Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mining ideas and problems

Drill Mining ideas and problems

Alright been wanting to do this but i had to determine the drop succession rate, the overall profit, etc.

The Mining itself needs a profit boost.taking the better of like 3-4 hours i managed to get 440 rock piles (level 4)
    And all i received for this hard tapping was 1,605 gralats (1.6k) Honestly compared to the other jobs i would've have easily gotten more.

One example would be how i got 3 times that amount (atleast) from pizza making for 1-2hours and 45 minutes (roughly, i dont keep too much time)

I suggest either increasing the drop chance from the more valuable minerals , or the Profit. It was pretty sad when i realized that i only got 1-2 of each. amounting to probably 50 gralats overall. (both is also a option )

Though it is more profitable when you are like level 50 or beyond but not everyone aspires to use a couple months to a year(or two) just to mining. I feel as if its like the difficulty of a whole game in itself,and less like a progressive job.(this coming from the long mundane grinding just to level up and get scraps of gralats.)

The overall problem i would say is how it cant compete in terms of profit with the other jobs, so it would need a bit of tweaking.
    Last edited by MasonForEc; 12-02-2017 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Reasons.
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback

Quote Originally Posted by MasonForEc View Post
    Alright been wanting to do this but i had to determine the drop succession rate, the overall profit, etc.

The Mining itself needs a profit boost.taking the better of like 3-4 hours i managed to get 440 rock piles (level 4)
    And all i received for this hard tapping was 1,605 gralats (1.6k) Honestly compared to the other jobs i would've have easily gotten more.

One example would be how i got 3 times that amount (atleast) from pizza making for 1-2hours and 45 minutes (roughly, i dont keep too much time)

I suggest either increasing the drop chance from the more valuable minerals , or the Profit. It was pretty sad when i realized that i only got 1-2 of each. amounting to probably 50 gralats overall. (both is also a option )

Though it is more profitable when you are like level 50 or beyond but not everyone aspires to use a couple months to a year(or two) just to mining. I feel as if its like the difficulty of a whole game in itself,and less like a progressive job.(this coming from the long mundane grinding just to level up and get scraps of gralats.)

The overall problem i would say is how it cant compete in terms of profit with the other jobs, so it would need a bit of tweaking.
    Leave mining alone.

It's the only job left that has a progression system aside from Speedy Pizza, but even that's irrelevant now that everyone can enter VIP rooms with no problem, making the lack of "good" table spots a problem once again.

Fishing does have a level system but it's only for access to more expensive fish, which is also irrelevant.

Don't ask for changes with the %-ages in the job when you're so low leveled.

Asking for buffs means that nerfs will also come with it, which can have side effects that can affect people other than you with much higher levels.

If you're going to ask for changes that might help everyone overall with the popularity of the job itself, ask for stuff like lifting the rock restriction amount for the machines, which is capped at 10 rocks per grab when you hit level 24.

Mining might not compete with pizza making early on, but it does match it later on, when you put time and effort into it.

Unlike this game, which you can just drop a couple dollars worth of iTunes into to become "pro" at, mining takes time and effort (with the exception of people who macro) and it needs to be kept that way.

Stupid and not well thought out changes from low leveled individuals will only hurt people's interest in the job.

Leave it alone or ask for neutral changes like letting players put however many rocks they want into the grinding machines or even something as simple as asking for a "showrocks" command similar to fishing that shows a player's total rocks mined, mining level and the number of rocks they need to mine to level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Leave mining alone.

It's the only job left that has a progression system aside from Speedy Pizza, but even that's irrelevant now that everyone can enter VIP rooms with no problem, making the lack of "good" table spots a problem once again.

Fishing does have a level system but it's only for access to more expensive fish, which is also irrelevant.

Don't ask for changes with the %-ages in the job when you're so low leveled.

Asking for buffs means that nerfs will also come with it, which can have side effects that can affect people other than you with much higher levels.

If you're going to ask for changes that might help everyone overall with the popularity of the job itself, ask for stuff like lifting the rock restriction amount for the machines, which is capped at 10 rocks per grab when you hit level 24.

