Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

4 80.00%
  • Dissagree

1 20.00%

Thread: Battle Royale mode in Era?

Newcomer
    New England (North Eastern United States)

Lightbulb Battle Royale mode in Era?

Hey all!
    This is going to be my first post to the forums.
    I've had this idea brewing in my head for a while since this whole Battle Royale craze has begun.
    I have no idea if this could ever be a reality, but I think Era would be perfect to house a battle royale mode.

Heres how I imagine it working:
    Players could go to a building somewhere near start to be placed into a queue (maybe for a fee or tickets).
    From there they would be matched up with other players (25 or so, thinking realistically).
    Players would then be warped to a different map spawning in a random location (or choosing where they drop for that matter).
    I imagine the map would be roughly 3/5's the size of Northridge, give or take.
    Players would start with nothing and would then scavenge for guns, melees, armor, health kits and vehicles (or even attachments, like for the m4 and g18).
    Air drops would also appear and would be marked on the map, they would hold the highest tier items and weapons like the PBP, BAR, Metal Storm, Minigun, Dual Glocks, ion Industry weapons or any other overpowered weapons priced between 80k-200k.
    Then the game would play much like a top-down PUBG with Era's amazing combat system.
    I imagine the map would close in with a barrier as well to speed up games, and players would have access to a map.
    Once the match is over, players could earn some kind of points attributed to how many kills and how long they stayed in the game (and kills they earned would be added to their profile)
    These points would then be exchanged for prizes, similar to the arcade.
    Prizes could include things such as cosmetics like hats or gun skins, melee weapons, guns, currencies like trochus or EC or even loot boxes (everyone loves these) were exclusive cosmetics or items could be pulled.

Benefits to Community:
    I definitely believe that if a system like this was implemented it would improve the Era experience significantly.
    Firstly, it would put a lot more play value and longevity back into to the game; as activities like pking have gotten a bit stale.
    Adding on to this, a good battle royale experience for mobile would undoubtedly bring many new players into the mix.
    The mode would also be more accessible to new players than sparring and pking because the mode would be entirely based on skill, and players would be able to use and try out guns that they would have been able to before.

Final Thoughts and Notes:
    If you have gotten this far thank you for hearing me out.
    If you agree with anything I said here please reach out to any staff that would be interested.
    I am completely open to suggestions, feel free to reach out to me with any comments or concerns (my name is Tux in game if you wish to contact me that way)
    Oh and thanks to all the staff for continually updating the game.

List of things I plan to tackle in the future:
    1. Steam port for Era?
    2. EC more easily obtainable / EC being tradable.

Edit: I wrote a response answering your questions below.
    Last edited by Tux; 12-06-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tux View Post
    Hey all!
    This is going to be my first post to the forums.
    I've had this idea brewing in my head for a while since this whole Battle Royale craze has begun.
    I have no idea if this could ever be a reality, but I think Era would be perfect to house a battle royale mode.

Heres how I imagine it working:
    Players could go to a building somewhere near start to be placed into a queue (maybe for a fee or tickets).
    From there they would be matched up with other players (25 or so, thinking realistically).
    Players would then be warped to a different map spawning in a random location (or choosing where they drop for that matter).
    I imagine the map would be roughly 3/5's the size of Northridge, give or take.
    Players would start with nothing and would then scavenge for guns, melees, armor, health kits and vehicles (or even attachments, like for the m4 and g18).
    Air drops would also appear and would be marked on the map, they would hold the highest tier items and weapons like the PBP, BAR, Metal Storm, Minigun, Dual Glocks, ion Industry weapons or any other overpowered weapons priced between 80k-200k.
    Then the game would play much like a top-down PUBG with Era's amazing combat system.
    I imagine the map would close in with a barrier as well to speed up games, and players would have access to a map.
    Once the match is over, players could earn some kind of points attributed to how many kills and how long they stayed in the game (and kills they earned would be added to their profile)
    These points would then be exchanged for prizes, similar to the arcade.
    Prizes could include things such as cosmetics like hats or gun skins, melee weapons, guns, currencies like trochus or EC or even loot boxes (everyone loves these) were exclusive cosmetics or items could be pulled.

Benefits to Community:
    I definitely believe that if a system like this was implemented it would improve the Era experience significantly.
    Firstly, it would put a lot more play value and longevity back into to the game; as activities like pking have gotten a bit stale.
    Adding on to this, a good battle royale experience for mobile would undoubtedly bring many new players into the mix.
    The mode would also be more accessible to new players than sparring and pking because the mode would be entirely based on skill, and players would be able to use and try out guns that they would have been able to before.

Final Thoughts and Notes:
    If you have gotten this far thank you for hearing me out.
    If you agree with anything I said here please reach out to any staff that would be interested.
    I am completely open to suggestions, feel free to reach out to me with any comments or concerns (my name is Tux in game if you wish to contact me that way)
    Oh and thanks to all the staff for continually updating the game.

List of things I plan to tackle in the future:
    1. Steam port for Era?
    2. EC more easily obtainable / EC being tradable.
    I really like the idea. I'd like it more if the battle royale thing was an event from the event bot or something.

-And i can't see Ec ever being tradable.
    -the steam port idea seems pretty good too, especially since adobe flash is on its way out.
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

It would bring a nice touch to era actually.

But it's got me thinking.... Is it a live broadcast message invite or a event?

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

So this is basically hunted but more frequent...

Newcomer
    Hello again,
    Thanks for all the recent support!
    My power has been out so I haven't been able to respond.
    To JYGSHELBY and MJ4,
    I don't think this would work as a bot event or event.
    People should be able to log on and get into a match relatively quickly, not relying on a random chance for the event to happen.
    Although I do think EC should be earned from this event by exchanging points or whatever, all be it at a slow pace, so everyone is not walking around with flamethrowers and chemical guns.
    If I would have to estimate, 5 good matches for one fragment of EC (1/3 of an event coin)
    Anyway,
    I hope that explains it better, but if you still disagree let me know!
    Keep spreading the word around town.
    Thanks.

This makes no sense! Its like LMS but bigger map. Disagree.

Seems like a well thought out thing to do. Would take a lot of scripting. It's a nice idea.. but I doubt anything like this would be implemented into the game for players to enjoy.

Also for the prizes received. It's too much of a benefit to have ec's as the prizes. Ec's are meant to be hard to obtain from events already. Having this implemented would make everyone just do this instead of actual events since this idea would be easier than actually doing different types of skills to receive a piece of ec.

This idea is similar to CTF, but just no weapons being handed out to you freely to use in the battles. I feel like just giving the players an advantage to use a gun is a nice idea, but some players may just go in to try out the weapons and not actually do anything.

I also doubt that at least half of the players that do still play era would want to be involved in this. Their only interest would be the rewards and only 1/4 of the community would be interested in using their skills to get those rewards. Which could be over powering everyone else who does do the event and have not as good skills.
    ~blub~

This would cause the system to lag, Tux
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

The hunted event but with some changes would a good way to make that event plus it's also very similar it just have zombies.

Newcomer
    Wow, hello everyone.
    Its been cool seeing how the community here has reacted to my idea.
    A lot of you may have a better understanding of the forums and the Era community than me, so I'll be taking all of your feedback seriously.
    I still want to address some of your concerns, however.
    First and foremost, I am still waiting for an admin to chime in.
    I'll start with what NemoYang is saying.
    I am fully aware of the time it would take to script, as well as the low probability of anything like this happening.
    I'm still pushing for EC to be available as a spoil for participating.
    I think the main problem with EC right now is how unreliable it is to obtain.
    Or to put it in more detail, There is no steady way to obtain EC, there are far too many factors in obtaining it that just make the entire experience unsatisfactory in practice (at least for an unskilled swine such as myself).
    I think EC should be earned very slowly through this game mode, and EC shouldn't even be the main benefit of playing for that matter, just a small bonus.
    I for sure want events to be the fastest way to get EC if that makes any sense.
    Its a heated topic for sure, and I'm not entirely confident with my explanation.
    Anyway, this isn't too important because it is really up to the admins how they want to distribute EC.
    Your second point I definitely understand more.
    I know for a fact that a lot of people play Era just to socialize.
    What I'm hoping is that this will bring a lot of players into the game who are fans of battle royale games, and play to have fun.
    And through this game mode, these players can learn a lot about the main game, like what guns they like or develop their PvP style.
    And yes, it's likely that skilled players who pk and spar would dominate the battlefields,
    Aswell as people who strictly play for rewards,
    But I ultimately think that this could add a reason to play for every type of player,
    And through this, the Era community could grow significantly.
    I mean, to be honest,
    One of my main concerns for Era at the moment is longevity,
    I think a lot of changes need to be made in order for Era to grow at a healthy rate and to become more mainstream,
    And this would be a great way to accomplish that goal.
    Believe me, I want nothing more than to see my favorite community grow.
    Ok, I might have gone off on a tangent there, but I still want to address more things.
    More specifically the server lag issue,
    I think this is a real concern,
    I experience lots of lag when playing right now so there might need to be server improvements, which of course takes more work,
    I think Era could still run one or two of these games at a time if I were to guess, keep in mind, new additions like Italy.
    Oh, and if I could get some more information on this Hunted mode that would be great, feel free to PM me in game.
    I look forward to seeing this thread grow,
    as always I'm open to feedback.
    Until next time.