Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Well sadly I dont like competing, nor pking, but since thats what era is all about, I dont know what to make of myself.

Tho some not-very competitive things to do in era still exists, "like house decorating, upload making, chatting with friends, roleplaying, and trading" im gonna enjoy my stay thus I still value this game although doing most of the actions I stated above may be done solitary (how I like it), They still need a lot of time to earn graalats, thus their overpriced.

House = 3k Graalats
    Taxi = 4.5k Graalats
    -Graal Era ???-2018

smhhhh, this is not realistic as the game's moto says so...

Not that Im being negative and all since some players who already plays this game proffesionally likes to compete, or likes competition.
    I still love playing this game since it virtually socializes with people.

Goodluck Gangs.
    The only thing dumber than a rock
    is a pebble who thinks hes a boulder.

Banned
    The current problem is that Era's basing system is one of the key defining features of the game, and its severely flawed. A rework is obviously needed, but what's even more important than that is an immediate change that can be put in place as a transition from the current system to the new one when it becomes a finished product. Because at this very moment, these gangs are still abusing the way bases function as much as they can until the changes are implemented. This message goes out to all high staff that are in a position of power to do something. Bitzsam doesn't have to be the only one on the team focusing on this issue. One person shouldering this load on their own is too much for anyone to deal with. And besides that, several people working on a project allows for more flow of ideas. You dont need to do much to band-aid the currently failing system.

If someone is bleeding and needs to be taken to the hospital wouldn't you apply first-aid until they are given treatment? This issue is basically the same thing, don't let the system bleed out before it gets to the hospital.

Well seems like no pr give a fc about this issue. Current basing system is being monopolied. And admins dont care about this anymore. They only know how to make the players profile ugly and inconvenient to see their kills and spar wins.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JD M View Post
    Well seems like no pr give a fc about this issue. Current basing system is being monopolied. And admins dont care about this anymore. They only know how to make the players profile ugly and inconvenient to see their kills and spar wins.
    It isn’t that PRs don’t care, it’s that we have no power to really contribute to this project other than give ideas. Last I heard, sam was the one spearheading this project.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    It isn’t that PRs don’t care, it’s that we have no power to really contribute to this project other than give ideas. Last I heard, sam was the one spearheading this project.
    I can agree with you on this however this isnt some other project to give the game more flavor like Plasma Corp, its a project meant to spearhead a very important issue for one of the fundamental and defining activities in this game. Basing as an activity is bleeding, and bleeding hard. There are problems with this activity that need immediate answers, no one said to contribute to the finalized product that we will eventually have. However that does not mean you let the problem to continue to remain a problem, especially when its one as pronounced as this. You all run this game to some degree on the staff team, not finding a quick band-aid solution to the issue until the project resumes is beyond unacceptable. It's almost like League of Legends for example, when there are serious flaws in the current iteration of the game, the company and patch team immediately works on a hot-fix to stop the problem somewhat until the next patch comes out. The community on graal is continually asking for something to be done, and its as if our voices and concerns mean absolutely nothing. Instead of worrying about what items you guys can make to profit off of us from the damn holiday shop for Halloween why not work on this instead? I guarantee you a quick fix solution could be implemented in a matter of days if you guys REALLY cared about the issue.

P.S. This post wasnt to rag on you personally, I am making this as a general statement.

Look at the map, sir. Only gz, mafia and guerre are not under obsidian influence yet. But I am pretty sure, if something is not be done, they soon belong to obsidian. Very funny to see obsidian taking over bases. I do not mean that obsidian is a bad gang. But the way they doing is ruining the basing system. For example, one gang attacks neo, allies from lethal, bfz and more will come to assist to whack up a gang. How this even allow small gang to grow? This situation happens to a lot of gangs when they war a single gang.

Quote Originally Posted by JD M View Post
    Look at the map, sir. Only gz, mafia and guerre are not under obsidian influence yet. But I am pretty sure, if something is not be done, they soon belong to obsidian. Very funny to see obsidian taking over bases. I do not mean that obsidian is a bad gang. But the way they doing is ruining the basing system. For example, one gang attacks neo, allies from lethal, bfz and more will come to assist to whack up a gang. How this even allow small gang to grow? This situation happens to a lot of gangs when they war a single gang.
    hence why they making the big base with 3 flags for the gangs above 10K
    Admins - - ERA

Is this ever going to be implemented or is this idea just going to be trashed?

If bitzsam is active back. We need him. And please do support him. There were a lot of arguements which stop the progress of this.

Just to give an update on the project.

Nothings really progressed since this post was made.

Yes I came up with the idea, and yes I intended to help out, however I made it pretty clear (at least in our staff conversations about it if I didn't mention it in this post) that whilst I can LAT if it comes to making stores/ buildings, I don't have any experience making base layouts that have a good flow. As this idea is fairly important with regards to end game basing, I never intended to be the one left to do all the levelling for it as it has to be a near perfect base.

I had asked for help/ expressed the idea of how I wanted the fortress to more or less look/ playout however I didn't really have anyone offer out to work on it (Besides Junz who offered to help in the interior decorating) that had enough LAT experience that you could be confident in them making a well designed/ flowing gang base.

So basically, i'm still willing to assist in it, but ultimately i'm not a gang admin/ LAT and I don't have the time or basing experience to be the sole person designing the layout of this base. I'd intended to be more or the decorator, helping out with the theme/ interiors once the base layouts were done by a LAT, and help out with any ideas.

Like Tasim said, considering how much staff discussion went into this idea and whether everyone was on board, I had kind of assumed that I was going to have a lot of people helping me out on it but that didn't turn out to be the case unfortunately as after about a month nobody else on the staff team really brought up the gang fortress despite the fact that I had pushed pretty hard on the point that basing was a key fundamental to Era and it needed to be looked into more than anything else in the game.