Thread: Bring back old gun skins

Bring back old gun skins

I don't understand as to why the original look of pbp, tec9 and sten aren't available as skins. The new ones in my opinion are terrible compared to the old ones. They just looked so much more nicer.

The old black rafor skin is way better then the current one imo

I disagree, the old skins needed to be revamped, the new ones are not terrible, not at all. People were bored of old skins and requested new ones, now ur requesting the old ones back? i understand u might want to the old skin available but i strongly disagree that the new ones are terrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hamodylatarikh View Post
    I disagree, the old skins needed to be revamped, the new ones are not terrible, not at all. People were bored of old skins and requested new ones, now ur requesting the old ones back? i understand u might want to the old skin available but i strongly disagree that the new ones are terrible

You haven’t seen rafor lol

Quote Originally Posted by hamodylatarikh View Post
    I disagree, the old skins needed to be revamped, the new ones are not terrible, not at all. People were bored of old skins and requested new ones, now ur requesting the old ones back? i understand u might want to the old skin available but i strongly disagree that the new ones are terrible.

Who the hell asked to revamp skins

I know some players get bored of skins but the old skins couldn't be removed.

You've basically already said the reason, they're 'old' skins. Not just old for iera standards either, most of the graphics that were changed were from pc era, and were already years old before iera even came out. It's fine to like how they looked because it was what you used to, but from a graphic standpoint their shape/ shading was very outdated compared to the newer graphics/ guns being made.

Aside from that reason, and from wanting to create continuity with the weapon styles, I wanted to distance iera from era pc by removing the graphics from era pc as they technically weren't even made for iera, just transferred over because at the time era didn't really have any gfx capable of making gun graphics. Which is why almost all of the guns originally released for era in the first few years were all taken from era pc, not original graphics made by an iera staff.

Eg- pretty much every gun released up until the KSG shotgun was from era pc, which ironically was actually the first gun I had added to the server before I was staff.
    The only staff who have made guns (shop guns) specifically for iera I can think of besides myself is olirus, g187, bas and street. And none of us were even hired until a few years after ieras release

I get as to why the original gun look when you first buy it was updated even more so now from what you just said Bitz. Its just the classic look of weapons I think should just be a skin you can get on the side just like Bar. Its sad to see such nice looking weapons leave.