Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bar owners need refund option

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Reducing the price isn't a reasonable expectation considering everyone else who bought it for the full price would feel entitled to having the amount it was reduced by refunded to them. The price dictates the weapons hierarchy, even if it's by a little amount, it's still better, therefore worth more. Every weapon would have to be repriced if this was even a possibility to happen, and that just isn't going to happen as the game is primarily a business
    I mean, from my compromise I suggested, the guns before nerf will be sold to the players at the old price and their guns stats will not change. After the nerf, guns bought from that day on will be sold at a lower price - and of course its stats will be different from the gun before it was nerfed.

I am not saying that after nerfing all guns of one type that the price is lowered. This will definitely cause players to demand a refund for the excess they paid when they bought it.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by chant View Post
    The BAR was supposed to be the most effective store bought gun in the game as bitzsam said, and it still is to an a extent, a very small extent. It isn’t worth the 150k more than an m4 is anymore is all. Most guns under 100k can easily compete with a bar now, defeating the point of buying it for so much more for such little improvement.
    Sorry, you contradict yourself.

The BAR, while subjective, is still the “most effective” store-bought gun. But it’s no longer the obvious weapon of choice in every single encounter, and that’s something all players should appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    & rightly so my friend.
    Back then the stats were reflective of their price.

Right now they are not.

They are still better just not to the extent at which they are currently priced at.

- - - Updated - - -

Heres the drift I'm getting from Bitzsam.

Back then the prices were reflective of their stats.

This was before Bitzsam was the Gun Admin.

After Bitzsam became the Gun Admin he thought this was a bad idea.

He figured that maybe the reason people aren't basing, sparring & pking is because they can't afford to buy guns good enough to compete.

Therefore, he decided to nerf all the Top guns.

& Even though he would love to refund people their money he can't because Graal doesn't do refunds.

He thought having weapons priced at $200k was a mistake to begin with but theres nothing he can do about that.

So, the only thing he can do is maintain their hierarchy because he can't give refunds.
    Actually, the valuation of guns are not just because of its stats. The demand for it plays a big part than its stats. You ask that there is no way a certain statistics can be worth a certain price and this valuation may be subjective. Its true, to some extent it is subjective that a gun has to cost this certain amount.

But the other factor is that the gun is highly sought after and Era cannot possibly have everyone owning a BAR gun easily since it has seemingly good stats. So a solution to moderate this is to set it at a high price. Its demand that also determine the gun's worth.

Thats why in auctions the items sold can cost up to millions, because these items are in high demand and only the richest will be able to afford them. Same for the bar gun. You were right that the prices were not totally reflective of the stats - because the demand plays a part in its pricing as well, not just stats.

Bitzsam was reasonable to nerf the guns, but the prices of the guns ought not to remain the same, in my view. Perhaps lowering the nerfed bar prices such that it is lower than 200k but slightly higher than the next best gun would help (as is suggested in my compromise).
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Actually, the valuation of guns are not just because of its stats. The demand for it plays a big part than its stats. You ask that there is no way a certain statistics can be worth a certain price and this valuation may be subjective. Its true, to some extent it is subjective that a gun has to cost this certain amount.

But the other factor is that the gun is highly sought after and Era cannot possibly have everyone owning a BAR gun easily since it has seemingly good stats. So a solution to moderate this is to set it at a high price. Its demand that also determine the gun's worth.

Thats why in auctions the items sold can cost up to millions, because these items are in high demand and only the richest will be able to afford them. Same for the bar gun. You were right that the prices were not totally reflective of the stats - because the demand plays a part in its pricing as well, not just stats.

Bitzsam was reasonable to nerf the guns, but the prices of the guns ought not to remain the same, in my view. Perhaps lowering the nerfed bar prices such that it is lower than 200k but slightly higher than the next best gun would help (as is suggested in my compromise).
    The next 'best gun' is 13k less than the bar, hardly seems worth the disrupt to lower the BARs price by 10k, especially when it could be argued that BARs increased availability of skins, and access to PK rewards skins which is exclusive to only a handful of guns would be worth that 13k difference anyway, despite the better stats

Newcomer
    How about adding something on bar, like a knife or u can put it in your back? or making it rare since its old?

Quote Originally Posted by Romejhon View Post
    How about adding something on bar, like a knife or u can put it in your back? or making it rare since its old?
    You can't make it rare anymore, to many people have it already. More then half of the community has it.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Newcomer
    But players would appreciate it more if someone removed it from the shop. U know, people will only appreciate the importance of a thing when its gone.

ProfessionalCloutChaser ReVenge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Romejhon View Post
    But players would appreciate it more if someone removed it from the shop. U know, people will only appreciate the importance of a thing when its gone.
    That'll only get anyone who doesn't have a bar mad

Newcomer
    Its better for em to buy it now, cause most of the players says that *Dont buy bar, its pre. S*** now.*.

ProfessionalCloutChaser ReVenge's Avatar
    how will that hurt anyone? It certainly isn't hurting administration.