Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Answer me this one question and I may agree with you. Why do you feel as if you are deserving to change all the competitive aspects of era to your will although you have never been viable in any given area. You have no experience in anything besides forum posting.
    I don't actively partake in basing/ sparring/ pking anymore no, that's more as a result of me not having the time to and my device being to old to compete without being at a significant disadvantage from the delay/ lag I experience.

That being said I have participated in those areas in my time enough to have a say, i'm a good enough player to know what it's like, and whilst I don't physically base/ spar, I still am aware of what goes on in those communities, and check up on them often.

The main thing that gives me ability to change the competitive aspect is because I have something that players don't have which might sound surprising to you but I am unbiased.

Whether it's gun nerfs, sparring, basing, player opinion is always heavily tilted towards their personal benefit. Whether it's wanting their weapons to be OP because they feel they're entitled to it for paying more money than someone else, or because they want to be able to kill people as fast as possible so they can win spars as quickly as possible to get the rewards faster/ have stronger guns so that it is easier for gangs to defend a base.
    The vast majority of opinions made by players is not for the benefit of the game, but for the benefit of themselves or their gang/ friends.

I don't have any personal ties or gain that I want to achieve when I make changes. The changes I do make are purely beneficial for the server. When I buff/ nerf a gun, I don't do that because I want the gun to be better for myself (as I don't even actively play anymore, and frankly when I did play often I used 'weaker' guns as i'm someone who is entertained by a challenge, not by a reward). Yet players- if given the ability- would have me buff a weapon not because it was underpowered, because they own it and it will make them do better, or nerf a weapon- because they're able to look past their own interests and see the server benefits- but because they don't have the weapon.

There is nothing in this game that I want/ need, so there is no benefit to me making a change for any personal gain, which is what someone with strong ties to the game whether it was them being an active player/ part of a large gang would be biased towards. Same goes for Meph, he doesn't really participate in the iEra side of basing/ pking as often as people like you do, but that doesn't mean he isn't able to make a solid opinion of what could be changed, and like me, he is also unbiased in the sense that there is no personal gain for him in any change he'd want to make.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I don't actively partake in basing/ sparring/ pking anymore no, that's more as a result of me not having the time to and my device being to old to compete without being at a significant disadvantage from the delay/ lag I experience.

That being said I have participated in those areas in my time enough to have a say, i'm a good enough player to know what it's like, and whilst I don't physically base/ spar, I still am aware of what goes on in those communities, and check up on them often.

The main thing that gives me ability to change the competitive aspect is because I have something that players don't have which might sound surprising to you but I am unbiased.

Whether it's gun nerfs, sparring, basing, player opinion is always heavily tilted towards their person benefit. Whether it's wanting their weapons to be OP because they feel they're entitled to it for paying more money than someone else, or because they want to be able to kill people as fast as possible so they can win spars as quickly as possible to get the rewards faster/ have stronger guns so that it is easier for gangs to defend a base.
    The vast majority of opinions made by players is not for the benefit of the game, but for the benefit of themselves or their gang/ friends.

I don't have any personal ties or gain that I want to achieve when I make changes. The changes I do make are purely beneficial for the server. When I buff/ nerf a gun, I don't do that because I want the gun to be better for myself (as I don't even actively play anymore, and frankly when I did play often I used 'weaker' guns as i'm someone who is entertained by a challenge, not by a reward). Yet players would have me buff a weapon, because they own it and it will make them do better.
    Inform the community of one competitive aspect you have ever been viable in. Simply existing is much different than performing at a high level or even being viable. Since the game came out I don't remember you ever doing anything besides getting hired and posting on the forums. Check our forum dates we both joined at the same time yet you have 1,500 more posts than me. While you have been busy posting on the forums I have actually been playing the game.

Whether it's gun nerfs, sparring, basing, player opinion is always heavily tilted towards their personal benefit. Whether it's wanting their weapons to be OP because they feel they're entitled to it for paying more money than someone else, or because they want to be able to kill people as fast as possible so they can win spars as quickly as possible to get the rewards faster/ have stronger guns so that it is easier for gangs to defend a base.

I don't have any personal ties or gain that I want to achieve when I make changes. The changes I do make are purely beneficial for the server. When I buff/ nerf a gun, I don't do that because I want the gun to be better for myself (as I don't even actively play anymore, and frankly when I did play often I used 'weaker' guns as i'm someone who is entertained by a challenge, not by a reward). Yet players- if given the ability- would have me buff a weapon not because it was underpowered, because they own it and it will make them do better, or nerf a weapon- because they're able to look past their own interests and see the server benefits- but because they don't have the weapon.

