Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    A PK protection timer has been added to the respawn room, lasts 3 seconds from exiting the respawn building from bases. Added so that the spawn buildings can't be camped by pkers, and you have some protection whilst you're running back to the base.

Ally/ Gang member identification and Fort rework should be the next changes to come.
    How about increasing it to 6-10 seconds to discourage spam & campers & fort pkers at the main door?
    This will also lessen the lag.

- - - Updated - - -

3 seconds isn't enough time to exit the door going to the main building.

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    Currently there’s a lot of gangs on that waiting list and it takes quite a while to actually make a hideout. You would need to plan the whole thing out, make the gfx, and then start on the levels which takes ages.
    Agreed, but taking away the prize they originally sought out for would be a terrible way to say you wasted your time.

There are many gang reward threads also with this proof of whoever reached 4k hours could be eligible for a gang house. Anyone who reached 4k in the past couple of months to years ago should still have their right to it.

If the leader is inactive then so be it, but at least be fair with the leaders who have been patient. If it was in my hands I'd give them as much time as they needed, but its in bitzsams so their isn't much I can do but just try to convince him. Make a poll if you need to see how many will disagree with taking gang hideouts for people who already reached 4k.

https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=Mercy
    Last edited by John J; 12-07-2017 at 01:31 PM.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
    -Jimmy Dean

I think 10k hours as the benchmark is too high, because those more than a thousand but less than 10k can still hoard the bases. Why not just split it into different tiers?
    Like e.g. 0-2k hours gangs can take X no. of bases. 2k-4k can take X-y no. of bases (not simultaneously, but the bases in game) etc etc. So as the hours increases these gangs can take fewer and fewer no. of bases (like e.g. tachi will no longer be able to be taken by gangs with 4k hours or more), and eventually to the base fortress.

The current 10k hours benchmark seems more of helping other gangs with more than 4k hours but less than 10k hoard the bases since gangs with more than 10k will no longer compete with them. Splitting it into tiers actually moderates competition so that those extremely good gangs with less than 10k will not deprive newer gangs a chance.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    How about increasing it to 6-10 seconds to discourage spam & campers & fort pkers at the main door?

- - - Updated - - -

No lol. You can literally run into the flagroom in most bases with that time limit. Should stay at 3

Quote Originally Posted by John J View Post
    Agreed, but taking away the prize they originally sought out for would be a terrible way to say you wasted your time.

There are many gang reward threads also with this proof of whoever reached 4k hours could be eligible for a gang house. Anyone who reached 4k in the past couple of months to years ago should still have their right to it.

If the leader is inactive then so be it, but at least be fair with the leaders who have been patient. If it was in my hands I'd give them as much time as they needed, but its in bitzsams so their isn't much I can do but just try to convince him. Make a poll if you need to see how many will disagree with taking gang hideouts for people who already reached 4k.

https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=Mercy
    I've alreadys said to the multiple people asking about it that so long as their gang has 4k hours before the gang fort is added, and they have emailed the gang admin their idea for what the gang hideout will look like/ any additional graphics then they can still get their base added after. They just have to have messaged the gang admin before the fort was added. There is still roughly 1-2 months they have before it will be done for them to reach 4K if they don't already have it.

Part of the reason the gang hideout/ gang rewards are so delayed is because the gang leaders are always so indecisive with their design, so the gang admin usually has to wait weeks- months until all that's left is to make it, to which at that point other work has already piled up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    I think 10k hours as the benchmark is too high, because those more than a thousand but less than 10k can still hoard the bases. Why not just split it into different tiers?
    Like e.g. 0-2k hours gangs can take X no. of bases. 2k-4k can take X-y no. of bases (not simultaneously, but the bases in game) etc etc. So as the hours increases these gangs can take fewer and fewer no. of bases (like e.g. tachi will no longer be able to be taken by gangs with 4k hours or more), and eventually to the base fortress.

The current 10k hours benchmark seems more of helping other gangs with more than 4k hours but less than 10k hoard the bases since gangs with more than 10k will no longer compete with them. Splitting it into tiers actually moderates competition so that those extremely good gangs with less than 10k will not deprive newer gangs a chance.
    As i've said in this thead, the bases are being faciliated to prevent gangs from being able to 'hoard' bases. The ideal is that there will be more gangs actively basing after the change, than there are available bases, so basically the same concept as the gang fortress (less available bases than competing gangs) just on a larger scale, so gangs won't be able to effectively hold alliances/ bases for long periods of time. The same as how basing is in all the other graal servers.

