Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Punishment for Vulgar Language and/or Racism

New Punishment for Vulgar Language and/or Racism

I think there have been way too many issues with jailing people for vulgar language and/or racism(not that i am against it), one big example is the jail time resetting that has been happening, i think this is more of an issue to the toonslab support than to the players suffering because several tickets are being submitted with several anxious players waiting impatiently for a response.

My idea is that instead of jailing people for Vulgar Language and/or Racism, disallow them from using the chat for e.g. 10 hours or 24 hours etc. I think this is a better idea because if players can’t say something nice then they shouldn’t have the right to say anything at all. I think the chat ban should relate to the crime committed, for example: A player uses vulgar language via PM’s, he should be disallowed from using Pm’s for 48 hours. Another example: A player uses Racial Slurs via Public Chat, he is disallowed from using public chat for 48 hours.

I think this is a better idea as it avoids many issues that happen with jailing dozens of people for the same exact reasons.

NOTE: I am NOT against jailing people for breaking the rules, i simply suggest a better idea to avoid problems for the toonslab support and players to give players AND admins a better experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This would be way too lenient on people, no one would care about not using profanities when all they get is a slap on the wrist and what? 24-48 hours of no chat?

that seems like it would encourage rather prevent.
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback

Quote Originally Posted by MasonForEc View Post
    This would be way too lenient on people, no one would care about not using profanities when all they get is a slap on the wrist and what? 24-48 hours of no chat?

that seems like it would encourage rather prevent.
    The 24-48 hours were an example, the admins are meant to know the reasonable length of ban. It could be up to 1 week and as low as 5 hours, admins are responsible for choosing the punishment, i simply suggested.

P.S. no one’s getting slapped on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by hamodylatarikh View Post
    The 24-48 hours were an example, the admins are meant to know the reasonable length of ban. It could be up to 1 week and as low as 5 hours, admins are responsible for choosing the punishment, i simply suggested.

P.S. no one’s getting slapped on the wrist.

Figure of speech
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    No, the current system of jailing people is fine, they just have to fix that issue of jail time resetting. Why did you suggest this, do you get jailed a lot? Doesn't the jail time reset thing only happens when people try to log on, on another device with another noob while jailed on the other?

Jailing is fine but public chat should be shown on logs

People get annoyed with a 5 minute gag so imagine not being able to chat for 48 hours.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Jailing is fine but public chat should be shown on logs
    yeah, a chat history that covers a certain size of area where you are at and the people inside that area would be nice, it should be placed at the bottom center of the screen, something you could open and close. But again era lack scripters, so this wouldn't be implemented.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    People get annoyed with a 5 minute gag so imagine not being able to chat for 48 hours.
    People can still base and do jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeree View Post
    yeah, a chat history that covers a certain size of area where you are at and the people inside that area would be nice, it should be placed at the bottom center of the screen, something you could open and close. But again era lack scripters, so this wouldn't be implemented.

- - - Updated - - -

People can still base and do jobs.
    Didn’t mean that at all

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Didn’t mean that at all
    Sorry I misundertood, you mean't something only staffs can see huh.