Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mining ideas and problems

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Leveling up decreases the time it takes for you to mine a rock by .3 seconds.

Early on, leveling up also means that you can put more rocks into the grinding machine with one grab, which is capped at (I think) level 24 at 10 rocks per grab.

There is no change in percentages. 1 rock will always be around 3.8 gralats per rock factoring in the probability of a rock "failing" to yield anything.

Definition of "profitable" is up to you.

I don't think high fishing level really means much in the end.

Also, Veteran Speedy Pizza has a huge confounding variable that affects the overall income, since more people crowding tables means a lower income generally speaking.
    Alright, thanks for the info.
    I'd read on these forums that Veteran Speedy Pizza has a setup that enables faster income, but it seems as though it's got a crowding issue. That's too bad, I almost have 3000 pizzas made.
    I'm just not sure whether I'd like to spend so much time getting my mining level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Muon View Post
    I'd read on these forums that Veteran Speedy Pizza has a setup that enables faster income, but it seems as though it's got a crowding issue. That's too bad, I almost have 3000 pizzas made.
    I'm just not sure whether I'd like to spend so much time getting my mining level up.
    Honestly, I would just stick with pizza making- it has its ups and downs.

I only chose to invest time in mining since it's not too complicated to do and you don't necessarily need revive/ VIP to do it efficiently.

Once you get into a trance, mining is pretty easy, but the downside is that you have to be pretty patient as you won't see notable results right off the bat.

Pizza making, digging and car missions are always going to be pretty consistently high income jobs and are going to useful in the short run, but in the long run (and by that I mean a really really long time), mining at a higher level will eventually beat out those jobs and create a margin none of the other jobs can come even remotely close to matching.

"Staff doesn't care if more people do fishing than mining or if more people dig than mine. They haven't for the past 5 years I have played this game, they won't for another 5."

Funny cause i couldve swore that there were events for the jobs, I guess i and whoever else was apart of the Zombie digging,Crab digging, Spider mining,And venus fly trap picking just imagined it.

"For someone who has claimed that you put a lot of hard work into collecting data, there's too many obvious holes that you have in your argument for buffing level 4 mining that it's hilarious."

Glad you find it funny, but your sadly mistaken, i want to Slightly Buff the drop or price of the more valuable gems The ones that are completely useless unless you have a level 40+ and just dont care. This would At MostGive you like 2-5 gralats more on the selling of the ruby,diamond,etc.

Not only does this not dramatically ruin the mining community like you OH - so greatly philosophized But it simply helps even out the worth of the gems considering you only get 1-2 of each for every 440 rocks.

That would leave you with probably 40 gralats from them all combined instead of 20.

"Which means your "small" suggestion might end up making things worse for all of us."

Yea,cause 10-20 extra gralats for every 440 rocks just destroys everything doesnt it?

"I suggest you do more research and understand the reason why drop percentages in mining haven't been by the devs for pretty much since this game began b/c there's an incredibly valid justification for it."

Show me one, im waiting.. Go on...

"While you say that increasing drop percentage is something that's incredibly small in terms of magnitude, what that means is once that change is implemented, everyone will surge towards mining (since you say that popularity is crucial), where it will inevitably have to be nerfed to the ground, perhaps in an even worse situation mining was in the first place."

Totally, Like everyone wants to waste a couple hours of their life to get 10-20 extra gralats,While also missing out on the 6x the profit they could make anywhere else.

No ones clueless enough to nerf mining to anything worse than it is now.

"I am literally 10 times your current level and I have never once whined about how level 4 mining sucks in comparison to pizza making because I understand that with enough time invested, I would be able to make double, perhaps even more than what pizza making could in a given time."

Totally whining,yet your the one throwing insults, i dont really care about the time it takes because like i said:

"The overall problem i would say is how it cant compete in terms of profit with the other jobs, so it would need a bit of tweaking."

Tweaking, as in small adjustment, and profit as not how long it takes, but the profit you get.