Eg- 11 available bases and 20- hopefully 30+ if enough incentive is added for new gangs- active gangs. Meaning 10-20 gangs would be without a base if the other 10 gangs tried making an alliance, and therefore would attack them. Those numbers are for 'established' gangs, and isn't factoring random, smaller pk gangs attacking the bases aswell.

Gangs are only hoarding bases currently because they make up the majority of active basing gangs, and that number is still less than the amount of available bases, so each of the main alliances gangs can have their own uncontested bases. (Roughly 6-7 active main gangs out of 11 bases, with the remaining bases either doubled up by those gangs, or allowed to be taken by sub gangs of the main gangs)

As for splitting the bases even more, that was suggested before this thread was made, the reason that can't work is because if you split it up too much, eventually one of those 'splits' will bottleneck. Eg if you have a 4-6k hour base, there could come a point where 8 gangs are all stuck in that 4-6k hour base, with there being too much competition that they're gaining hours so slowly that eventually more and more gangs reach 4k hours, and then there are too little bases to facilitate the amount of players.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It might be slightly increased depending on the base, none of these changes are finalised until the gang fort is added but it isn't suppose to get you all the way to the door, just out of the respawn room. You can actually attack people whilst you are under the PK protection, which is enough of discouragement for campers, and if the timer was too high then people may try to take advantage of that/ find some way to abuse it.

- wild assumption but eg if the timer was 10 seconds, have a friend in the respawn room that marriage summons them, giving them the 10 second protection when they leave to pk, summoming back into the room, getting it again etc. Especially in basing areas like mafia/ lethal/ bh where there are a lot of road pkers outside those bases around the respawn rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post

It might be slightly increased depending on the base, none of these changes are finalised until the gang fort is added but it isn't suppose to get you all the way to the door, just out of the respawn room. You can actually attack people whilst you are under the PK protection, which is enough of discouragement for campers, and if the timer was too high then people may try to take advantage of that/ find some way to abuse it.

- wild assumption but eg if the timer was 10 seconds, have a friend in the respawn room that marriage summons them, giving them the 10 second protection when they leave to pk, summoming back into the room, getting it again etc. Especially in basing areas like mafia/ lethal/ bh where there are a lot of road pkers outside those bases around the respawn rooms.
    You're right some people might abuse it but imagine the upside.

No more people mindlessly spamming minigun/ chemical gun outside the building during fort.

This would greatly greatly reduce the lag.

& improve the foring experience for forters because theres nothing more annoying than being repeatedly killed by spam & lag right before you enter the building.

How about we time it till just so the timer wears out after entering the building.

3 seconds kind of just gets me at the entrance at BH.

What'd you think of maybe 5 or 6 seconds?

Not exactly enough time foo it to abused & just enough time for us to get into the building unscathed.

You're right some people might abuse it but imagine the upside.

No more people mindlessly spamming minigun/ chemical gun outside the building during fort.

This would greatly greatly reduce the lag.

& improve the foring experience for forters because theres nothing more annoying than being repeatedly killed by spam & lag right before you enter the building.

How about we time it till just so the timer wears out after entering the building.

3 seconds kind of just gets me at the entrance at BH.

What'd you think of maybe 5 or 6 seconds?

Not exactly enough time foo it to abused & just enough time for us to get into the building unscathed.
    No, because by that time you can run through defences and into the second room, 3 seconds is even a long stretch

Player Relations
    I like most of the new updates , but i dont understand the purpose of adding respawn rooms
    Ask me any era-related question(s)
    I'd be glad to answer

IGN:KvN

Era Newspaper Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by KvNEraa View Post
    I like most of the new updates , but i dont understand the purpose of adding respawn rooms
    Same here . Don't get me wrong the respawn rooms are a pretty cool idea because it is right next to the base ( besides neo of course ) . I just feel as if in all the other ones like ( mafia , bh etc ) is a bad idea to respawn with zero health just to hit a full health heal pack. In my opinion as a baser it waste time and I don't see the point .
    Have any Era-Related questions? 🤔 Feel free to pm me here or in Era!😊
    Newspaper Staff
    In-game name is Journey*!

Click here to read the Era Newspaper!

Host
    Contest, Riddles, Games, Puzzles, Prizes, and More!

I agree with what Journey said, It's not really much different then just respawning with full health.