Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

This is a good and bad idea at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    A gang hideout takes a significantly more amount of time and planning to make than a gang gunskin. Its value is so low because when it was added, gang alliances weren't a thing so it actually took continuous effort to base for that amount of hours
    Where is the grab gang skin going to be located if there isn't hideout

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon123 View Post
    Will the people that are waiting for there gang rewards right now be able to get it? Like if a gang is at 4k hourd atm can they get there hideout?
    yea same doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Where is the grab gang skin going to be located if there isn't hideout
    gang skin is at 15k. They will still have the hideout at 12.5k before they earn the gunskin

Okay, so I fully understand the changes, but having 1 base for 3 separate gangs? Multiple gangs are going to be fighting for the base just to keep it for themselves. Shouldn't there be, like, I dunno, a couple of additional flags for the gangs 10k or higher that are STILL basing today?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSam View Post
    Okay, so I fully understand the changes, but having 1 base for 3 separate gangs? Multiple gangs are going to be fighting for the base just to keep it for themselves. Shouldn't there be, like, I dunno, a couple of additional flags for the gangs 10k or higher that are STILL basing today?
    it's not 1 base it's 3 bases IN one. Just imagine if BH, Mafia and Tachi were all located in one building

As competition increases, with more gangs fighting for the bases, then maybe 1 more base could be added (making it 4) and so on. Just for the first year it will be 3 bases at a time, with 6 other rotating base layouts.

Can't they choose the base design the gang is currently comfortable with before the gang scoring system is in place?

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    A gang hideout takes a significantly more amount of time and planning to make than a gang gunskin. Its value is so low because when it was added, gang alliances weren't a thing so it actually took continuous effort to base for that amount of hours

I'd argue that they would become more active once this change is made. Obsidian is already at 35k hours/ are close enough. There would be no more rewards for them to go for with 35k being the cap. With bases separated, more gangs will reach 10k hours so maybe initially it might be slightly bare, but I guarantee you competition in those bases will only continue to get higher as time goes on.

P v P can get their reward added if they can have it finished before this change is added
    But what about of the gang skins who reached 15k?

Won’t work imo, if a gang war starts a gang will simply make a new tag and war that gang if they have over 10k/under 10k. The current basing system is fine.

Double basing is almost never a thing nowadays, so cutting down the hours makes no sense.

My solution: add new bases so those new gangs can actually have a homebase

Quote Originally Posted by Key View Post
    But what about of the gang skins who reached 15k?
    Those that has reached 15k has abruptly already received their gang skins, so I'm assuming the same will occur within the change?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XR View Post
    Won’t work imo, if a gang war starts a gang will simply make a new tag and war that gang if they have over 10k/under 10k. The current basing system is fine.

Double basing is almost never a thing nowadays, so cutting down the hours makes no sense.

My solution: add new bases so those new gangs can actually have a homebase
    Agreed, but with new bases comes with more testing of the base, current location, and a questioning of the map's extension.