Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I don't think you thoroughly read/ understand what was suggested as nothing you said makes any sense.

1. You can't really talk about 10k+ hour gangs being punished, as the vast majority of you have been able to take advantage of the currently flawed basing system, to earn hours at a rapid rate and often with very little contest from other gangs as a result of the alliances you have established that prevents the main gangs from attacking eachother, and gives you assistance in retaking a base if a random gang takes it from you. If this system was around at launch, wouldn't have anywhere near the amount of base hours you currently have.

2. Yes you only get '3 bases' to choose from, but as I said you will get a new layout on rotation. So after a year you will have effectively based in 9 completely new bases that nobody else would get to see unless they joined your gang/ had a 10k hour gang of their own. And as I mentioned, 3 would be the initial amount of bases. If the competition in the gang was too high and there were too many gangs for it to be unrealistic to be able to earn a base (and not just from gangs giving up because they can't take a base from one of their allies) then new bases to that gang fort could be added to give slightly more room

3. Why would anyone continue to base on a 10k+ hour tag? Maybe because all the significant rewards are listed at above 10k?- gang hideout now at 12.5k, gang gun skin 15k, gang melee 25k, gang heal staff possibly 35k. If a new gang reaches 10k and then decides to make a new gang and start again. IMO that is a really stupid thing to do, and a huge waste of time. You're going to base 10k hours and quit, with nothing to show for aside from a few gang hats?
    Even if competition is very high, and it's harder to earn hours, making a new gang just guarantees that you won't ever be able to get those 10k+ rewards, where as continuing to base there at leasts means eventually you'll reach them.

This change isn't meant to give you 10k+ gangs any benefit, its meant to put an end to the easy sailing that many of you have had in earning hours at generally uncontested bases, at double the rate when holding 2 at once. You've already been given your trade off in the rewards/ hours you've managed to gain in a timeframe that will not be achievable but newer gangs that start up.
    The difference at least is that the newer gangs will actually be given chance to enter the basing environment, and high end basing will guarantee competition that you actually have to fight to defend your base and earn your rewards.

You cannot try to tell me that there isn't any issue with basing at the moment, when you have 2500 players online with only less than 100 of those players scattered around the bases on era.
    1. Nobody ever said the current system isn't flawed, but to try and say all the top gangs got here by abusing it is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard. Just because you have never been apart of any successful gang and can't comprehend what it takes to get there isn't our problem. I know for a fact Obsidian and many other top gangs atm have gone through more wars than and based longer than you have put in time working for this server. That may sound offensive, it comes when you make a statement like that.

2. A rotation means nothing, there will still only be 3 options for bases at 10k+ hours (unless you add more later). Let's do some simple math here. Do you have a higher chance of taking a base out of 10 options or rather 3?

3. Why would people want to waste what will now take years just to get from 10-12.5 or 15k for a reward rather than grind the lower rewards for free with much less effort and time? You seem to be unable to comprehend that gangs who reach 10k+ hours are being punished. Out of lets say 20 gangs with more than 10k hours only 3 or less can have a base. Whenever a new gang reaches 10k it is like a death sentence. You force them out of the bases and into a fort they will be unable to take. "Congrats on 10K, I'm sorry but your journey ends here"

Don't get me wrong the system you're trying to change it to sounds fun but don't make it sound like gangs didn't have to actually work for where they are now.

BiTzSam obviously has a problem with/hates Duke or Obs

Quote Originally Posted by Marioo View Post
    Don't get me wrong the system you're trying to change it to sounds fun but don't make it sound like gangs didn't have to actually work for where they are now.
    Obviously you have to work, but your basing hours do not reflect just how much work. Darkside literally has 3 bases held at the moment? Is that because they have 30 members online all actively defending? No it's because 2 of their bases are held by a couple of members who only have to deal with a handful of pkers (as none of the other top gangs are attacking them), whilst the 3rd is just their left over members taking the base from a new gang that has no alliance to call help from.

I think there's better ways to make basing competitive, should definitely consider some more options.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as easily as these alliances you're talking about were formed, other gangs can form it as well. Just because some gangs know how to lead their gangs better doesn't mean anything. Other gangs can recruit and have leaders. It's just the skill of each gang and their members. It's a huge skill gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    3. Why would people want to waste what will now take years just to get from 10-12.5 or 15k for a reward rather than grind the lower rewards for free with much less effort and time? You seem to be unable to comprehend that gangs who reach 10k+ hours are being punished. Out of lets say 20 gangs with more than 10k hours only 3 or less can have a base. Whenever a new gang reaches 10k it is like a death sentence. You force them out of the bases and into a fort they will be unable to take. "Congrats on 10K, I'm sorry but your journey ends here"
    Which is why I said if that becomes a problem down the line when there are multiple gangs, THEN new bases can be added to that fort. 3 is the initial number because there currently isn't 20 gangs with 10k+hours actively basing.

