Thread: There should be ping limit on bases

There should be ping limit on bases

The reason why I am making this thread is because it's annoying when some laggers or lag switchers just run into bullet and does not take damage, when you try to melee them they will just start to move again then lag again etc.

It's not fair when a gang have a bunch of laggers because they're literally able to kill all the enemy by theirself because of the bullet wall they make with their lag.

People shouldn't be able to enter base with too high ping, that would make more gang entering the basing system because there is lot of people who don't wanna fight laggers like this.

The whole game should have a ping limit in my opinion.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

I don't agree, there is people who are just chilling and making friend, their ping doesn't affect the gameplay.

no, just no

/closethread

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    Ninja[Thatboy]Zayzay_G6 Add me on era

Yea I agree but the ping limit shouldn’t be lower than 1.5k

I've been a member of the iEra community since late 2011/very early 2012, actively contributing both in the staff team and as a player up until 2015 to which I took a long break, and guess what? I'm one of the players of whom have high ping. 200 on a good day, never larger than 230 unless I'm having internet issues.

I don't agree with this as there are MANY players of whom aren't lucky enough to be near the region that the server is based in, but are still just as dedicated to the server, if not moreso than those with low ping. Yes I do understand your frustrations with people who lag, but that isn't reason to dampen their enjoyment of the server. There will always be those with poor connection regardless of what kind of restrictions you put on it.

I speak for those who, not on their own fault, have high ping yet still want to play the game same as everyone else when I say no. Restrictions based on your ping is idiotic. Ping fluctuates, it's how connections can be, specially on weaker ones.

Staff already reconnect those with insanely high ping when they're causing issues last I checked, no need to add more restrictions. And honestly if you believe that someone is abusing their connection to gain unfair advantage in base-- you can simply report with a request to reconnect the player in hopes that it fixes the issue.

Apologies if I come across as hostile with this, it isn't my intention-- but simply put, it's an unfair suggestion to most if not all of those who aren't situated near where the server is based.

tl;dr - Perhaps a different approach to players with high ping that isn't restricting their gameplay would be in order... but there are flaws in this current suggestion the way you worded it.
    Last edited by Jaake; 12-08-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    "What fun is there in making sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by a friend.
    i want to shoot a pie into someones face then slit their throat with a block of cheese

I understand that, why not some base with ping limit and some without?

How about the limit is +1000 because that's a lot. Players wouldn't want to base because of some laggers abusing it and taking flags

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Quote Originally Posted by Asfal View Post
    I don't agree, there is people who are just chilling and making friend, their ping doesn't affect the gameplay.
    OP's argument was to add ping limit to bases, not era itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaake View Post
    Staff already reconnect those with insanely high ping when they're causing issues last I checked, no need to add more restrictions. And honestly if you believe that someone is abusing their connection to gain unfair advantage in base-- you can simply report with a request to reconnect the player in hopes that it fixes the issue.
    That would be fine if the majority of staff (player relation) actually responds or tries to make an effort to help out.