Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spar Room Wins Limit

Spar Room Wins Limit

I think that there should be spar rooms with certain limits for certain wins. Here’s how it works:

The rooms are separated into the amount of wins u have e.g. A player with 1200 wins can only spar in the room that allow people that have 750-2000 wins. This is a similar thing to the basing system rework but for spar.

Here are examples:

Spar room 1: Max 200 wins.
    Spar Room 2: Maximum 500 wins.
    Spar Room 3: Max 1500 wins
    Spar Room 4: Max 5000 wins.
    Spar Room 5: Max 10000 wins.
    Spar Room 6: Max 30000 wins.
    And so on...

There should be several spar rooms for each one of the above, so for spar room 1, there should be 2 or 3 other rooms like it in the spar complex or at least 4 or 5 others within all of Era.

I think this is a good idea to balance the sparring newbies so that they don’t have to deal with continuously losing against experienced sparers. I myself have experienced this and i hate having my losses 4 times the amount of my wins.

NOTE: I understand that people may reset their wins to play against the newbies and get wins, i think that they should do any of the following:

1- Remove the spar stats reset option.
    2- Remove any hats or guns they earned. (Not keen on this one)
    3- Make the Spar stats reset option VERY pricey. E.g. 50,000.
    4- Disallow people who reset spar wins to enter rooms lower than what they used to have, this means that they have to script it so that it saves their old wins but does not show them.
    5- Make 1 of each of the rooms above specifically for people who reset spar wins and cannot enter other rooms, this means people who reset their stats can only spar other people who reset their stats.

I know the suggestions above may not be good, in my opinion the best is 1, to remove the spar stats reset option.

I came up with this idea in the space of 1 day, so instead of ranting about how bad it may be, i would rather u suggest how to make it better or simply criticize it constructively.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This idea will lead to no competition. Its just a way of giving new players that iTune a bar easy wins. You would be surprised that I myself see more competition out of someone under 10k wins than 20k+ sparrers. Wins don’t define a sparrer which proves this invalid. Also 50k to reset your wins...doesn’t make sense.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Not aGood idea. It would go towards more lag or no people cause people are in dif rooms. TBH there like 30 people tht spar every day on a lucky day. usually theres like limited to 12 people sparring. You'd be alone by yourself in a room. i suggest if you do want to go through on this....Keep it at 3 rooms first room:10k maximum, 2nd:15k maximum, 3rd:20k maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    This idea will lead to no competition. Its just a way of giving new players that iTune a bar easy wins. You would be surprised that I myself see more competition out of someone under 10k wins than 20k+ sparrers. Wins don’t define a sparrer which proves this invalid. Also 50k to reset your wins...doesn’t make sense.
    Firstly, it will lead to competition because just because a player iTunes a BAR it doesn’t mean he has the skill to beat other players with average guns, the point is not which gun ppl have but their skill. Secondly, i agree wins dont define a sparrer, but for example:

A guy who is great at sparring with only 50 wins, 1 month later he has 1k+. So give it time and everyone will settle at their level.

Finally, the 50k for reseting the stats was an example, i understand it most likely wont be added but if u read carefully, i said i came up with this in 1 day, so instead of saying it doesn’t make sense suggest something better than all 5 suggestions i have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Jicygraal View Post
    Not aGood idea. It would go towards more lag or no people cause people are in dif rooms. TBH there like 30 people tht spar every day on a lucky day. usually theres like limited to 12 people sparring. You'd be alone by yourself in a room. i suggest if you do want to go through on this....Keep it at 3 rooms first room:10k maximum, 2nd:15k maximum, 3rd:20k maximum.
    The main reason why the spar rooms are currently lacking players is because new sparrers cannot compete, this idea will allow new sparrers or intermediate sparrers to compete with people close to their level, give it time and 50+ ppl would be online sparring in whichever room they fit in.

spar wins don't have anything to do with skill.
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

Im tired of seeing people wanting to limit stuff we need a new topic xD

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Ninja[Thatboy]Zayzay_G6 Add me on era

Quote Originally Posted by JYGSHELBY View Post
    spar wins don't have anything to do with skill.
    I guess u didnt understand what i was trying to prove with this idea..

Quote Originally Posted by hamodylatarikh View Post
    I guess u didnt understand what i was trying to prove with this idea..

I did understand. To balance the new sparrers and the more experienced sparrers.
    But it'll be about as useful as the 1k practice spar. Assuming you don't make every room have a spar wins max(which is pretty dumb if you do tbh), most of the more experienced sparrers will probably still stay in the room that is open for all just so they can get a different challenge.(It'll be boring as hell to have to play the same 10 people with 30k+ spar wins, if they are even active) The current spar rooms are a great way to learn and practice/train with the more experienced even if you lose.( And losses literally do nothing) You don't even have to join a match to learn anything. And if you are new you have the option of not sparring someone who is better than you.
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

All these ideas that basically wants to separate new and old players are so annoying. All the players who in this case more spars than you didn't have the help you want to have to earn spars faster and they still managed to get their goals...so why should you?