I understand your concern, and i respect the time needed for mining(even though you could easily get away with macros here and there).So please chill out and stop being so territorial

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muon View Post
    Think about it this way, if you want to get it within the next half year or so, its speedy pizza, if you dont mind waiting excruciatingly long Youll be filthy rich in a matter of hours.
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback

Quote Originally Posted by MasonForEc View Post
    "Staff doesn't care if more people do fishing than mining or if more people dig than mine. They haven't for the past 5 years I have played this game, they won't for another 5."

Funny cause i couldve swore that there were events for the jobs, I guess i and whoever else was apart of the Zombie digging,Crab digging, Spider mining,And venus fly trap picking just imagined it.

"For someone who has claimed that you put a lot of hard work into collecting data, there's too many obvious holes that you have in your argument for buffing level 4 mining that it's hilarious."

Glad you find it funny, but your sadly mistaken, i want to Slightly Buff the drop or price of the more valuable gems The ones that are completely useless unless you have a level 40+ and just dont care. This would At MostGive you like 2-5 gralats more on the selling of the ruby,diamond,etc.

Not only does this not dramatically ruin the mining community like you OH - so greatly philosophized But it simply helps even out the worth of the gems considering you only get 1-2 of each for every 440 rocks.

That would leave you with probably 40 gralats from them all combined instead of 20.

"Which means your "small" suggestion might end up making things worse for all of us."

Yea,cause 10-20 extra gralats for every 440 rocks just destroys everything doesnt it?

"I suggest you do more research and understand the reason why drop percentages in mining haven't been by the devs for pretty much since this game began b/c there's an incredibly valid justification for it."

Show me one, im waiting.. Go on...

"While you say that increasing drop percentage is something that's incredibly small in terms of magnitude, what that means is once that change is implemented, everyone will surge towards mining (since you say that popularity is crucial), where it will inevitably have to be nerfed to the ground, perhaps in an even worse situation mining was in the first place."

Totally, Like everyone wants to waste a couple hours of their life to get 10-20 extra gralats,While also missing out on the 6x the profit they could make anywhere else.

No ones clueless enough to nerf mining to anything worse than it is now.

"I am literally 10 times your current level and I have never once whined about how level 4 mining sucks in comparison to pizza making because I understand that with enough time invested, I would be able to make double, perhaps even more than what pizza making could in a given time."

Totally whining,yet your the one throwing insults, i dont really care about the time it takes because like i said:

"The overall problem i would say is how it cant compete in terms of profit with the other jobs, so it would need a bit of tweaking."

Tweaking, as in small adjustment, and profit as not how long it takes, but the profit you get.

I understand your concern, and i respect the time needed for mining(even though you could easily get away with macros here and there).So please chill out and stop being so territorial

- - - Updated - - -

Think about it this way, if you want to get it within the next half year or so, its speedy pizza, if you dont mind waiting excruciatingly long Youll be filthy rich in a matter of hours.
    The spider mining event was years ago and there haven't been any repeats of that in recent times.

Also, note that most of the events that you mentioned are tiered towards jobs a majority of the playerbase choose to do anyway, so there's no obvious reason to try and advertise mining as something better when you can just promote the ones everyone does in the first place.

Even though you are trying incredibly hard to trivialize the change that you want to bring about, this directly conflicts with the reasons that you want to bring about the change itself since if the change that you want is so insignificant, the obvious question would then be "What's the point of adding it in the first place?"

You found a fault with the fact that level 4 mining is complete garbage in comparison to pizza making. Therefore, your given solution to this problem was to buff the drop percentage. Yet, seeing as how you're arguing that the change would be so small that it would be insignificant, what would be the point of implementing the change in the first place and how does that fix your initial issue with the fact that level 4 mining would still be garbage in comparison to pizza making?

In the past 5 years, the only noticeable change that I have seen the devs do in terms of making mining somewhat better is allowing the rocks to automatically go into your inventory rather than forcing players to grab the rocks individually once they are mined. Keep in mind that this update was done years ago, probably in 2013. Not to mention the fact that they added the whole gem system in 2012.

