Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Give us back our right to knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    Under the current system, plays can still do the same and I've witness it before. But knowing that the identities and names can be easily changed, players can change their names and statuses to avoid being identified by those who want to cyberbully should there be a need to.

I think allowing these players to feel relieved knowing that justice has been done outweighs the probability of players abusing the system to bully - it's just a probability compared to the assurance of being relieved.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    I see your point, but I do think that it’s a flawed idea, and those flaws are dangerous, as much relief it gives to the players, it also annoys the reported.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    I see your point, but I do think that it’s a flawed idea, and those flaws are dangerous, as much relief it gives to the players, it also annoys the reported.
    I do not see annoying the reported as a valid point in this argument, for these players have went against the rules and they ought to be duly punished. They will not receive any notification on them being reported, so I don't see a reason why they would be "annoyed". Even if they do, they can only have themselves to be blamed for violating the rules in the first place. Should those who made the report choose to exploit it to harass the reported, then the latter shall have all the right to make a similar report and pursue the matter.

If a player has had the moral courage to make the report in the first place, then he or she will likely have the moral courage to abide by the rules. Even if that player reports out of avenging for whatever damage done to him/her, it is still a courageous act worth commendation - and would probably be enough to appease them from the ordeal. By helping these victims to be appeased, they will less likely take actions into their own hands by harassing the other (resulting in never-ending fights) knowing that justice has been done. And in order to let them feel appeased, they ought to be informed by this idea that I have suggested.

I don't see a flaw in this idea except for a few paranoid, negative and unnecessarily concerns that players will use the notification to cyber-bully or blackmail. These are just far-flung fantasies, because the chances of it happening is low as identities can be easily changed.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by LYK08 View Post
    I do not see annoying the reported as a valid point in this argument, for these players have went against the rules and they ought to be duly punished. They will not receive any notification on them being reported, so I don't see a reason why they would be "annoyed". Even if they do, they can only have themselves to be blamed for violating the rules in the first place. Should those who made the report choose to exploit it to harass the reported, then the latter shall have all the right to make a similar report and pursue the matter.

If a player has had the moral courage to make the report in the first place, then he or she will likely have the moral courage to abide by the rules. Even if that player reports out of avenging for whatever damage done to him/her, it is still a courageous act worth commendation - and would probably be enough to appease them from the ordeal. By helping these victims to be appeased, they will less likely take actions into their own hands by harassing the other (resulting in never-ending fights) knowing that justice has been done. And in order to let them feel appeased, they ought to be informed by this idea that I have suggested.

I don't see a flaw in this idea except for a few paranoid, negative and unnecessarily concerns that players will use the notification to cyber-bully or blackmail. These are just far-flung fantasies, because the chances of it happening is low as identities can be easily changed.
    Their punishment is a warn or jail... not anything else, so I don’t think that we should say they deserve getting mentally bullied or what not.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    Their punishment is a warn or jail... not anything else, so I don’t think that we should say they deserve getting mentally bullied or what not.
    I've never started this idea that these punished players will be bullied in anyway unless those who reported them choose to. Then again, should this happen then they can report those who report them as well.

I also said that if players can tell the right and wrong by reporting these perpetrators in the first place, then they themselves should and will be more likely to adhere to the rules. hence they are less likely to bully the perpetrators as it is harassment.

By refusing to update report-ers on the matter, you leave them to draw conclusions that may be wrong. They may think that the admins aren't doing anything to stop the player and so they take matters into their own hands by retaliating. This only cause more trouble.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    I wish they would implement this. It's extremely annoying to have someone harassing you or something and you report them, but you have no way of knowing if they've been punished.

Quote Originally Posted by WreX View Post
    i dont know about that first im not sure how hard it is to do about scripting it and such but i dont think its too important to do so because staff not going to let you know about it personally it will be too much
    There may be instances when players are right about it, but because of the lack of evidence as highlighted earlier that makes those reports invalid. I shall summarize the benefits here:

1. Whilst stopping the perpetrator, this helps to mitigate the impact and helps to allow victims to feel more secure and relieved.

2. It gives a clear indication that perpetrators have been punished and so victims will not assume things and take actions into their own hands by retaliating if they draw the wrong conclusions.

3. It respects the players who report by updating them since they were the ones who filed the reports.

4. It helps to allow players to pursue matters that due justice has yet to be done on, thereby helping to make the community safer when fewer perpetrators get away with it.

5. It motivates players to report, because at least they will know if their reports are valid. If they don't, they can always assume that the reports are useless and hence stop using the system to report.

Banned
    Okay, so I just briefly skimmed through this thread and I may not properly understand the arguements, but here goes...

I don’t think this should be a thing. Why? As I believe was previously mentioned, if reporters were told some one was punished, they would be all “HA NOOB I GOT YOU WARNED EZZZZ” and harassment would ensue. Furthermore, the vast majority of reports that I see are vulgarity in overhead chat - which calls for a gag first. And when someone is gagged, they say the whole *Gagged* thing, so it basically notifies the reporter and everyone else. And this usually creates a “rofl ez” response similar to what I mentioned before. Also, there are quite a bit of false reports, usually with some reason like “ahisjwndiek”, and it would just be annoying to have to type a reason for why this afk person was not punished for doing nothing. And don’t even get me started on people that tell someone else when they report them...usually when you say you reported someone, they stop doing whatever they were doing, then when a staff member arrives, they see nothing wrong. Hence, the offender does not get punished and the reporter gets mad that nothing was done. It just...does not make sense to me. Overall, I just don’t see a point in a system like this, but again, I did not thoroughly read the arguements presented.

Quote Originally Posted by failure View Post
    Okay, so I just briefly skimmed through this thread and I may not properly understand the arguements, but here goes...

I don’t think this should be a thing. Why? As I believe was previously mentioned, if reporters were told some one was punished, they would be all “HA NOOB I GOT YOU WARNED EZZZZ” and harassment would ensue. Furthermore, the vast majority of reports that I see are vulgarity in overhead chat - which calls for a gag first. And when someone is gagged, they say the whole *Gagged* thing, so it basically notifies the reporter and everyone else. And this usually creates a “rofl ez” response similar to what I mentioned before. Also, there are quite a bit of false reports, usually with some reason like “ahisjwndiek”, and it would just be annoying to have to type a reason for why this afk person was not punished for doing nothing. And don’t even get me started on people that tell someone else when they report them...usually when you say you reported someone, they stop doing whatever they were doing, then when a staff member arrives, they see nothing wrong. Hence, the offender does not get punished and the reporter gets mad that nothing was done. It just...does not make sense to me. Overall, I just don’t see a point in a system like this, but again, I did not thoroughly read the arguements presented.
    I've already addressed this concern. Please look through the thread. You are echoing Joeyaudi's argument.

Your claims are that players have the right of knowledge but why not the right to privacy? If you see a player do something wrong and you report them this is no longer your problem and now it’s in someone else’s hands. If they are in your pms just block them, if they are hacking just report them and walk away. There’s no point in knowing when someone reviews your report or takes action because it is no longer your issue and it doesn’t affect you in any way if someone else was punished or not.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    Your claims are that players have the right of knowledge but why not the right to privacy? If you see a player do something wrong and you report them this is no longer your problem and now it’s in someone else’s hands. If they are in your pms just block them, if they are hacking just report them and walk away. There’s no point in knowing when someone reviews your report or takes action because it is no longer your issue and it doesn’t affect you in any way if someone else was punished or not.
    Again, your concern has been addressed. If a player has to block someone it means that damage has been done to him or her so I don't see why it is no longer the victim's problem after he or she reports the player. They deserve to know if the culprit has been punished.