The amount of bases on the server means each of you top gangs can hold your own home base, with some of you able to hold 2 at time, because of the fact that there are more available bases up for the taking, than there are gangs actively basing (and I don't mean a gang of 3 people attacking a base)

- - - Updated - - -

I think there's better ways to make basing competitive, should definitely consider some more options.

- - - Updated - - -

Just as easily as these alliances you're talking about were formed, other gangs can form it as well. Just because some gangs know how to lead their gangs better doesn't mean anything. Other gangs can recruit and have leaders. It's just the skill of each gang and their members. It's a huge skill gap.
    The only reason you can form an alliance that works currently is due to the lack of participating gangs in the basing scene. This update, aside from making basing more active for new gangs looking to try earn hours now that all the peace gangs are gone, will also promote basing from the gang point system as there is no restrictions on being able to achieve that.

Eg you have a gang with 0 hours that doesn't want to base because 2k hours seems to much for them. That gang can just base for 3 months, try and be top 5 base hour earner and get gang points which they can buy rewards with straight away. Then they might look at their hours and see that from participating in that season they have already earnt 500 hours from aiming to be top 5, and then may continue basing traditionally to reach their initial 2k hour goal.

The same goes for the gang fortress aswell. Even if it's taking a long time to earn your hour rewards, the top 5 gang hour earners of the month, regardless of how little/ many hours it is will still receive points that they can spend/ save every 3 months

Banned
    Which is why I said if that becomes a problem down the line when there are multiple gangs, THEN new bases can be added to that fort. 3 is the initial number because there currently isn't 20 gangs with 10k+hours actively basing.

The amount of bases on the server means each of you top gangs can hold your own home base, with some of you able to hold 2 at time, because of the fact that there are more available bases up for the taking, than there are gangs actively basing (and I don't mean a gang of 3 people attacking a base)
    You keep stating facts to show the current basing system isn't great, that's fine. The problem is your current solution isn't that great either. If you want to fix a broken system then fix it with something better, not another broken system.

- - - Updated - - -

A better idea would be to cap off all rewards at 10k (besides current gangs close to a reward) so that all new gangs base til 10k hours and earn rewards throughout the way. Then at 10k you are allowed to compete for gang points in the fort base. This would be the maximum competitiveness you could get. Basically 10k is the ticket into the elite competition and you would see all the top gangs fighting for something meaningful, meanwhile the new gangs still get to base for smaller rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    You keep stating facts to show the current basing system isn't great, that's fine. The problem is your current solution isn't that great either. If you want to fix a broken system then fix it with something better, not another broken system.
    You haven't pointed out anything 'broken' that isn't something that can be easily remedied. The only point you have made is that there is a possibility of there being an unrealistically high amount of gangs fighting for the 3 gang fortress base to which I told you that if that becomes a real problem, and not just gangs complaining because they don't want to break truce, then another base/ however many is needed to solve that can be added over time.

What we are NOT going to do. Is just add 10 bases to an area restricted to 10k hours, because then say there are 8 active gangs, then 8 of you will just hold one base each, not have to attack eachother and then the other 2 free bases will just be down to who has more members online at the time.

The impression i'm getting is you're just looking at this from your gangs standpoint, and the fact that you won't be able to earn hours as easily as before which is ultimately all gangs care about as it gets them their rewards faster.

Go change your name/ appearance, and try join a small gang that's trying to base and witness for yourself what it's really like outside of the alliance bubble the top gangs have created

Why don't you try changing all the bases into the Neo Zone format ? People can't heal or "afk" like you said. Maybe try that for a few months and see what happens.

You haven't pointed out anything 'broken' that isn't something that can be easily remedied. The only point you have made is that there is a possibility of there being an unrealistically high amount of gangs fighting for the 3 gang fortress base to which I told you that if that becomes a real problem, and not just gangs complaining because they don't want to break truce, then another base/ however many is needed to solve that can be added over time.

What we are NOT going to do. Is just add 10 bases to an area restricted to 10k hours, because then say there are 8 active gangs, then 8 of you will just hold one base each, not have to attack eachother and then the other 2 free bases will just be down to who has more members online at the time.

The impression i'm getting is you're just looking at this from your gangs standpoint, and the fact that you won't be able to earn hours as easily as before which is ultimately all gangs care about as it gets them their rewards faster.

Go change your name/ appearance, and try join a small gang that's trying to base and witness for yourself what it's really like outside of the alliance bubble the top gangs have created
    I think that whatever reward is done, for 10k plus basing it should be epic, because it would be the only thing preventing gangs from just starting new ones and repeating the same thing for the same rewards, All in all this seems more beneficial than harmful

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you try changing all the bases into the Neo Zone format ? People can't heal or "afk" like you said. Maybe try that for a few months and see what happens.
    the alliance problem would still be a issue, ie gangs allies protecting each other from getting raided.The only thing i would see changing would be the layout
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback