Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Veteran
    In all honesty, basing was already on the verge of being dead when gangs started using temporary members. Now it’s completely dead with people relying on a friendlist. Winning wars or raids are now focused more on quantity rather than quality compared to how it is was before.

Take GAZA for example. I’ve based with them a few times before and I’ve seen a competitive raid between both NBK and GAZA when the numbers are at least somewhat fair or close. That’s not until GAZA’s member count plummets and NBK ends up getting to hold the base for hours again because of course NBK has the more stronger and bigger friendlist. Let’s also not forget the fact that those gangs like to take their overpowered friendlist to a sub tag giving it even more of a disadvantage for smaller gangs like GAZA.

What you’re doing right now is just opening up the ten bases for gangs under 10k to build up a bigger friendlist and end up home basing it in the near future, as well as maybe forming alliances with other new gangs. Let’s not forget that The Professionals and BDGX are still most likely able to home base seeing how they have a well establish friendlist and they are both allies. What also happens if gangs under 10k like Catalyst and DeadSec come back once the system is implemented? They’ll end up just home basing one or maybe two of the bases.

What really needs to be focused on is bringing back to how basing should of stayed a long time ago. Building up your gang with loyal members and promoting them ranks as they deserve. Instead of the usual finding ranks who could spam recruit everyone on Era just for them to end up using those members for a good hour or two and replacing them with other temporary members.

I’d say you set a timer for when a gang member can be kicked from a gang upon recruitment by any member. In other words, once a player gets recruited to a gang they can’t be kicked until a certain number of hours have passed. Hell make it days if you wanted to. This should encourage gang leaders not to go with the usual routine. Would also actually feel like a real gang instead of some on going event. Also the fact that not every member is going to be online 24/7 basing, this will bring back old basing to were new gangs actually have that chance to base that you’ve been trying to bring back. It’ll all be based on skill and loyalty.

I still like the idea of having members being killed while still being allied. As so long as they aren’t able to take the flag from their allies. Also the point system is also a great idea should be implemented.

WHAT BAHAHA

We had a war with Embro previous to the one with allies, egos were hurt and they tried to home Box Zone with new allies being DarkSide, P v P, and helpers from Zephlyn PK which led to Obs jumping into the mix and DarkSide + friends left Embro to suffer. It wasn't fair fight for us to begin with nor did we start that war so I don't wanna hear it.
    Navy

Quote Originally Posted by MasonForEc View Post
    How much work would this take? and how long if its decided to be implemented?
    Probably a few months to make sure the new base layouts for the gang fort are good.

Changes like the vault/ door hp increase would be made in the lead up, and could be changed at any time. The 'official' release of this change would be when the gang fortress is finished being levelled/ tested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce View Post
    In all honesty, basing was already on the verge of being dead when gangs started using temporary members. Now it’s completely dead with people relying on a friendlist. Winning wars or raids are now focused more on quantity rather than quality compared to how it is was before.

Take GAZA for example. I’ve based with them a few times before and I’ve seen a competitive raid between both NBK and GAZA when the numbers are at least somewhat fair or close. That’s not until GAZA’s member count plummets and NBK ends up getting to hold the base for hours again because of course NBK has the more stronger and bigger friendlist. Let’s also not forget the fact that those gangs like to take their overpowered friendlist to a sub tag giving it even more of a disadvantage for smaller gangs like GAZA.

What you’re doing right now is just opening up the ten bases for gangs under 10k to build up a bigger friendlist and end up home basing it in the near future, as well as maybe forming alliances with other new gangs. Let’s not forget that The Professionals and BDGX are still most likely able to home base seeing how they have a well establish friendlist and they are both allies. What also happens if gangs under 10k like Catalyst and DeadSec come back once the system is implemented? They’ll end up just home basing one or maybe two of the bases.

What really needs to be focused on is bringing back to how basing should of stayed a long time ago. Building up your gang with loyal members and promoting them ranks as they deserve. Instead of the usual finding ranks who could spam recruit everyone on Era just for them to end up using those members for a good hour or two and replacing them with other temporary members.

