Thread: Banned From Era Competitions?

Question Banned From Era Competitions?

First of all, what I mean by competitions are things like newspaper contests, applying for arte shops, etc.

You know when you look at a forum post for a competition and around the bottom of the post it lists some rules and a line under them saying; “Breaking any of these rules will result in being banned from future era contests.” or something like that?

Someone needs to elaborate on that because it’s really vague. I did break one of these rules a long time ago when I was younger & dumber when I sent an edit of a hat to a graphic headquarters contest, so I have this unsureness as to whether or not i’ve been entering contests and the people reviewing them ignore my submissions.

There should be some kind of indicator to know if you are banned or not, and in my opinion it should be a limited time thing, like being banned from contests for a few months or something. not permanent.

This has been on my mind for months now, it would be nice if someone who knows more about this could answer any questions I have. Also let me know if I’m not the only one. Thanks.
    Who closes the door when the bus driver gets out?
    Is water wet?
    What color is a mirror?
    Can god make a rock so heavy he cant lift it?
    Do you exist? How do you know?

I feel like a player who used a crappy stolen graphics should be temporary banned until they redeemed themselves.
    How do the redeem themselves?

Apologizing and accepting/acknowledging the fact that what they did was wrong. Also to create a thread of their own progress. So months will pass by and their ban will be lifted. =o
    Computer Science major? I don't know. What's GS2?
    日本語が少し出来ます。でも、「Weeb? ??じゃないですよ!

Quote Originally Posted by chant View Post
    First of all, what I mean by competitions are things like newspaper contests, applying for arte shops, etc.

You know when you look at a forum post for a competition and around the bottom of the post it lists some rules and a line under them saying; “Breaking any of these rules will result in being banned from future era contests.” or something like that?

Someone needs to elaborate on that because it’s really vague. I did break one of these rules a long time ago when I was younger & dumber when I sent an edit of a hat to a graphic headquarters contest, so I have this unsureness as to whether or not i’ve been entering contests and the people reviewing them ignore my submissions.

There should be some kind of indicator to know if you are banned or not, and in my opinion it should be a limited time thing, like being banned from contests for a few months or something. not permanent.

This has been on my mind for months now, it would be nice if someone who knows more about this could answer any questions I have. Also let me know if I’m not the only one. Thanks.
    Actually, banned already means suspension for a long period of time. Suspended means being unable to do or access something for a short period of time.

So being banned from future competitions either suggests that you cannot take part in it for a very long period of time/ or can never take part in it anymore. (people seem to use ban and suspended interchangeably even though they connote slightly different meanings.)
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    I feel like a player who used a crappy stolen graphics should be temporary banned until they redeemed themselves.
    How do the redeem themselves?

Apologizing and accepting/acknowledging the fact that what they did was wrong. Also to create a thread of their own progress. So months will pass by and their ban will be lifted. =o
    Nah it would be better if it was similar to the Ban system. You get unbanned in a short/long period of time

If players could redeem themselves it's likely they will lie about it and act like they accepted what they did wrong

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!

Just make it so that if you're blacklisted you cant even see the thread. Im having the same question as you under the same circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Graphics staff members aren’t the same ppl as before so they prob don’t even know you were blacklisted

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4 View Post
    Nah it would be better if it was similar to the Ban system. You get unbanned in a short/long period of time

If players could redeem themselves it's likely they will lie about it and act like they accepted what they did wrong
    Took the words from my mouth
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".