Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Green Gas nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Jaake View Post
    And so can you run into a building and/or fight back if able, too :P
    New players will benefit from it
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    There’s a reason there are gas masks in this game. Green gas is the only effective gas in my opinion and the main reason why people invest in buying a gas mask. When you get up you’re technically standing in the gas therefore it affects you. Anyone can easily run into a building or a safe zone no matter what gun they are being spammed with. Pk zones are meant to have a dangerous appeal to them and when you’re walking through there it’s pretty much expected you will end up in a bad position which gets people to wear gas masks.
    I disagree, and I believe you are wrong on one point. I've tested it, and experienced over the years-- green gas affects you while you're dead, not while you're getting up. I know this for fact as when you are without a revive potion and your dead body is gassed, you will respawn in the hospital slow as if gassed.

Using gas in PvP isn't the issue itself, never stated that; it's the abuse of function that the issue stems from. As stated before in my first few posts, anybody can don a gasmask to prevent themselves from being slowed; but when you're simply moving from one location to another as a good many players do, no intent to PK and simply play the game for the other functions that it offers, only to be caught in a trap you're too slow to escape from and being constantly killed time and time again? There's little to no chance if you aren't an experienced player to get a single upper hand with that. And on top of things, you say easily run, meanwhile admit that green gas is effective. Green gas prevents players from running-- little contradictive on that note.

Some people may think gas masks look good enough to wear on every single one of their outfits for every waking second of the game, but that's not everybody. PK zones are the separation barriers between safe zones; zones of which players frequently want to hop between. They shouldn't need to equip a hat every time they want to explore the map.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    New players will benefit from it
    True, but this isn't an issue that'll only affect the new players sadly; bigger picture.

5 seconds may be good for the new players, but for the experienced who already KNOW how to avoid gas etc. etc., it'll render the gas useless. Need to find a middleground and balance.
    "What fun is there in making sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by a friend.
    i want to shoot a pie into someones face then slit their throat with a block of cheese

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    I completely agree with your above point. I really do think that green gas should be nerfed. As of now, it's almost exclusively used to get cheap kills.

I disagree, and I believe you are wrong on one point. I've tested it, and experienced over the years-- green gas affects you while you're dead, not while you're getting up. I know this for fact as when you are without a revive potion and your dead body is gassed, you will respawn in the hospital slow as if gassed.

Using gas in PvP isn't the issue itself, never stated that; it's the abuse of function that the issue stems from. As stated before in my first few posts, anybody can don a gasmask to prevent themselves from being slowed; but when you're simply moving from one location to another as a good many players do, no intent to PK and simply play the game for the other functions that it offers, only to be caught in a trap you're too slow to escape from and being constantly killed time and time again? There's little to no chance if you aren't an experienced player to get a single upper hand with that. And on top of things, you say easily run, meanwhile admit that green gas is effective. Green gas prevents players from running-- little contradictive on that note.

Some people may think gas masks look good enough to wear on every single one of their outfits for every waking second of the game, but that's not everybody. PK zones are the separation barriers between safe zones; zones of which players frequently want to hop between. They shouldn't need to equip a hat every time they want to explore the map.

- - - Updated - - -

True, but this isn't an issue that'll only affect the new players sadly; bigger picture.

5 seconds may be good for the new players, but for the experienced who already KNOW how to avoid gas etc. etc., it'll render the gas useless. Need to find a middleground and balance.
    Valid point.
    So here's a new proposal:

Upon revive (if the player has auto-revive) the player is granted two things:

• Immunity from bullet damage for 3 seconds

• Immunity from gas for 5 seconds

- - - Updated - - -

The reason why the revived player gets 5 seconds of immunity and not 3 because newer players tend to suffer from gas-related death more than experienced players. And since new players do not really understand the game's mechanics, they can use all the time they can get

Valid point.
    So here's a new proposal:

Upon revive (if the player has auto-revive) the player is granted two things:

• Immunity from bullet damage for 3 seconds

• Immunity from gas for 5 seconds

- - - Updated - - -

The reason why the revived player gets 5 seconds of immunity and not 3 because newer players tend to suffer from gas-related death more than experienced players. And since new players do not really understand the game's mechanics, they can use all the time they can get
    Apologies for being dead-- this could be a solution true... but it all depends on the end decision of Bitzsam. Most we can do is brainstorm.

It may look good on paper, but how will it play out in action? It's not always easy to tell.

i want to shoot a pie into someones face then slit their throat with a block of cheese

Apologies for being dead-- this could be a solution true... but it all depends on the end decision of Bitzsam. Most we can do is brainstorm.

It may look good on paper, but how will it play out in action? It's not always easy to tell.
    Worst case scenario is that people who bought gas masks might be a little mad for a couple of weeks, but after that, we're good to go.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

There's nothing wrong with green gas, simply buy a gas mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Casshern Sins View Post
    There's nothing wrong with green gas, simply buy a gas mask.
    Already shut down/responded in detail to an identical small post like this before. Please read the entire thread, I'm not going to repeat old debates.

- - - Updated - - -

Worst case scenario is that people who bought gas masks might be a little mad for a couple of weeks, but after that, we're good to go.
    Players are mad no matter what change occurs in iEra, it's always been a fad. Humans, specially those in iEra, despise change by nature. Going to try get Bitzsam to see this thread himself, see what he thinks about it; the thread has more than enough information and comments to make a decision as it is.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    I agree with this, green gas has lost its original value with the addition of gas masks and therefore should be treated as such. It's now commonly used as an 'abuse' tool to players without gas masks, which discourages them.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk why you're making it such a big deal. First off, if a player enters a pk zone to travel, expect to have pkers and any items meant for killing. So it's the players fault if they didn't equip their gas mask before hand. Second off, the effect of the gas isn't even that bad. Sure, you'll die a few times if the pker has a pbp shotgun, but that's at its worse. The map has had so many non-pk areas added throughout the years that players can literally just take a few moments to find a non-pk area. And so what if you die and end up in the hospital and is still slow. The effect only last a few moments and will certainly wear off by the time the player finishes healing in the beds. And again, this can all be avoided if you wore a gas mask.