giving up. mistakes happen, Miracles shine upon us.
    If you have an issue regarding Graal Era PM a staff member or submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grantman20 View Post
    Some people just don't like hosting due to anxiety. There's no where in the rule book that states whether or not you are obligated to host.
    I'm probably sounding like a zany rant right now but seriously, staff don't like your complaints and well this thread is showing it
    Read my initial thread, I am not complaining, I am asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazz View Post
    Read my initial thread, I am not complaining, I am asking questions.
    Oh of course however his thread is slowly derailing into a complaint thread
    Not giving up. mistakes happen, Miracles shine upon us.
    If you have an issue regarding Graal Era PM a staff member or submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grantman20 View Post
    Oh of course however his thread is slowly derailing into a complaint thread
    Well, if anybody got that feeling I apologize. That was never my intention when I wrote what I wrote. I simply wanted to know what was up with the noticeable decrease of events. There is a fine line between sounding like a complainer, and simply drawing attention to something.

With all due respect Spazz, Event Coins are supposed to be hard and rare to find
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    With all due respect Spazz, Event Coins are supposed to be hard and rare to find
    That's a totally different topic, but I agree. What I said was events were being hosted 5-6 times a day average, but just recently in the past month or so they have dropped drastically, and just this past week averaged 1-2 hosts per day. I wanted to know what/if there was a reason behind that.

The question he wants to be answered is:

Why are admins rarely hosting events anymore?

-------------
    I think admins should host 3 times a day. One in the morning. One in the afternoon. One at night

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!