Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Don't think you actually realise how much work is required to make a hideout. Why do you think there are so many gangs waiting to get their hideout made?

Because 4k hours is a tiny amount in comparison to the amount of work the hideout requires compared to gunskins at 15k or gang melees at 25k.

The only reason the gang hideout was set at 4k, was because at the time several YEARS ago, basing was a lot more competitive and it took much longer for gangs to reach those hours
    Should the same thing happen after this idea is implemented. Gangs will die or become inactive. Ds has a plan for what we will do. But others will prob eventually leave the fort and then it’s 3 gangs that will always control it. As u said and as I remember there was more competition back then. This idea is not to going to magically make gangs compete 24-7. It will die off. Then your going to think of a new idea?

First of all,Most gangs worked really hard to be where they are right now playing though the old system and gangs those couldn't they just stayed dead.
    Next the gangs that have archived the 4k reward[ Hideout] they should be able to get it if they want because many basing gang started basing cause of it and still waiting for staff admins help to get that reward but the lack of staff is preventing most gangs getting it sooner and those gangs don't want hideout incase they can get the new rewards you will add if they want.
    And about this new system of yours I respect it but I have my own opinion which is if you want new gangs get a shot at basing then make it actually fair by making every base mpx style that's how gangs with mostly skill people can hold a base.and strong gangs wont be able to use strong weapons inside base so even a new gang or new players are good at skills they can easily hold the base and by making allies take dmg and lowering members in a tag it will help new gangs take flag ez at the end which gang gives up can hold the base and the system u made is might become flaw cause at fortress if we war then gangs will give up and restart new tag for fast rewards and if u add more base then the competition slowly go down and gangs can easily share base.

You better make those 17.5k gang hours reward working gas mask

Player Relations
    Quote Originally Posted by Muiz View Post
    First of all,Most gangs worked really hard to be where they are right now playing though the old system and gangs those couldn't they just stayed dead.
    Next the gangs that have archived the 4k reward[ Hideout] they should be able to get it if they want because many basing gang started basing cause of it and still waiting for staff admins help to get that reward but the lack of staff is preventing most gangs getting it sooner and those gangs don't want hideout incase they can get the new rewards you will add if they want.
    And about this new system of yours I respect it but I have my own opinion which is if you want new gangs get a shot at basing then make it actually fair by making every base mpx style that's how gangs with mostly skill people can hold a base.and strong gangs wont be able to use strong weapons inside base so even a new gang or new players are good at skills they can easily hold the base and by making allies take dmg and lowering members in a tag it will help new gangs take flag ez at the end which gang gives up can hold the base and the system u made is might become flaw cause at fortress if we war then gangs will give up and restart new tag for fast rewards and if u add more base then the competition slowly go down and gangs can easily share base.
    Neo was once turned into an mpx base , everyone rejected the idea . Besides, he's trying to give the new gangs a chance at basing not the most skilled players as clearly they're the ones who will dominate those bases.
    Ask me any era-related question(s)
    I'd be glad to answer

IGN:KvN

Newcomer
    If you really want to introduce basing to the new players, i think it would be better to present the fortress to the players under a specific hours played. Meaning, those players are the only ones who may enter the area.

Don't touch the current basing system. If the problem is the big gangs forming an alliance throughout the map, it's not the problem. There are more than enough gangs and players that can also ally up to dethrone the current alliance. It's not the fault if these massive gangs if they're consists of skilled players.

You tried nerfing these OP guns thinking it would completely fix the basing system but it didn't. Now you're trying to nerf the players itself by limiting them from doing things just because they're too dominant in the scene.
    Last edited by Exor; 11-27-2017 at 03:21 PM.

I agree with everything expect one thing. What's the point of having allies if they can damage you or if they can't enter the bases in gangs with more than 10K hours

Quote Originally Posted by KvNEraa View Post
    Neo was once turned into an mpx base , everyone rejected the idea . Besides, he's trying to give the new gangs a chance at basing not the most skilled players as clearly they're the ones who will dominate those bases.
    But at the same time killing off all the big gangs? The idea isn’t benefiting the better gangs at all, if anything it’s killing them off.

Player Relations
    Quote Originally Posted by XR View Post
    But at the same time killing off all the big gangs? The idea isn’t benefiting the better gangs at all, if anything it’s killing them off.
    How did those big gangs reach the position where they are right now ? By fighting for the base , that was until the gang alliance was created and those gangs who had more friends/allies became more dominant . So what he's doing rn is that he's basically bringing back the old ways of basing but with some new additions.
    If you look at it from the point of view of big gang members , lets say Ds , then yes it would be affecting them as they wont be able to double or even triple base like they used to do before , but looking at it from the general point of view , it would give new players a chance to create a gang and fight for a base . A lot of players will be gathered in one base trying to take control of the flag just like what used to happen back then at Lethal.
    And that also will encourage players to Pk more.
    Ask me any era-related question(s)
    I'd be glad to answer

IGN:KvN

They should limit the amount of gang tags someone can have say like 2-3 would stop people jumping tag to tag too much possibly.

Anyway the issue isnt big gangs allying. Issue is the small gangs not allying. All brand new players dont understand era tactics etc but every now and then a gang comes through i dont see why the system needs changing when the fortress isnjust as flawed and a short term solution for 2-3 weeks.

Other possible solutions i think are:
    1) 2 flags inside a base must hold both to gain time. Would split defenders forces leaving vunerable areas althought most bases would need major redesigns other than perhaps neo.
    2) extra hp/extra damage for players under 500 hours although many players already have bar and other OP under 500 hours now a days.
    3) up gang members to 30 and totally remove subs or if you want to totally stop home basing decrease gang members 15 but keep subs.
    4) king of the hill style (neo) flags that rotate around the map for smaller turf war gang like the mafia familys etc which gains base time or could be a entire new concept
    5) in fort killer events gangs get 2x pks for holding flag. Would stop people jus famring the enteramce and the gang holding the base getting 500 streaks with gas launcher rip.
    6) more open bases like meph said for fortress. All bases have their tactits to defend but all revolve around blocking door ways with as many people spamming as possible.

*waits the autistic comment from czar*
    Last edited by Tomlacroixgraal; 11-27-2017 at 05:27 PM.

It’s not really about the newer players not being able to base. The way I see it is the bigger gangs are successful based on filling a full gang and 2 subs with bar iTunes spammers under 500 hours. Basing has turned into more of a business than actual competition. I see more players than ever creating gangs right now ready for update to start basing so this is already showing a positive effect. As I already stated, there are gang leaders trying to sell their home base after their hour goal. The fortress won’t kill off gangs over 10k hours but rather prevent gangs claiming a home base and would keep gangs actively raiding each other so that it wouldn’t be a single gang getting 24 hours a day off a base, but multiple gangs getting hours off the bases within the fortress from different times of the day.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.