Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Quote Originally Posted by VertuCA View Post
    Well I've asked Bitzsam before about the slime mode being unbanned, since his only concern was the explosive bullets being "abusive" and slime mode was pretty much harmless. He replied as he could unban slime for that reason. but that would make people think he changed his mind about chem being banned.
    Mmm true. He doesn't want people to think he regrets. But it's ok

Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Highly encourage you to fully read all the points before you comment

Over the years the basing system has devolved from being a competitive environment to somewhere that facilitates creating alliances that allow for the current dominant gangs to hold multiple bases, often uncontested from any real attackers that have a chance of holding that base by themselves if they manage to take it.

Bases can literally 'AFK' hours in long instances where their held bases are completely empty of any attackers or competition. This has ultimately depleted the motivation for any new gangs to try enter the basing scene without the help of some alliance.

We have seen complaints about the current system recently, and over the years both ingame and on forums. There have been multiple discussions on what can be done about it, and a recent staff discussion has led to a possible solution that aims to:
    - INCREASE BASING COMPETITION
    - REMOVE ALLIANCES
    - REIGNITE THE BASING SCENE

The idea is as follows;

- Gangs will be separated into two categories. Gangs WITH over 10,000 basing hours and gangs that have under 10,000 basing hours.
    - Gangs that have over 10,000 base hours will be locked out of the current existing bases. This means if you are on the gang tag of a gang with over 10,000 hours, you will not be able to enter the base/ take the flag.
    - Gangs with under 10,000 base hours will continue to be able to take the existing bases as usual.

FOR GANGS WITH OVER 10,000 BASE HOURS
    - You will now have to base in a Gang Fortress
    - The Gang Fortress will be a new base added to the game, that consists of 3 separate flags within a single giant base (effectively 3 gang bases housed into one area).
    - The flags can be captured by up to 3 different gangs. (so effectively 3 gangs can be earning hours at once).
    - Only members on a gang tag over 10,000 gang hours will be able to enter the base. No gang allies, no Offtag members.
    - Each of the 3 base areas will be different, and every 4 months the 3 bases will be completely changed into a set of 3 completely new base layouts. This will happen a total of 3 times over a 1 year period. This means you will effectively have 9 different bases put on a rotation of 3 bases at a time so that you don't get bored of the same area for extended periods of time.

FOR THE EXISTING GANG BASES
    - Door and Vault (flag) HP values will be INCREASED. Meaning it will take more damage to destroy a door/ take a base.
    - A possible change down the line is that the gang hour earn rate for a gang holding 2 bases is halved in the second base. (so instead of earning 2x hours from holding 2 bases you will only earn 1.5)

FOR BOTH CATEGORIES (under and over 10k base hours)

- A seasonal gang point system will be added. The season will be every 3 months.
    - Every 3 months, the top 5 gangs with the most hours earnt in that 3 month period will earn gang points depending on their position. (this is separate for gangs within the 10,000 and under 10,000 base hour category- so top 5 in under 10k hours and top 5 in the base fortress over 10k).
    - The gang points can be saved up and then spent by the gang leader on new gang rewards that are based around cosmetics. (eg a gang flag, gang themed furniture, gang vehicles etc are just beginner ideas).
    - After 3 months the scores will reset and gangs will have to compete for the top 5 earnt hours again.
    - These gang points have no pre-requisite (meaning a gang starting at 0 hours could base for 3 months, be in the top 5 and earn gang points they can spend).
    - gang ally protection will be removed. You will still be able to have up to 5 gang allies, but you will no longer not take damage from allies inside bases- anyone not on your current gang tag can be hurt/ killed.
    - Removing the ability to run through gang doors when you hold the base, you must grab the door/ door button first to open it
    - Possible additional change is slightly increasing the cooldown when healing with foods/ medkits when inside bases.

Current reward system
    - In regards to the current gang hour rewards, all rewards above 35,000 gang hours that are currently ingame will be removed, essentially capping gang rewards at 35k.
    - The gang hideout gang hour requirement will also be increased from its current value to roughly 12.5k base hours and replaced with something like more gang hats. (what to replace it with hasn't really been decided yet).

