Thread: LYK's EXTREME displeasure

Exclamation LYK's EXTREME displeasure

HI GUYS, i am LYK of the Southridge Communist Party and I am here today to voice my displeasure at the change of the new forting system. The current fort system has been modified such that points are awarded for kills when the base is taken.

As much as this increases - temporarily- competition for the base, I felt that this has only served to widen the inequality (or disparity) between the better and usually old gangs and the newer forting/basing gangs. The veteran gangs will only capture the base and frantically shoot in the direction of the door so that no other gangs can take the base, and I feel that this only makes it harder for other less experienced or low-manpower gangs to win the event.

Hence why, the results are such that the difference in the number of kills in the first place and the second place is so huge. This does not help make things more fun or more fair, but only gives experienced gangs to bully and dominate gangs that are lower in strength and experience. There is absolutely no meaning in those gangs spam shooting at the doors because it is highly unlikely for the base to be taken by another gang unless the latter has a larger manpower.

Speaking of which, what has happened to the "skill-based gameplay" the admins have been trying to advocate? I highly doubt spamming the doors with bullets required any skill, nor will this event allow gangs with few yet skillful members have a chance of winning because capturing the base and killing inside the base required a larger manpower. And having a large manpower, doesn't always mean that gangs are winning because of their skills, but based on how much they spam shoot the doors and how many people they have to spam-shoot. Where's the skill?

Also, I have noticed a huge decrease in the participating gangs, and it is chiefly the dominating gangs that are making the kills and playing in the event. This system change probably alienated many forting gangs with its increased shortsighted , unnecessarily and impractical demands. Forting isn't as fun as it used to be anymore.

I hope this can change.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

This is another reason why they should allow doors to break as the gang holding the base shoots it. My other problem is the fact that bases have doors in the flag room level. For example, mafia had 2 doors you have to get through to be able to get to the flag room and then you have to go through another door with a tight area where people can easily block and spam in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    This is another reason why they should allow doors to break as the gang holding the base shoots it. My other problem is the fact that bases have doors in the flag room level. For example, mafia had 2 doors you have to get through to be able to get to the flag room and then you have to go through another door with a tight area where people can easily block and spam in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The flagroom in mafia was changed yesterday to accomodate forts. One of the doorways was widened, with additional doors below that, that attackers can use as cover from the defenders spamming through the door above it, or snipe over it to hit them.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the main thread, I don't see how it's possible that forting is less 'fun' as a result of the changes. Less rewarding maybe, but the new system means gangs actually have to fight throughout the base, and attack it.
    Previous fort was just an explosive cluster of people dying in the base entrance, getting maybe a kill or 2 during that brief moment of protection you got entering the base whilst you were still being loaded into the level before instantly dying. The only people I see finding that fun, were those members that were the first to get into the spamming positions around the doorways so they could start racking up kills from essentially spawn trapping.
    All the while, the current base owners could sit in the flag room and not have to worry about being attacked for 30 minutes, as the huge mess of people in the lobby entrance prevented any possibility of attackers trying to take the base, as the forters were doing the defending for them.

It has only been a day since the fort changes, obviously we need time to see how it turns out, and slightl adjustments are being planned to be made accordingly. I don't expect fort to be as packed as before, as it being more spread out means forting gangs who went just for personal PKs won't be getting it at as high of a rate, with the gralat reward fort offers not actually being the incentive a lot of the people pking in fort were going for. Fort is being intended to be a disruption to the base holder, not temporary immunity.

Those forters who were only interested in the PK side will have that need satisfied when the PK event I described in the basing thread -which has started being worked on- is implemented as the more organised replacement of what fort was

Also would like to note that the changes to bases haven't even finished yet. With many issues fort is currently facing, being fixed once the actual basing changes are done. Such as the shooting through doors/ being able to run through doors.

This is my opinion (and I'm not looking to argue with anyone or anything, I'm probably not gonna look at this post ever again cause I barely go on the forums anymore)

These gangs that you refer to as powerful, and gangs who bully less powerful gangs, are gangs who have most likely started somewhere just like every other gang. What's my point? Well they were probably weak at one point too, so let the bigger gangs kill them. Those bigger gangs probably had the same things happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    The flagroom in mafia was changed yesterday to accomodate forts. One of the doorways was widened, with additional doors below that, that attackers can use as cover from the defenders spamming through the door above it, or snipe over it to hit them.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the main thread, I don't see how it's possible that forting is less 'fun' as a result of the changes. Less rewarding maybe, but the new system means gangs actually have to fight throughout the base, and attack it.
    Previous fort was just an explosive cluster of people dying in the base entrance, getting maybe a kill or 2 during that brief moment of protection you got entering the base whilst you were still being loaded into the level before instantly dying. The only people I see finding that fun, were those members that were the first to get into the spamming positions around the doorways so they could start racking up kills from essentially spawn trapping.
    All the while, the current base owners could sit in the flag room and not have to worry about being attacked for 30 minutes, as the huge mess of people in the lobby entrance prevented any possibility of attackers trying to take the base, as the forters were doing the defending for them.

It has only been a day since the fort changes, obviously we need time to see how it turns out, and slightl adjustments are being planned to be made accordingly. I don't expect fort to be as packed as before, as it being more spread out means forting gangs who went just for personal PKs won't be getting it at as high of a rate, with the gralat reward fort offers not actually being the incentive a lot of the people pking in fort were going for. Fort is being intended to be a disruption to the base holder, not temporary immunity.

Those forters who were only interested in the PK side will have that need satisfied when the PK event I described in the basing thread -which has started being worked on- is implemented as the more organised replacement of what fort was

Also would like to note that the changes to bases haven't even finished yet. With many issues fort is currently facing, being fixed once the actual basing changes are done. Such as the shooting through doors/ being able to run through doors.
    Yes I get your point, but that spawning problem can be settled with the new spawn system.

However, the current fort system makes it difficult for gangs to gain points in the event. For all u know most gangs can be trying to take the base and feeding the gang holding the base with kills meanwhile. This is not only discouraging, but greatly increased the inequality between the scores of the gangs. It's not very fair either and the gang holding the base can form gun walls and are in a much more strategic location to make the kills.

Why not have a meltdown every 5 mins like the kind we sometimes see in mines that lowers most of the health of the people in the base so that there will be a time when the gang holding the base is low in defense so that another gang can take the base? I think that would be much more fair rather than greatly favour only the gang holding the base in the event.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.