There is nothing in this game that I want/ need, so there is no benefit to me making a change for any personal gain, which is what someone with strong ties to the game whether it was them being an active player/ part of a large gang would be biased towards. Same goes for Meph, he doesn't really participate in the iEra side of basing/ pking as often as people like you do, but that doesn't mean he isn't able to make a solid opinion of what could be changed, and like me, he is also unbiased in the sense that there is no personal gain for him in any change he'd want to make.
    Bitzsam you type fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JustJoshuaLikeABoss

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Inform the community of one competitive aspect you have ever been viable in. Simply existing is much different than performing at a high level or even being viable. Since the game came out I don't remember you ever doing anything besides getting hired and posting on the forums. Check our forum dates we both joined at the same time yet you have 1,500 more posts than me. While you have been busy posting on the forums I have actually been playing the game.
    Very interesting that you bring up forum count. The only times I recall you posting on the forums, is when it's an issue specifically involving YOU. Which is exactly the issue I am talking about with players only basing their opinions on their self involved interests.
    - you don't care about other gangs being able to compete/ get rewards- you only care about the rewards obsidian and its members will gain. That's why you kept bringing up the gang point REWARDS- and how unfair it will be to obsidian in the gang fortress unless they make a new tag- despite those rewards being a very minor addition to the ultimate goal this change sets out to achieve. This thread isn't called 'Gang point rewards' it's the basing SYSTEM rework

My post count is quite low in comparison to the average forum user and their time on the forums. I obviously post because this is the only area where game updates are talked about, and because I give people the courtesy of getting an answer when a change is made.

Era is not a technical game like counter strike that requires constant practise to be as good as possible. If you have decent hand eye coordination, and a decent gun, getting 5k kills will pretty give you the compete extent of possible encounters you will witness on this game.
    You don't need 700,000 kills to have the skill/ knowledge required to be able to kill you in a base.

I'm done with this discussion and that's all i'm going to contribute to this specific topic

Banned
    I post in almost every single issue that has any value regardless if it involves me. You have no knowledge of any competitive aspects of era, that is why you go person to person asking random questions regarding that aspect. Also find it funny how you avoided my post, or are you acknowledging you havn't ever beein viable in any competitive aspects of era, ever?

Very interesting that you bring up forum count. The only times I recall you posting on the forums, is when it's an issue specifically involving YOU. Which is exactly the issue I am talking about with players only basing their opinions on their self involved interests.
    - you don't care about other gangs being able to compete/ get rewards- you only care about the rewards obsidian and its members will gain. That's why you kept bringing up the gang point REWARDS- and how unfair it will be to obsidian in the gang fortess unless they make a new tag- despite those rewards being a very minor addition to the ultimate goal this change sets out to achieve.

My post count is quite low in comparison to the average forum user and their time on the forums. I obviously post because this is the only area where game updates are talked about, and because I give people the courtesy of getting an answer when a change is made.

Era is not a technical game like counter strike that requires constant practise to be as good as possible. If you have decent hand eye coordination, and a decent gun, getting 5k kills will pretty give you the compete extent of possible encounters you will witness on this game.
    You don't need 700,000 kills to have to skill/ knowledge to be able to kill you in a base
    Doesn’t every leader care about rewards, you’re limiting 10k hour gangs to war over 3 flags, and there’s how many 10k+ gangs basing atm? 6? Plus Godelic and Region are soon to reach that goal, guess it’ll be fun seeing 8 gangs war over 3 flags while the lower hour gangs sit back and gain hours by doubling
    yo

Banned
    Hey look, he is done discussing knowing he can't answer my post. The Forum Boss has been defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by XR View Post
    Doesn’t every leader care about rewards, you’re limiting 10k hour gangs to war over 3 flags, and there’s how many 10k+ gangs basing atm? 6? Plus Godelic and Region are soon to reach that goal, guess it’ll be fun seeing 8 gangs war over 3 flags while the lower hour gangs sit back and gain hours by doubling
    As opposed to what? The system staying as it is, so all 6 gangs plus godelic and region can have one base each? I think you're forgetting that basing actually involves ATTACKING a base and DEFENDING it in order to hold it. Not make an alliance so you don't have to do either anymore.

All you're doing is pointing out the the current issues basing is facing

Banned
    annnnnddddd he's back, you really are a competitive forum poster, couldn't even stay away 5 minutes.

As opposed to what? The system staying as it is, so all 6 gangs plus godelic and region can have one base each? I think you're forgetting that basing actually involves ATTACKING a base and DEFENDING it in order to hold it. Not make an alliance so you don't have to do either anymore.

All you're doing is pointing out the the current issues basing is facing
    That’s what every gang did to get the base, and they constantly war, have you not seen how many gang wars there have been in the last 4 months?
    yo