Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomlacroixgraal View Post
    They stop becuase the reward. You dont think they will comtinue for this gang points thing?
    We are stopping at 25...we have plans for what we will do

[QUOTE=Czar Misago;459354]No cause then when they reach 1k guess what!! The big gangs will still be home basing and they can't do anything about it

- - - Updated - - -

people join gangs close to rewards giving new gangs a chance to get half way there will give them a chance of getting older more experienced members. Even with the "top gangs" going to fortress the old bases will still be dominated by too gangs theres no way to fix the issue sam clearly jus has personal issues against obs and darkside.

Ey lets turn this discussion into a debate

I'm glad the issue with allies is finally being addressed.
    Gangs have a 25 member limit for a reason.

It is supposed to be: "your 25 people, fighting against my 25 people. Let's see who is the best."

The blatant abuse of the ally system has turned it away from that, to include "sub" gangs as part of the equation.
    With this, Basing is more like a pumpkin growing contest; with the unit of measure being dead-weight "random" players.

But again - I can't blame the players -- this should have been addressed years ago.

Better late than never, I guess

I hope they also attack healing items (adding a cooldown, as mentioned, would definitely be a step in the right direction)
    Also, I'm hoping the fortress levels are designed to be more open(gmap), so as to promote bullet dodging.

I look forward to this change.

Might I suggest that we also add indicators on guild members to differentiate them from others?
    Green circles around their shadows, green triangles above them -- anything; as long as it doesn't obstruct the fight
    Last edited by Meph; 11-27-2017 at 12:02 AM.
    Tune in for live streaming action from gang bases, events, and other iEra activities, with commentary!

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post

It is supposed to be: "your 25 people, fighting against my 25 people. Let's see who is the best."

The blatant abuse of the ally system has turned it away from that, to include "sub" gangs as part of the equation.
    With this, Basing is more like a pumpkin growing contest; with the unit of measure being dead-weight "random" players.

But again - I can't blame the players -- this should have been addressed years ago.

I hope they also attack healing items (adding a cooldown, as mentioned, would definitely be a step in the right direction)
    Also, I'm hoping the fortress levels are designed to be more open(gmap), so as to promote bullet dodging.

Might I suggest that we also add indicators on guild members to differentiate them from others?
    Green circles around their shadows, green triangles above them -- anything; as long as it doesn't obstruct the fight
    Hi meph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JustJoshuaLikeABoss

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post

But every gang has ranks taking up 15 space (usually), as well allies are used for many things outside basing, such as socializing between friends gangs, practice gangs such as spar guilds, gang spar and others, taking that away is silly and shouldn’t even be discussed

The entire plan is flawed imo, there isn’t an issue with basing and I see why so many people are getting upset. If anything the gang fortress should be designed for gangs between 0-4000 hours, as of right now you are punishing gangs above 10k and making 8+ (more 10k guilds to come) to war over 3 flags, everybody knows Obsidian and DarkSide would take control and hold the bases

And yes, gangs will realize and they will give up, it happens all the time, in less than a week the fortress will be empty and it’ll be back to sharing/homebasing it
    yo

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I'd argue that they would become more active once this change is made. Obsidian is already at 35k hours/ are close enough. There would be no more rewards for them to go for with 35k being the cap. With bases separated, more gangs will reach 10k hours so maybe initially it might be slightly bare, but I guarantee you competition in those bases will only continue to get higher as time goes on.
    But doesn't the Gang Point system provide them with minor incentive to keep basing as long as the cars, flags, and furniture fly in? I know that surely I'd be in absolute awe with a house filled with Obsidian couches, beds, televisions and more. There has to be creative and physical limitations put in place to do this, granted, you don't think so?

Also, you'd have to make this fortress extremely huge to cover the broad scale of what you're attempting, as well the ability to hold basically anywhere from 125+ at the release, at least. It's going to be insane watching bullets fly from place to place, but you'd probably have to add a bunch of rooms. I think the viable solution would be to limit the allied tags each gang can hold, possibly adding 2-3 tags each, that way there's not a huge chaotic lag bomb.

Same with the 'under 10k' bases, are these players taking a chance with the servers going into these bases? What type of cautions will be placed to limit/prevent such?
    I dunno man.

Quote Originally Posted by Czar Misago View Post
    No cause then when they reach 1k guess what!! The big gangs will still be home basing and they can't do anything about it

- - - Updated - - -

Either they can test their luck at the new base, hurry and make their hideout or get hats instead as the 4K reward will be replaced with hats

And I doubt sam is going to take any suggestions unless your suggestion somehow prevents homebasing which literally no idea has even come close to doing
    Oh here come the riders LOL; look mate, I never tried to suggest that he should not implement his idea about basing. Read homie. I only said the crap thing about his idea was how P v P will have to rush their reward just because he and his friends suddenly decided that a hideout should be a 12.5k hour reward.
    If you have nothing meaningful to say, shut the **** up.

- - - Updated - - -

Whether you like it or not, 12.5k hours is a crap-ton of hours, and a ridiculous number. Multiplying the original 4k value by a god damn 3.125 lmao wtf? And not only that, but even worse is he wants William and P v P members to rush their hideout just because he had that idea of bumping up the hours for the hideout; unbelievable LOL.

Don't think you actually realise how much work is required to make a hideout. Why do you think there are so many gangs waiting to get their hideout made?

Because 4k hours is a tiny amount in comparison to the amount of work the hideout requires compared to gunskins at 15k or gang melees at 25k.

The only reason the gang hideout was set at 4k, was because at the time several YEARS ago, basing was a lot more competitive and it took much longer for gangs to reach those hours

Yes basing does suck now but with this More people are going to base . i love it especially im a pker/forter i will be getting more pks on bases than streets .