Page 37 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Basing System Rework

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JustJoshuaVega; 11-29-2017 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Shut up all of you.
    JustJoshuaLikeABoss

Quote Originally Posted by JYGSHELBY View Post
    You aren't required to appreciate anything :/
    Feel the pain when people selling your effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Feel the pain when people selling your effort.
    I've been a temporary member in multiple gangs knowing I wont get anything out of it besides pks. (We should probably stop derailing the thread though.)
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce View Post
    I said that gangs under 10k are just going to do the samething lol. Makes no sense putting over 10k gangs in one area for under 10k gangs to do the exact samething. It’ll probably work for a few days and after that it’s back to peace gangs and homebasing over on that side. If you want basing back to how it was then nerf the “recruiting and kicking offliners” method and keep the ally protection off so basing isn’t based on who could recruit the longest and most. No small gangs wants to raid a gang that can constanly recruit up 16+ members while they could only recruit that amount every so often.
    ^ I agree, nerf recruitment somehow, this will help fix home basing and focus more on the old days of basing where you base for only one gang.

Banned
    It is because you don't appreciate the rewards. Current system which leads to rewards farming and they literally don't appreciate the rewards. If the rewards are hard to earn, tell me which man will still sell their reward for something called tro which you can earn easily and xmas gifts which you can iTunes? I know even the rewards are hard to earn, you will still sell it because you don't even appreciate your members' effort.
    Sad for obsidian members who worked for 15k and it ends up by selling their effort and they get none of the tro.
    Go lead a gang to 15K, then maybe I will consider your opinion.

Oh man, basing may finally get reworked. I'm glad that there's an attempt to address this because basing has gotten very stale over the years.

First of all, I'm glad that the overall aim is to discourage alliances and ceasefires. These led to the concept of establishing a "home base" and protecting it through diplomatic means. One of the main reasons that everyone can decide to get along is because of base availability. There's so many bases that instead of fighting each other, the best way to get hours for the guild is to push out the weakest gangs on the list, which tend to be the new ones.

What this plan does right is that it attempts to increase competition by limiting the number of bases at the top level through fortresses. There would be little reason to agree upon a diplomatic end if both gangs cannot benefit. I guess that there is the possibility of gangs allying under one tag to share hours generated by one flag. It really depends on the size of the competition, which is hard to gauge at the moment due to uncertainty of interest. By all means, it is possible to just keep hopping tags for hats and simple things on new tags. The current system is exploitable in that way in my belief. Why go though such hard work for the hours above 10k, when you can still get fairly neat rewards by having a home base at the sub-10k level?

I propose two things:

First, make it harder to receive unique rewards by increasing the numbers of hours needed. I'd choose some arbitrary number like 6k hours. To incentivize the journey to 6k, there needs to be really cool, but generic rewards that make people want to take the helm of leadership for the first time. Think of it like the mpx or spar rewards. They're by no means unique to a player, but they're still fairly special for top players.

Secondly, the exclusivity of bases need to be extended all the way down the list. There needs to be more tiers. This is to discourage the home base mentality because there wouldn't be as much available compared to the size of the gang pool. I would propose something along the lines of the following tiers that would have the following number of bases available

0 - 2,000 hours (3 existing)
    500 - 5,000 hours (3 existing)
    4,000 - 10,000 hours (3 existing)
    8,000+ hours (3 new - fortress)

By having overlap of the tiers (500 - 1k hrs; 3k - 5k; 8k - 10k), Gangs can use these periods to either be the big fish in the small pond, dominating the lower tier, or challenge themselves to be part of a new level of competition in the higher tier before being forced to it. The overlap would keep the amount of competition in each base a little healthier, while still keeping fortress a requirement for only 10k+ gangs. Also, when a gang is forced into a higher tier, they would have to spend a good amount of time proving themselves in a limited number of bases, like the 10k tier. Of course, little thought was put into the particular numbers I gave and would need further consideration for balancing.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Go lead a gang to 15K, then maybe I will consider your opinion.
    So far, only YOU selling your gun skin out of 8 gangs including ur gang which own gun skin.#Obsidian35k another skin for sales. 1 month=744 hours, 5k÷744=7 months, you are doubling so 3.5 months. Rip ur rank for working 3.5 months when people can buy skin for 10k tro or 100 xmas gifts. 10k tro will take me nearly 2 weeks to dig. 100 xmas gifts=50 000 gralats, that will take me 3 days for doing pizza. 3 days pizza for a 3.5 months basing.
    Last edited by Trix; 11-29-2017 at 08:26 AM. Reason: wrong word

Banned
    So far, only YOU selling your gun skin out of 8 gangs including ur gang which own gun skin.#Obsidian35k another skin for sales. 1 month=744 hours, 5k÷744=7 months, you are doubling so 3.5 months. Rip ur rank for working 3.5 months when people can buy skin for 10k tro or 100 xmas gifts. 10k tro will take me nearly 2 weeks to dig. 100 xmas gifts=50 000 gralats, that will take me 3 days for doing pizza. 3 days pizza for a 3.5 months basing.
    Guess I'm the genius out of the 8, if you knew the work I did to get Obsidian where it is you wouldn't even be replying, then again explaining that would be a waste of time for you. Go make some more pizzas

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Guess I'm the genius out of the 8, if you knew the work I did to get Obsidian where it is you wouldn't even be replying, then again explaining that would be a waste of time for you. Go make some more pizzas
    Dear Obsidian members, this is what your great leader said. Leave obs while you don't spend too much effort on a skin which is as common as fort knox gun skin. Without your members, I don't think obsidian can be a basing gang but it will be a gang at astro. Find a better leader which doesn't only offer you rewards but also awards you honours.
    Why are you keep talking about the history? If a gang ends obsidian tomorrow, obsidian will be a history. Who tf likes history?
    You dont treat your members well, duke.
    Currently we are talking about new basing system. Something has to be done to fix this issue. Leaving this undone like you wish? If current basing system stays until 2020, I think era all 10 bases will be only taken one single gang. No one can tell other ideas which can fix current basing system because making new basing system is the only way to revive basing.

