Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LYK's 21st Century New thought - IN RESPONSE TO BASING REWORK

Post LYK's 21st Century New thought - IN RESPONSE TO BASING REWORK

Ok guys, I have new thought.

So as the name suggests, I'd like to propose a new concept in view of the planned basing rework. Gangs with 10k hours, according to the rework, will be basing in fortresses that have limited number of flags, thereby pushing competition to a new level. Since these gangs will no longer be entitled to the benefit of having allies, I'd like to propose the implementation of a gang fund and gang advantages. The gang fund is central fund that allows all members of the gangs to make a donation (rich members may choose to sponsor their gangs) and these gang funds can be used to purchase gang advantages such as 30-day unlimited ammo or revive (these advantages are similar to that of the individual, but perhaps at a much lower cost if the gang buys them). Gangs yearning to enjoy these benefits will have to work together to chip in to the gang fund in order for everyone to enjoy subsequent benefits.

To put it in perspective, say, a 2 day unlimited revive costs 350 and a gang of 25 will be paying 350x25 =8,750 gralats in total if each individual purchases it. However, if the gang buys it, perhaps the price can be lowered to 7500 gralats. You get the idea. There is a condition to this though, and that is that members must be in the gang tag to enjoy these benefits (similar to that of gang hats). This will compensate for the lack of allies to help.

I can foresee that there will be many new gangs under 10k hours in future that will base, hence, acknowledging that there has been an increase in competition due to an incease in player base, this concept will be able to give these basing gangs a boost in their basing journey, by enticing members to join the gang. In the past, basing gangs enjoy the advantage of a lower level of competition due to a small player base, hence it is justified not to have this concept implemented.

Howevere, I feel that this concept is much needed for the gangs after the rework as the competition will be intense.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Agreed. This might prove handy in basing situations
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

The idea is good in theory but I don't see it playing out.

New members/ player not in a gang would just want to try join a pre-existing gang/ gangs with 'pro' members as they would generally be richer players and therefore they'd just want to join those gangs to get the benefits right away.

That means you might not see new gangs being made by random groups of players as none of them would have the money to pitch in for their gang. And then lead to more of the same 'recruiting for gang must have 50k+ gralats' etc. Where gang leaders may favour ituners over players who want to join a gang to try base.

A similar idea could work if I implemented it into the gang point rewards feature, but not with gralats.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    The idea is good in theory but I don't see it playing out.

New members/ player not in a gang would just want to try join a pre-existing gang/ gangs with 'pro' members as they would generally be richer players and therefore they'd just want to join those gangs to get the benefits right away.

That means you might not see new gangs being made by random groups of players as none of them would have the money to pitch in for their gang. And then lead to more of the same 'recruiting for gang must have 50k+ gralats' etc. Where gang leaders may favour ituners over players who want to join a gang to try base
    Well for freeloaders, the gang leadership can always choose to remove them if they aren't contributing - as has always been the case and the right of gang leaders.

And hey, i doubt an ituner/rich new member would contribute and choose to slack off knowing full well that he or she is likely to be kicked - thereby rendering the contributions futile. (as in they donated for nothing) In fact, if they contributed, it will oblige them to stay loyal to the gang.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Well for freeloaders, the gang leadership can always choose to remove them if they aren't contributing - as has always been the case and the right of gang leaders.

And hey, i doubt an ituner/rich new member would contribute and choose to slack off knowing full well that he or she is likely to be kicked - thereby rendering the contributions futile. (as in they donated for nothing) In fact, if they contributed, it will oblige them to stay loyal to the gang.
    If people are already gullible enough to fall for buying gunskins off a gang, expecting to be in their gang for 28 days until they can grab it only to be kicked prematurely i'd say they'd be gullible enough to fall for 'buy our gang revives for the month and we'll give you X' only for them to be kicked.

Insert forum post 'gang x just scammed my gralats'

Just seems highly abusable for gangs to offer recruitment if the player contributes, to then just kick them and repeat until their gang gets the benefits without their actual members needing to contribute anything

Just seems highly abusable for gangs to offer recruitment if the player contributes, to then just kick them and repeat until their gang gets the benefits without their actual members needing to contribute anything
    I doubt that'll be the case, Sam. Why go through all of the effort to get a member to willingly pay for the revive and then kick him when you could have just kept him so he can pay for next month's?

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    I doubt that'll be the case, Sam. Why go through all of the effort to get a member to willingly pay for the revive and then kick him when you could have just kept him so he can pay for next month's?
    Do you play iera ?

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    People are just used, then kicked some time later. This would happen all the time.
    Newspaper Team
    Ex-Player Relations

Star Wars Fan!

"It's a trap!"
    - Admiral Ackbar

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Do you play iera ?
    Yes, I do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seany View Post
    People are just used, then kicked some time later. This would happen all the time.
    Doubt it. Why remove something if it had use?

If people are already gullible enough to fall for buying gunskins off a gang, expecting to be in their gang for 28 days until they can grab it only to be kicked prematurely i'd say they'd be gullible enough to fall for 'buy our gang revives for the month and we'll give you X' only for them to be kicked.

Insert forum post 'gang x just scammed my gralats'

No lie 28 days so long just for a skin x.x bitz can we get some new skins at fort knox

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Ninja[Thatboy]Zayzay_G6 Add me on era