Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Quote Originally Posted by Key View Post
    But what about of the gang skins who reached 15k?
    ? Nothing is being changed except for the gang hideout. Gang skin will stay at 15k like its always been

Basing System Rework

To bad its to late but they say its never late

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a few doubts over here. First of all, only a few gangs have 10k hours. Gangs which is currently active basing like obsidian, gpn, nbk, embro, darkside, some of these gangs are quitting soon, who is going to fill up the 10k hours base? NOT MENTIONING WHICH GANGS QUITTING AS MOST OF US KNOW. So at the end, this will not be competitive as some 10k gangs quit. On the other hand, without a doubt, the 10k hours gangs are going to make new gangs and take below 10k hours. So at the end, 10k hours gang is still ruling the bases. It is totally pointless on doing this new system. This is a cool idea but pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by XR View Post
    Won’t work imo, if a gang war starts a gang will simply make a new tag and war that gang if they have over 10k/under 10k. The current basing system is fine.

Double basing is almost never a thing nowadays, so cutting down the hours makes no sense.

My solution: add new bases so those new gangs can actually have a homebase
    During the time of the discussion of the changes, I logged on to find Obsidian and GPN both occupying 2 bases, with 0 players attacking either of the bases GPN owned (Tachi and GZ). That was a couple of days ago.

Adding new bases only means more bases for gangs part of the current alliances to occupy uncontested. More bases with no other changes actually makes the problem worse

To show my point here is a picture I just took.

As you can see, godelic and obsidian both own 2 gangs each. That's not what I want you to look at though.
    Look at the minutes those gangs have held those bases. Every gang but 3 has held their base without it being taken once for a minimum of 15 minutes. with 4 of those gangs holding their base for over half an hour without it being taken. I went into those bases and there is hardly anyone attacking them, if at all with no actual gangs trying to take those bases. 0 competition which is the whole issue.

When era first came out, you had to be a strong gang, with 15-20 members on to hold a base for more than 5 minutes due to how many people were attacking it constantly.
    There are almost 3000 players online (2830) and there are less than 100 people inside bases. That is literally pathetic when basing is meant to be a main aspect of Era
    Last edited by BiTzSam; 11-25-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Sorry for repeating the post, it was accident

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    During the time of the discussion of the changes, I logged on to find Obsidian and GPN both occupying 2 bases, with 0 players attacking either of the bases GPN owned (Tachi and GZ). That was a couple of days ago.

Adding new bases only means more bases for gangs part of the current alliances to occupy uncontested. More bases with no other changes actually makes the problem worse
    The gangs that originally home based those two bases has quit basing, so they gain hours by sharing the base with other gangs, in GPN's PoV. Obsidian just gets Pirate Zone 24/7 without sharing, unless being raided counts.

My gang (godelic) got 4k hours almost 2 years ago but have no hideout due to a lack of staff who either care or have the time. Do we miss out on our hideout becuase the game doesnt have enough staff. Same for many gangs;
    Region
    Elevation
    Pvp
    Velocity
    Mercy
    Catalyst
    Exterior
    Candy

Alliances are an issue but making a "base fortress" is only going to free up 3 bases for the 3 gangs who go on to home the base fortress bases who will ally by jumping tag to tag to help eahc other hold down the bases. Say for instances Obs, Darkside and GPN get the 3 base fortress bases. Other gangs who are good enough to have gotten 10k arwnt gonna just quit they are gonna just make a new tag and if they do quit you are losing more players then you are gaining by making these changes. Only way to stop people farming rewards is by puttin a cap on how many rewards an acc can have e.g. 5 gangs hats if they get 6 they can choose to swap an old one out.

Also you clearly have an issue with gangs such as obs hence why you want to cap rewards at 35k and stop double basing and move them off map into a base fortress becuase you think they are too innactive to compete eventho all basers know they will step up. You aint fixing nothing just pissing off everyone who bases. A lot of these "new gangs" you want to have a chance at basing cant even beat a gang 1v1 which is why they dont have a base if you payed attention to the game you would see alliances are only used in wars between big gangs.

Well I'm glad I retired Navy before this could happen,

anyways will Navy receive the new 4k rewards for having over 12,500 hours? Also will Elevation get a choice from hats or hideout since we currently have 4k hours?
    Navy

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post

True, but this will still stay the same regardless of what is done, every gang will still be allied and will still share bases according to their timezones, power, etc..

Say for example Obsidian hits 35k, they’ve capped the rewards. They will make a new gang and stay at the 2 bases, OR, war other gangs (which they’d win) and take other bases. The truth is nobody can step up to the current gangs and that won’t change no matter what happens due to each gang being so powerful and dominant.

The only solution I can see in my eyes is maybe adding 2 new bases that have a limit of 2000-4000 hours, making it somewhere new gangs can base and become stronger to on one day counter-act the larger ones. This also makes it an optional base to base at, and The bigger gangs can’t base their or double on it

So for the gang rewards currently over 35k are you going to rework them to fit in below 35k? Or do we say bye to the healing melee

Nous savons ce que nous sommes, mais savons pas ce que nous pouvons être.

William Shakespear