Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Quote Originally Posted by Wast View Post
    Yay!

I mean, Ugh poor. Don't
    I love Blitzsams GFX and Gani work, they look fantastic. But yeah... His balancing is kinda questionable. The bar rebalance wasn't that bad but some of his newer guns are perhaps too powerful for their cheaper price.

Quote Originally Posted by Dspong View Post
    I love Blitzsams GFX and Gani work, they look fantastic. But yeah... His balancing is kinda questionable. The bar rebalance wasn't that bad but some of his newer guns are perhaps too powerful for their cheaper price.
    I like his gfx/ganis too but tbh I don't like him as person.

What is he like as a person, all I really see of him is an unsympathetic professional. But if his job is to make guns and not to interact with players then he's doing his job exactly as it's meant to be done. Maybe you know him better then I do and you can elaborate for me.

Any updates?

It's the base system rn is tiring.
    Any questions?
    pm me

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    When you say you don't like him as a person, then that means you know things about him personally. And I doubt that you do. You can't say you don't like someone as a person when you have no valid information to support your feelings of him. All you know is he is strict about what he does, and that you think he's good at gfx/ganis. And you take what he acts like online as what he is overall as a person(At least I assume that's what you mean). When you don't have a lot of info on stuff like this, don't say that stuff. Not liking someone personally means much more than you think it does, my friend.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Veteran
    It’s been 5-6 months now since some of these changes to the basing system was put into place. Aside from noticing Sam’s inactivity in game and forums, was just wondering if there are any updates on fortress and the other changes that haven’t been put into place yet? Also wanted to discuss a bit about maybe nerfing traps as well.

I think traps are great use in basing but find it often irritating when they are constantly spammed in doorways, especially in bases with such minimal and not spaced out way of entry such as PZ and mafia (if that makes any sense). Like when traps are spammed at the only single entrance to the bedroom at PZ it’s almost impossible to get through it. I just don’t know how weapons and heals could be nerfed but traps something very OP in basing imo could be completely disregarded.

Maybe adding a cool down time to traps just like with food could make basing focus more on the shootout aspect instead of players mainly trying to rush the hundreds of traps spammed all around the base and doorways. A few traps are completely reasonable but when a base is almost fully covered with them it’s another thing. Also with players I’m hearing having over 10k of those traps really gives an advantage for them to spam them.

Leveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierce View Post
    It’s been 5-6 months now since some of these changes to the basing system was put into place. Aside from noticing Sam’s inactivity in game and forums, was just wondering if there are any updates on fortress and the other changes that haven’t been put into place yet? Also wanted to discuss a bit about maybe nerfing traps as well.

I think traps are great use in basing but find it often irritating when they are constantly spammed in doorways, especially in bases with such minimal and not spaced out way of entry such as PZ and mafia (if that makes any sense). Like when traps are spammed at the only single entrance to the bedroom at PZ it’s almost impossible to get through it. I just don’t know how weapons and heals could be nerfed but traps something very OP in basing imo could be completely disregarded.

Maybe adding a cool down time to traps just like with food could make basing focus more on the shootout aspect instead of players mainly trying to rush the hundreds of traps spammed all around the base and doorways. A few traps are completely reasonable but when a base is almost fully covered with them it’s another thing. Also with players I’m hearing having over 10k of those traps really gives an advantage for them to spam them.
    Agreed with this. Maybe a max of like 15 traps per level in bases at a given time.
    Feel free to ask any question!

iZone Levels Admin

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    The fortress won't fix anything, watch.
    All the gangs shall do is just say "during this time period, you can have the base and we'll take it back 2 hours from now".
    Graal basing needs a tonne of revamp.
    Take a look at the new Plasma corp which was released (Great job to junz and the team for working on it), but it's been about 2-3 weeks? and it's already a ghost town.

First of all, there should only be 8 bases in the map:

A) 1 for gangs with < 100 Hours.
    B) 3 for gangs with < 1000 Hours.
    C) 2 for gangs with 1000 hours to 10000 hours.
    D) 2 for gangs with > 10000 hours.

For the bases "A" and "B", any player with >100000 kills should not be allowed inside the base.

Have you actually seen the current state of the bases? It's essentially just a money farm.
    Whenever a gang will attack the current base holders just recruit any person with anything that resembles a gun.
    Propositions:

After x amount of hours the hits needed to take the flag from a gang should decrease as the base holder maintain the base for large amounts of time.
    e.g.
    After 15 minutes, only 45 hits are needed.
    After 30 minutes, only 40 hits are needed.
    After 1 hour, Only 30 hits are needed
    After more than 2 hours only 25 hits would be needed.

This would encourage players to actually pursue attacking the base due to it being easier for them and harder for the base owners.
    If the base owners were to lose the flag, their hit counter should not reset but stay the same way for 4 hours and only reset after 4 hours have gone. If they reclaim the base back, the timer should carry on.

Just a few suggestions, but yeah if you take a look at basing it's much worse than ever.

Literally nobody will attack for extended periods of time except the odd nub which gets pounced upon + gassed repeatedly.

You don't even need your own gang to defend bases for you, just ask other gangs too.

The gangs you see below holding the bases (apart from Ls), essentially have those as their homes for majority of the day.

"A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Is sam even still alive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    Is sam even still alive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In my basement