Mining might not compete with pizza making early on, but it does match it later on, when you put time and effort into it.

Unlike this game, which you can just drop a couple dollars worth of iTunes into to become "pro" at, mining takes time and effort (with the exception of people who macro) and it needs to be kept that way.

Stupid and not well thought out changes from low leveled individuals will only hurt people's interest in the job.

Leave it alone or ask for neutral changes like letting players put however many rocks they want into the grinding machines or even something as simple as asking for a "showrocks" command similar to fishing that shows a player's total rocks mined, mining level and the number of rocks they need to mine to level up.
    Obviously you ignored when i said not everyone wants to waste their life non stop mining for a couple months to 1-2 years just so the mining can become worth it, dont be so surreal to assume mining is perfect already, im just suggesting ideas to make it more attractive for starters.

Mining is a means to get money not a game itself(atleast its supposed to be) Its only worth it if you macro i.e saving yourself from wasting time by auto mining.

I can guarantee there are more than a couple people who macro(ed) to get where they are in mining (while on the other hand there is probably a few who didnt)

"Stupid and not well thought out changes from low leveled individuals will only hurt people's interest in the job."
    You ever take a look at its popularity now? Even less than sparring. Id say on the best (non mining event ) days there would be a average of 7 people in a mine ending with 10-12 max at all. The ones who stay are the ones who have 30+ levels not the ones who just started and cant compete with the demanding tapping and time needed.

If you want to play a game about digging go download it,Graal however is not, it is merely a flawed means to get gralats
    Last edited by MasonForEc; 12-02-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonForEc View Post
    Obviously you ignored when i said not everyone wants to waste their life non stop mining for a couple months to 1-2 years just so the mining can become worth it, dont be so surreal to assume mining is perfect already, im just suggesting ideas to make it more attractive for starters.

Mining is a means to get money not a game itself(atleast its supposed to be) Its only worth it if you macro i.e saving yourself from wasting time by auto mining.

I can guarantee there are more than a couple people who macro(ed) to get where they are in mining (while on the other hand there is probably a few who didnt)

"Stupid and not well thought out changes from low leveled individuals will only hurt people's interest in the job."
    You ever take a look at its popularity now? Even less than sparring. Id say on the best (non mining event ) days there would be a average of 7 people in a mine ending with 10-12 max at all. The ones who stay are the ones who have 30+ levels not the ones who just started and cant compete with the demanding tapping and time needed.

If you want to play a game about digging go download it,Graal however is not, it is merely a flawed means to get gralats
    I don't like that a level 4 miner is posting on forums asking for buffs in mining percentages after finding out that level 4 mining isn't on part with pizza making.

Of course you can play the game without mining, there are obviously other jobs that will get you enough money to buy guns, melees, furniture, VIP etc.

Mining is only just a small part, no need to make it anything more than that.

If you don't like mining, just leave it as it is. For the people who want to dedicate more time to mining, let them.

Also, I don't know what you think macros are but they're illegal, so no, mining is not worth it if you only use macros.

They point of mining is to weed out people who are lazy versus the people who see a hidden gem and have the brains to figure out that with enough investment in time, it can be incredibly useful later on.

Popularity in mining doesn't matter. You and your percentage buff is only going to artificially inflate popularity where it's not even needed, not to mention more macros are going to flood mines b/c there's an even bigger incentive to set up a macro as a result of your poorly thought out buff.

Jobs like digging, car missions and pizza making are consistently high in terms of income, whereas a job like mining is intended for players who see merit in the exponential level of profit you can get from it.

You and your idea will ruin that.

Is mining good? Because I've tried it and it's so sloww but it's fun doing it with friends

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    Is mining good? Because I've tried it and it's so sloww but it's fun doing it with friends
    If you take the time to level it up, its insane.
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

You Lowkey called everyone who doesnt mine lazy(and they have no brains? thats pretty extreme).

"Also, I don't know what you think macros are but they're illegal, so no, mining is not worth it if you only use macros."