I’d say you set a timer for when a gang member can be kicked from a gang upon recruitment by any member. In other words, once a player gets recruited to a gang they can’t be kicked until a certain number of hours have passed. Hell make it days if you wanted to. This should encourage gang leaders not to go with the usual routine. Would also actually feel like a real gang instead of some on going event. Also the fact that not every member is going to be online 24/7 basing, this will bring back old basing to were new gangs actually have that chance to base that you’ve been trying to bring back. It’ll all be based on skill and loyalty.

I still like the idea of having members being killed while still being allied. As so long as they aren’t able to take the flag from their allies. Also the point system is also a great idea should be implemented.
    you need to have strong/ good members to hold the 10k+ gang fort because of how competitive it is. You won't do well just mass recruiting random players.

That's why the basing in the lead up to 10k hours will be about building the foundations of a gang, earning gang point rewards to boost the reputation of the gang so you can build it up with actual loyal members, so by the time you hit 10k hours you will be a gang of 15-20 LOYAL members who had been in that gang for a long time, and are a strong force when they enter the gang fortress.
    And not just full of random players who don't care about the gang and are just trying to leech rewards

Yeah Navy allying 3 different gangs against Embro nah. Obsidian allying Navy to take Region down, 2v1.
    Embro and region are both still alive and basing whats your point, strongest gangs survive clearly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I have answered that already. What you said is the reason why there are only 3 bases, so they can't make them home bases.

If you have 6 gangs with 10k hours, and 3 of those gangs hold the 3 bases. Do you think the 3 gangs without a base are just going to quit? No. They will get 25 strong members and take one of those bases and then defend it against the attackers.

Even if the 3 bases are in an alliance with each other, they won't be able to help each other out, as each of the 3 bases will be being attacked at the same time, possibly by more than one gang so they will need all their members just to hold their own base.
    No gangs like wars thta last over 1-2 weeks if you had ever been in a basing gang and ik juan and duke and other basers will back thisnup they all know that within a month 3 gangs will have secured them and others will just help them reach their goals and wait there turn for the gang to quit. Everyone who plays era has realised you getnyour rewards and spend less time playing the game by working together and just waiting your turn xd its lame but its smart.

Yeah Navy allying 3 different gangs against Embro nah. Obsidian allying Navy to take Region down, 2v1.
    Region allied with NBK and some other gangs, the war we had against them was pretty fair, the only thing was op with us was out friend lists
    Obsidian <3

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioo View Post
    And to be fair you speak about the current flaw in basing but the way you're saying things makes it seem like gangs don't have to actually work to defend their bases. Anyone who has ever based knows you can't literally "afk" and defend your base. Gangs have came together to both achieve their goals, maybe the problem isn't the system, just the skills of each individual gang and their members. Hence why brackets would be better imo
    Have you actually ever been to Lethal? Majority of the time NBK is holding it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Ok, so, Bitzsam logic is gang with 10K+ create new gang, wow gg, but, why make this system for end gang like Embro or Region?, rewards system gonna change, soon you need 12.5K for a hideout are you just kidding me? 4K is hard now you need to get 12.5K.
    We all get life and no one agree with this sht system, tbh, if Hideout stay at 4K i agree, cause GUN SKIN for me are the ultime rewards.
    For Hideout you need to war for a base/share and at end you get a hideout it’s cool.
    12.5K for a hideout you need to war 2.5K hours gang like Obsidian Navy DS damn.

I agree with 35k cap rewards but other bases still waiting for their hideout like region and other gangs let them finish their hideout because hideout admin takes long time to reply and building and rip those below 10k gangs

their rewards 12k.5 is already hard smh we get no life
    Graal era is harder and you makeing it more harder

Those gangs had
    smart move they think smart rather then fight each other when they can share thats how it is seriously this thingy is way off limit this game is getting more harder harder and harder

- - - Updated - - -

Plus its no fair for a gang below 10k rewards and lucky for the gang who got their rewards before this balanceing thingy slow down
    THOSE GANGS TOOK MORE THAN A YEAR TO GET 10K even with alliance and the whole system took longer
    Last edited by Hood Misawa; 11-26-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gangs that reach 10k going to be forced to war for 2.5k hours...
    Hi