That's it for the changes really.
    The hope is that the Base Fortress will become a competitive war environment where gangs above 10,000 base hours are forced to fight each other to earn hours due to the limited amount of bases up for grabs. This will significantly decrease the ability to form alliances, and remove the ability to 'afk' base hours uncontested.
    Will also free up basing for newer gangs to essentially have a fresh start at basing, and increase the overall basing competition from there being more active gangs due to the gang point incentive to consistently base, as those rewards are essentially free to any gang and not locked behind hour requirements.

The staff discussion was pretty large so hopefully I didn't miss anything, i'll try answer some questions about it- just not anything already listed in the thread.

NOTE
    These changes are pretty extensive and will take a while to implement (have to make 3-6 new bases for the gang fortress to have the 3 ready for release with 3 on hold for the next rotation, in addition to the gang point sytem).
    As a result there is no set time frame on when these changes will happen aside from it being made a priority hopefully starting on the base levels as soon as possible.

Regarding gangs already at the required hours waiting for their gang hideout- as long as you can have your hideout finished, and you had 4k hours at the time of the change then you can still get the reward added
    Then increase the amount of players that are allowed to get gang hats for gang hat rewards please. Increase it from 6 members to 25 members if your doing this. It's only fair for us who wish we could have 12 leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyas2000 View Post
    Then increase the amount of players that are allowed to get gang hats for gang hat rewards please. Increase it from 6 members to 25 members if your doing this. It's only fair for us who wish we could have 12 leads.
    Lol. It's currently 7 hats not 6. & don't you think 25 hat for just 2k hours is a bit too extreme?

Spoiler
    liberalism is a mental disorder

I think I have a seriously good idea that would fix basing permanently. Just hear me out. The gang rewards system now that is based on hours needs to be removed, it needs to be changed to something else. Change it to pk rewards instead...let me explain. Every kill a player gets while on-tag goes towards that gangs "total pks," however, the pks only count toward that if the gang is holding the base at the time of the kill. You could use the exact same rewards (hats, melee, etc.) with the same relative level of difficulty to get them as the old system had. This new way would solve literally every problem with the current system, just think about it. Plus it's so simple! Sometimes to create something new, the old thing needs to be torn down completely...basing shouldn't be revolved around hours anyway, it should be revolved around kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Aku View Post
    Sorry but dont talk about the beam pls ^^.

the beam is actually the most useless weapon on era.
    I've never seen such a big mistake in balancing the stats of a weapon and I wait for that error to be corrected.
    For real (i dont lie or joking) in 1v1 full life without moving when the beam shooting first in front of a owner of 2 desert eagle... the owner of desert eagle win against the laser ^^ '
    The beam can hit several people at once thats op it self the gun is mainly for showoff and being rare 99% of those who bought beam is to rush base just like chem users did and ended up nerfed and its basically not a mode for 1v1 its a mode u need to know when to use it correctly beside that u have normal gun mode if u want to do 1 v 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tyas2000 View Post
    Talk is easy don?t come up with a suggestion editing one reward and leaving the rest of the rewards if 2k 25 hat what about the 10k etc Dosnt make sense as u get higher the rewards increases

make the bar great again make it 9 damage when rusty and 10 when prefect increase the fire rate a bit { then people might pk again } then worry about base system

Well I see this is "Best Basing System" but, as you see this BIG BASERS will create their new gang to takeover on below 10k hours and as a Raider I don't expect the new Basers will be newbies and I'll just see those Professional ones and how this will be a good fight if there's some Proffessional with PSGs and P2K with their guns ready to kill.

Matter fact after guns balancing came it totally killed the base and those new players who could stand a chance no longer does and i am 100% sure from that and it?s true i have said it before if this happened then big gangs will create new gangs and tho will control it only if guns got there old statics at least inside base only and streets then we would see pking and bases alive again and skill can only be determined in spar so no need to balance the guns outside the spar.

Ok, this is important issue. Recently, war between m2s and obs happens. What i actually notice is that gangs are teaming up to fight each other. With concerns, all gangs are abusing lag expecially obs members. Once they lose base, they abuse lag to kill m2s. You know who you are. But m2s members sometimes lag but obs members doing that like they dont care about rules

With new ally system, gang wont be able to rec up with sub tag. But all I notice is same people keep appearing but in different tag. It is just same person leading multiple gangs.

Weaker gangs getting protection from gangs with high hours. I think it is very neccary to split bases for new gangs and big gangs. So gangs can learn to be indepent.

Sorry for my broken english