Think about what you said... Like seriously ill explain: Macro=Easily get more levels,and rocks. More levels=Equals faster income(get the picture?)

Popularity in mining does matter because it proves how successful the players find it. I.E since it isnt popular Not a lot of players find it worthwhile

Its not poorly thought out obviously considering i took the time to gather data.

"Jobs like digging, car missions and pizza making are consistently high in terms of income, whereas a job like mining is intended for players who see merit in the exponential level of profit you can get from it."

You want to know why they are high in income? to help players afford Graals Expensive weaponry,Items,and hats You also say its exponentially profitable? Well i got to say if it takes me over 1.2k of rocks ,hard (tapping)+tons of time Just to beat level . Im surely gonna have questions about what it will take to go level 50 or should i even think higher?

Mustve missed this. Im beginning to think your less defending mining and more calling me out? I do hope your not arguing for personal reasons now, cause i dont have any hate towards you.

Finally . i suggested a smallsuggestion , and it was slightly either increase the valuable gems or their drop rate(because they off little benefit compared to the normal ones)

i cant seem to see your problem. it couldnt be because you want to stay in the "special elite" of miners right?
    Because if that was the case then you should know its not that special cause anyone could just macro it, and then say they did it the hard way...

Think about what you said lol.

"Like seriously ill explain: Macro=Easily get more levels,and rocks. More levels=Equals faster income(get the picture?)"

Let me explain: Macros = Illegal (hence why there is even a reason for the report function specifically for macros) = If you get caught, you get jailed = If you get caught multiple times, your mining level will get reset.

And for someone who understands that higher levels = greater income, I don't understand why you're whining about how level 4 mining doesn't compare to pizza making.

It's not supposed to.

I still stand by my statement that popularity in mining doesn't matter.

Staff doesn't care if more people do fishing than mining or if more people dig than mine.

They haven't for the past 5 years I have played this game, they won't for another 5.

If anything, they want more players to iTunes their stuff so that Unixmad can put it in his 401K.

They don't care if a job is absolute ****.

Also, for your question about how long it will take / how many rocks it will take for you to level up from level 50, there's even a perfectly good thread that lists all the requirements, albeit the mining speed data is a bit messed up.

For someone who has claimed that you put a lot of hard work into collecting data, there's too many obvious holes that you have in your argument for buffing level 4 mining that it's hilarious.

While you say that increasing drop percentage is something that's incredibly small in terms of magnitude, what that means is once that change is implemented, everyone will surge towards mining (since you say that popularity is crucial), where it will inevitably have to be nerfed to the ground, perhaps in an even worse situation mining was in the first place.

Which means your "small" suggestion might end up making things worse for all of us.

I am literally 10 times your current level and I have never once whined about how level 4 mining sucks in comparison to pizza making because I understand that with enough time invested, I would be able to make double, perhaps even more than what pizza making could in a given time.

I suggest you do more research and understand the reason why drop percentages in mining haven't been by the devs for pretty much since this game began b/c there's an incredibly valid justification for it.

Never learned much about mining, what does leveling up do? Does it increase percentages or droprate?
    At what level does it become profitable?
    (I should make a list of jobs by end profitability, like Veteran SP, High mining lvl, Hish fishing lvl, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by Muon View Post
    Never learned much about mining, what does leveling up do? Does it increase percentages or droprate?
    At what level does it become profitable?
    (I should make a list of jobs by end profitability, like Veteran SP, High mining lvl, Hish fishing lvl, etc...)
    Leveling up decreases the time it takes for you to mine a rock by .3 seconds.

Early on, leveling up also means that you can put more rocks into the grinding machine with one grab, which is capped at (I think) level 24 at 10 rocks per grab.

There is no change in percentages. 1 rock will always be around 3.8 gralats per rock factoring in the probability of a rock "failing" to yield anything.

Definition of "profitable" is up to you.

I don't think high fishing level really means much in the end.

Also, Veteran Speedy Pizza has a huge confounding variable that affects the overall income, since more people crowding tables means a lower income generally speaking.