- - - Updated - - -

All the coming gangs have chance to base fairly. Who said it is easy for them to hold a base? They have their own competition against the other new gangs. The major gangs are worried because this new basing system gonna push them to compete with other gangs. Why are you even worry about this system? Worry about getting kicked at the ***? If you are a strong gang, you shouldn't even worry. The weak gang will be kicked out. Weak gangs getting a base under current basing system because they have a stronger gang to be their cushion when they fall. This is equal to reward farming. You are rejecting this new basing system because it affects u. But if you are a strong gang, you shouldn't be afraid of these changes.

This new system can avoid big gangs from helping small gangs. You are also complaining because big gang vs big gang, the competition obviously is higher compared to small gang vs small gang. But is it a fair 1v1? Current system causes big gang vs small gang competition. Has your mom tell you to join WWE when you are learning how to climb? (If you are abandoned by your mom, that is other cases.) Now just let the small gangs join their cooking competition and learn how to use cooking knife to kill people b4 they grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacci View Post
    Oh man, basing may finally get reworked. I'm glad that there's an attempt to address this because basing has gotten very stale over the years. (Something much more manageable as all the bases will be internalised in one building, rather than having to do the same thing if hour brackets were added, having to make 4 additional bases, physically located on the map equating to only 1 additional base for each bracket).

First of all, I'm glad that the overall aim is to discourage alliances and ceasefires. These led to the concept of establishing a "home base" and protecting it through diplomatic means. One of the main reasons that everyone can decide to get along is because of base availability. There's so many bases that instead of fighting each other, the best way to get hours for the guild is to push out the weakest gangs on the list, which tend to be the new ones.

What this plan does right is that it attempts to increase competition by limiting the number of bases at the top level through fortresses. There would be little reason to agree upon a diplomatic end if both gangs cannot benefit. I guess that there is the possibility of gangs allying under one tag to share hours generated by one flag. It really depends on the size of the competition, which is hard to gauge at the moment due to uncertainty of interest. By all means, it is possible to just keep hopping tags for hats and simple things on new tags. The current system is exploitable in that way in my belief. Why go though such hard work for the hours above 10k, when you can still get fairly neat rewards by having a home base at the sub-10k level?

I propose two things:

First, make it harder to receive unique rewards by increasing the numbers of hours needed. I'd choose some arbitrary number like 6k hours. To incentivize the journey to 6k, there needs to be really cool, but generic rewards that make people want to take the helm of leadership for the first time. Think of it like the mpx or spar rewards. They're by no means unique to a player, but they're still fairly special for top players.

Secondly, the exclusivity of bases need to be extended all the way down the list. There needs to be more tiers. This is to discourage the home base mentality because there wouldn't be as much available compared to the size of the gang pool. I would propose something along the lines of the following tiers that would have the following number of bases available

0 - 2,000 hours (3 existing)
    500 - 5,000 hours (3 existing)
    4,000 - 10,000 hours (3 existing)
    8,000+ hours (3 new - fortress)

By having overlap of the tiers (500 - 1k hrs; 3k - 5k; 8k - 10k), Gangs can use these periods to either be the big fish in the small pond, dominating the lower tier, or challenge themselves to be part of a new level of competition in the higher tier before being forced to it. The overlap would keep the amount of competition in each base a little healthier, while still keeping fortress a requirement for only 10k+ gangs. Also, when a gang is forced into a higher tier, they would have to spend a good amount of time proving themselves in a limited number of bases, like the 10k tier. Of course, little thought was put into the particular numbers I gave and would need further consideration for balancing.
    Splitting the under 10k bases was considered but ultimately it wouldn't work as well as it would for the gang fort.
    If you split up the gangs TOO much, then it becomes easier for them to ally as gangs are at wide variety of hours which could lead to instances where the 0-2000 hour bases are full of competition because of all the new gangs competing, which makes it hard for any of those gangs to gain hours at all. Which could mean gangs in the 5k+ division for example, might have fewer gangs in that hour bracket and so it would be more manageable for them to create alliances and just progress uncontested as there may only be a handful of gangs in that hour point.

Eventually players will bottleneck at a certain hour point. Something that WILL eventually happen to the gang fort as over time/ years more gangs will reach 10k, and eventually there will be an unrealistic number of gangs competing, which is why at that point additional bases could be added to the gang fort.

The reason why there is such a large margin in the 0-10k, is because the expectation is that with the big gangs gone, a lot of new gangs will try to compete. Hypothetically if 20 new gangs entered the basing scene, then you need a decent amount of bases to share around. Peace alliances would not be an issue, as there would be more actively competing gangs, than bases available (which is the current opposite of how basing works now). Basing would basically be the way it is on classic/ used to be on eras release. Where multiple independent gangs were fighting at each base to try take it.

The 10k+ pool whilst still is larger, isn't anywhere near as large as what the under 10k would be. And can be better managed (eg added another base or 2 if the gang fort is TOO competitive. Eg to the point where no gang can physically hold the base for longer than a few minutes because there are just too many opponents).

---
    Last edited by BiTzSam; 11-29-2017 at 12:47 PM.