Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ever had a friend like this?

Question Ever had a friend like this?

I left a friend recently because of some things they were doing that I wasn’t okay with. I wanna know if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I had a best friend starting from the fourth grade. They were always bright, happy, and supportive. We are both in the eleventh grade now. They started doing drugs, drinking, vaping, etc. I was almost dragged into it. They started to change a lot. Instead of being bright, cheerful, and supportive, they were always rude, pushy, and not very likable. Eventually I had enough, and around a week ago I started distancing myself. Has anyone had any friends that started doing drugs/drinking and then changed so much to the point where you don’t know them anymore?

Tysm~
    Who closes the door when the bus driver gets out?
    Is water wet?
    What color is a mirror?
    Can god make a rock so heavy he cant lift it?
    Do you exist? How do you know?

Call the cops on them

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    No, but I think you did great staying away from them, they're bad influence on you.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Yes, I've had a similar experience, except I'm the friend who strarted drinking, smoking, etc. I have a lot of issues with depression/anxiety, and was self-medicating.

At first glance, it may seem as though you made the right choice in that you've distanced yourself from them. People like that will often drag you down with them. However, I think it also really depends on if they have issues with depression and such. I know I do, and I've made bad choices this past year, that made my only friend stop talking to me. This just made me more lonely and made me want to drink more. I don't know how close you and your friend were, but maybe you could try asking them WHY they're drinking and such. They might lie and say that it's cuz it's fun, but maybe they're being torn apart inside by depression and need you now more than ever.

I know my post sounds contradictory, but it's hard to give advice when you don't know the full backstory.

I've had multiple friends that have done those things. I've did the same as you, distancing myself from them.

I guess lots of things in the world now a days are changing people you cared about.

Reason why I stay away from people. Even if they're nice and all I just tend to not communicate with others to avoid drama.
    ~blub~

I've known a guy that acted similar to this... And I see the acum on a daily basis
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Yeah but it happened in graal

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

This happened to me before. A very close friend since Middle School, but it wasn't until he began to hang out with other kids that were under the influence was when I decided to stop talking to him. Well, it was all natural. We spoke less and less and today we are strangers.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Welcome to 2017.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJimmy View Post
    Welcome to 2017.
    Eh, not really.
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!