Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast

Thread: Basing System Rework

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Just to give an update on the project.

Nothings really progressed since this post was made.

Yes I came up with the idea, and yes I intended to help out, however I made it pretty clear (at least in our staff conversations about it if I didn't mention it in this post) that whilst I can LAT if it comes to making stores/ buildings, I don't have any experience making base layouts that have a good flow. As this idea is fairly important with regards to end game basing, I never intended to be the one left to do all the levelling for it as it has to be a near perfect base.

I had asked for help/ expressed the idea of how I wanted the fortress to more or less look/ playout however I didn't really have anyone offer out to work on it (Besides Junz who offered to help in the interior decorating) that had enough LAT experience that you could be confident in them making a well designed/ flowing gang base.

So basically, i'm still willing to assist in it, but ultimately i'm not a gang admin/ LAT and I don't have the time or basing experience to be the sole person designing the layout of this base. I'd intended to be more or the decorator, helping out with the theme/ interiors once the base layouts were done by a LAT, and help out with any ideas.

Like Tasim said, considering how much staff discussion went into this idea and whether everyone was on board, I had kind of assumed that I was going to have a lot of people helping me out on it but that didn't turn out to be the case unfortunately as after about a month nobody else on the staff team really brought up the gang fortress despite the fact that I had pushed pretty hard on the point that basing was a key fundamental to Era and it needed to be looked into more than anything else in the game.
    The community thanks you for everything you've done and you're doing sam and junz, unfortunately, you're right, you and junz can not do everything ...

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Just to give an update on the project.

Nothings really progressed since this post was made.

Yes I came up with the idea, and yes I intended to help out, however I made it pretty clear (at least in our staff conversations about it if I didn't mention it in this post) that whilst I can LAT if it comes to making stores/ buildings, I don't have any experience making base layouts that have a good flow. As this idea is fairly important with regards to end game basing, I never intended to be the one left to do all the levelling for it as it has to be a near perfect base.

I had asked for help/ expressed the idea of how I wanted the fortress to more or less look/ playout however I didn't really have anyone offer out to work on it (Besides Junz who offered to help in the interior decorating) that had enough LAT experience that you could be confident in them making a well designed/ flowing gang base.

So basically, i'm still willing to assist in it, but ultimately i'm not a gang admin/ LAT and I don't have the time or basing experience to be the sole person designing the layout of this base. I'd intended to be more or the decorator, helping out with the theme/ interiors once the base layouts were done by a LAT, and help out with any ideas.

Like Tasim said, considering how much staff discussion went into this idea and whether everyone was on board, I had kind of assumed that I was going to have a lot of people helping me out on it but that didn't turn out to be the case unfortunately as after about a month nobody else on the staff team really brought up the gang fortress despite the fact that I had pushed pretty hard on the point that basing was a key fundamental to Era and it needed to be looked into more than anything else in the game.
    I’m glad you still brought up the concept of the fortress though. It is really nice hearing that you care about the competitive environment in Era. Maybe you could just draft up some sort of base idea and we as a community with the base experience can slowly come up with suggestions on how to improve it? It would be good to have something down on paper and have some progress on it. Plus, this doesn’t have to be perfect the first time around, there’s always beta testing phases we could go through until a finished product is ready.
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

so is this still happening ?
    Who closes the door when the bus driver gets out?
    Is water wet?
    What color is a mirror?
    Can god make a rock so heavy he cant lift it?
    Do you exist? How do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by chant View Post
    so is this still happening ?
    Current basing system rework progress is like what you wrote at your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by JD M View Post
    Current basing system rework progress is like what you wrote at your signature.
    fair enough lol
    Who closes the door when the bus driver gets out?
    Is water wet?
    What color is a mirror?
    Can god make a rock so heavy he cant lift it?
    Do you exist? How do you know?

boi
    Ahhh nice can't wait

So uh, with the new changes coming to the basing systems. Will you guys be setting up a team of staff who are actually going to spend time not only the development of this Fortress, but also the a team that provides the option of assisting in the making of significant rewards such as hideouts, gun skins and melees? Because like you said, hideouts take time and nobody wants a bad hideout, especially myself. I’ve been trying to find people willing to make tiles and furniture for a long time now and nobody is willing to do it because 1. All skilled gfxers are staff who aren’t allowed to be payments of in game items anymore??¿ and 2. Those willing get slammed with so many projects that they have no time or just completely forget or lose interest.. This is the main reason why there are so many 4-6k hour gangs who do not have hideouts. So if you wish to change the hours required for a hideout reward, it would actually be nice if you would provide us with staff who actually want to and enjoy creating other peoples ideas for them o;

On that note, anyone wanna make Arcane’s hideout? ?

It’s honestly really sad to see people deraile the fact there are actual updates being made to the game. It honestly contradicts everything people play games for,you don’t play a game only to play the same thing,the same cycle,and the same process every single day. The fact that bitzsam is making a general thought to make due to something that is grounded throughout the game is good. Having said that,I don’t think Xur’s or any of the comments bashing the idea of change are appropriate,considering that if there wasn’t change and things stayed the same people would complain? You can’t please everyone.
    Email Questions to: [email protected]
    Pm me questions: Eric Rage*(Rage)
    (Btw I don't rage, it's just a family thing)

Is their a relase date yet?

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    regarding this new base system, i have a few doubts. Only a few gangs with 10k hours currently active basing, for example, gpn, darkside, nbk and obsidian. Gpn and darkside are quitting soon, so who is going to fill up the 10k hours base? Obsidian takes all 3 flags? Lol. Secondly, without a doubt, those 10k hours gang are going to make a few other gangs to hold the below 10k bases, so i don't see the point of doing this. In my opinion, this is absolutely pointless
    soo truee,lmaoo ikr