If that doesn't tell you how much devs don't care about the job, I don't know what does.

Also, since you wanted to know why there was a good reason mining hasn't been buffed, take a look at this recent thread: https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=mining

Even then, everyone except the guy who posted in the first place agreed that mining doesn't need buffs, especially when the dividends are astronomical in the end.

Everyone gets that mining is an absolute **** job in the beginning, but everyone also agreed that mining in the end is amazing enough to make the beginning levels tolerable. That's the sole reason why mining doesn't need a buff.

Your incredibly short sighted "please make rubies spawn x times more than it does now" will make it even more profitable for high leveled miners, which would, as one forum user in the aforementioned thread said, "break" the era economy.

Also, you have to keep in mind that era is a business. They're not going to intentionally make level 4 mining better than pizza making, especially when mining has one advantage over pizza making, which is the abundance in space.

Take a look at jobs overall in this game. Car missions used to give 100~ 150 per mission, now it gives like 50 at best. Digging used to be decent, now it's mediocre.

They're not going to make jobs significantly better, they intend to make people just buy iTunes instead of dealing with the hassle of grinding.

That's why I'm saying your change is useless. If the change you're suggesting is really that insignificant, there's no point adding it and even if it was added, someone that has really invested time into mining will be able to abuse it really badly, prompting changes to be made to prevent it, leaving us with another ruined job like car missions.

Your argument about how mining overall can't compete with other jobs is therefore completely wrong and forcing it to fit your very limited view of the job isn't making it better.

Mining can compete with other jobs and in fact, outdoes every job once enough time is invested. The fact that you're justifying the need for change off of your flawed statement proves that your change shouldn't be accepted.

Your problem is that mining isn't a get-rich-quick scheme like all the other jobs and you're trying to make it one. Mining isn't meant to be one so stop asking for changes especially when you haven't mined that much yet.

Tweaking isn't needed.

If increasing the popularity/ interest in mining is some hidden agenda that you just conveniently failed to mention and hide all this time, I suggest asking devs for either the removal of rock caps in the machines or even something as simple as a "showrocks/ showminelevel" sort of update that will at least bring some people to the mines.

Otherwise, no.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 12-04-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JYGSHELBY View Post
    If you take the time to level it up, its insane.
    How exactly?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Miner Extraordinaire
    It's not "insane". It's been posted that at level 100 you get 3 rocks a second. The reality is you get about 1 rock about every 1.8 seconds for a rate that is around 2000 rocks an hour. Depending on how lucky you are at the grinding machines you're looking at around 8000 gralats an hour. This makes it around 2 to 3 times better than pizza, but by no means "insane".

I am in full agreement that if there were to be any improvements to mining it would be:
    1. Continue to have the rocks that you feed into the machines increase by level until it tops out at 50
    2. Add mining rewards in the form of hats and drill skins that are "unlockable" at various upper levels
    3. And this is controversial, add back in low spawning rate spiders as additional macro-prevention because the current preventions only prevent inexperienced macroers.
    IGN: Pokey

Quote Originally Posted by PBNJ View Post
    It's not "insane". It's been posted that at level 100 you get 3 rocks a second. The reality is you get about 1 rock about every 1.8 seconds for a rate that is around 2000 rocks an hour. Depending on how lucky you are at the grinding machines you're looking at around 8000 gralats an hour. This makes it around 2 to 3 times better than pizza, but by no means "insane".

I am in full agreement that if there were to be any improvements to mining it would be:
    1. Continue to have the rocks that you feed into the machines increase by level until it tops out at 50
    2. Add mining rewards in the form of hats and drill skins that are "unlockable" at various upper levels
    3. And this is controversial, add back in low spawning rate spiders as additional macro-prevention because the current preventions only prevent inexperienced macroers.
    Stop bumping dead threads /closethread
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback