Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Gas nerf

Shotgun Green Gas nerf

Now I've been guilty of using this "method" of streaking myself on occasion, and honestly it's a rather... well... enjoyable thing to take advantage of, but it is incredibly unfair to the victim-- thus brings me to my current issue.

Lately, I've seen more and more people abuse a certain method of PKing.

1. Kill player, preferably with a PBP Shotgun or Chemical Gun (the latter being capable of hurting players even when resurrecting)
    2. Place down a green gas on their dead body to disallow them from escaping.
    3. Kill them again, while they're gassed, slow, and struggling to fight back.
    4. Repeat until you have reached the limit that you can get from killing one person.
    5. Move on, rinse and repeat.

My recommended course of action, and reasoning:
    (I'm no scripter, mind; so excuse me if I sound naive here) Script the green gas in such a way, that it does not affect those who are already dead. This gives those who fall victim to this "tactic" a bit more ground to stand on in terms of fighting back/time to rapidly equip a gasmask themselves if they own one; and generally giving newbies the possible chance to run off unscathed if the PvPer is a little too slow/quick on the gas.

My reasoning? For the simple fact, well, facts, that it's distasteful for new players to experience such a horrible trap that they simply cannot escape from, nor even know how to. They can dodge bullets sure, an old concept! Easy to learn! -- but what's this green stuff around them and why is this person able to kill them so quickly without them being able to fight back!1 and that truthfully is one of the reasons I don't see PvP continuing to be an enjoyable experience whatsoever if this is what it degrades to. Yes I do understand that advantages in both weaponry and tools should be utilized to give yourself an edge in PvP.. but abusing tactics is a different story. Additional reasoning being that truly, as stated before, there's a difference between utilizing, and abusing; very fine line and something I don't think should be around as a legitimate tactic.

Feel free to give your own thoughts, and please keep it civil. I realise this post may make some who enjoy this PK method upset, and that isn't my intention, but all the same my personal belief is that a change is in order to prevent this underlying PvP issue from getting any more prominent than it already is.
    "What fun is there in making sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by a friend.
    i want to shoot a pie into someones face then slit their throat with a block of cheese

Learn how to say unstick me in feedback buddy

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Ninja[Thatboy]Zayzay_G6 Add me on era

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    I agreeeeeeee

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayzay View Post

Jaake isn't the one who's having this issue. I can see how this is a problem, as gas shouldn't affect someone that's already dead. Even if you could potentially unstick, you'd have to wait several moments before you can unstick, and by that time you'd already be dead multiple times.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Ahh i see

Ninja[Thatboy]Zayzay_G6 Add me on era

Quote Originally Posted by Zayzay View Post

I'm fully capable of equipping a gasmask, pulling out my shotgun and killing them before they kill me. This isn't a post for my sake, friend.

I suppose you're against it though, list your reasonings; perhaps shed some light as to why you disagree.

i want to shoot a pie into someones face then slit their throat with a block of cheese

This reminds me of this thing someone was doing. As someone was reviving from being killed, a guy started using a minigun on him and it killed them again before they could do anything. I think a moment of invincibilty from dying should be added, or increased if there already is one.
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

This is kind of the point of green gas IMO.

Or how about, a player is given immunity and cannot be affected by gas for five seconds upon revival. This way, the victim had time to run.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    This is kind of the point of green gas IMO.
    The point of green gas is to abuse it for milking easy kills? What's the point? Explain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Or how about, a player is given immunity and cannot be affected by gas for five seconds upon revival. This way, the victim had time to run.
    'ey as I said, feel free to chip in with your own thoughts-- that isn't a bad idea either, but I think 5 seconds is a little generous, as you can go a long distance in 5 seconds; perhaps 2-3 seconds.