Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I think I'm a sociopath and an alcoholic

Big Cheese Sottocapo

I think I'm a sociopath and an alcoholic

No matter how hard I try, I just can't stop drinking. No matter how much I tell myself it's wrong, I can't stop drinking. No matter how much I wrongly manipulate my partner into buying me drinks, I can't stop.

I think that I'm a sociopath. Then I just think that I'm an alcoholic. Idk. I need your opinions. I don't wanna go to a psychiatrist irl and say that I think I'm a sociopath, but I have major anger issues, and I lack of empathy in most social situations.

I do have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, but I think that maybe it was wrongfully diagnosed. Sometimes, I CAN feel full empathy, while other times, I can't feel it at all. I believe this is just due to how the autistic mind works, but I don't know for sure.

I also heard that a real sociopath would never make such a thread, but idk...

I know I have a problem, and I'm willing to seek professional help, but I just want the opinions and advice of others before doing so, so I don't look completely foolish in front of the psychiatrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    No matter how hard I try, I just can't stop drinking. No matter how much I tell myself it's wrong, I can't stop drinking. No matter how much I wrongly manipulate my partner into buying me drinks, I can't stop.

I think that I'm a sociopath. Then I just think that I'm an alcoholic. Idk. I need your opinions. I don't wanna go to a psychiatrist irl and say that I think I'm a sociopath, but I have major anger issues, and I lack of empathy in most social situations.

I do have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, but I think that maybe it was wrongfully diagnosed. Sometimes, I CAN feel full empathy, while other times, I can't feel it at all. I believe this is just due to how the autistic mind works, but I don't know for sure.

I also heard that a real sociopath would never make such a thread, but idk...

I know I have a problem, and I'm willing to seek professional help, but I just want the opinions and advice of others before doing so, so I don't look completely foolish in front of the psychiatrist.
    Trust me when i say this, but there is literally no way to look foolish infront of a psychiatrist, they've seen it "all".

Mentality can be part of the problem, first and foremost(in my unprofessional opinion) you either need to find something that gives you a similar buzz of drinking, BUt IS WAY SAFER.

Alternatively, you should think about how this might affect others and use those feelings to stop yourself from drinking,Any other problem your having basically.

Overall try to change your way of thinking, instead of going "Oh this is happening because im _____" Find a way to make it better instead, optimism is your right hand wing-man.

This is a opinion, and im not qualified , hope you find your own solution
    GangPromotion: Thatell Happen 2k (Ima sell out now ) #FreeEcComback

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonForEc View Post
    Trust me when i say this, but there is literally no way to look foolish infront of a psychiatrist, they've seen it "all".

Mentality can be part of the problem, first and foremost(in my unprofessional opinion) you either need to find something that gives you a similar buzz of drinking, BUt IS WAY SAFER.

Alternatively, you should think about how this might affect others and use those feelings to stop yourself from drinking,Any other problem your having basically.

Overall try to change your way of thinking, instead of going "Oh this is happening because im _____" Find a way to make it better instead, optimism is your right hand wing-man.

This is a opinion, and im not qualified , hope you find your own solution

Thank you very much for your opinion and advice.

I've tried Morning glory seeds (which have a very similar effect to LSD), DXM(somewhat similar to K), cigarettes, amongst others, but I've not yet found the same buzz that I'm looking for, sadly.

However, I must point out that you said that, I must consider the effect my drinking has on others. But I do not have this "wrong" feeling. It's not a feeling of bad, but rather a feeling of success, if that makes sense.

I believe my solution will be found in myself, to get better. But to get better from what, I wonder? Is it my alcoholism, drug problem, autism(which has no cure), possible sociopathy, or all the above?

You're not a sociopath. Sociopaths don't care, but you care.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    You're not a sociopath. Sociopaths don't care, but you care.
    Okay, good. Or is that what I make you THINK (since sociopaths tend to be very good manipulators)

Okay, good. Or is that what I make you THINK (since sociopaths tend to be very good manipulators)
    because you saying that would be too risky for a sociepath #PRoved

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    because you saying that would be too risky for a sociepath #PRoved
    YEs I'm def a hidden sociopath pretending to be a sociopath who no one believes hahhahaha jk y'all just think of me as a drunk autistic person, so W/E

YEs I'm def a hidden sociopath pretending to be a sociopath who no one believes hahhahaha jk y'all just think of me as a drunk autistic person, so W/E
    I shant ever, just stop getting drunk and be more mellow. If you cant stop getting drunk find something that completely distracts you from it.
    Something that you find, fun or interesting that you dont even think about drinking while your doing it.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    I shant ever, just stop getting drunk and be more mellow. If you cant stop getting drunk find something that completely distracts you from it.
    Something that you find, fun or interesting that you dont even think about drinking while your doing it.
    I haven't found anything that distracts me from drinking though... I've tried for about a year now

I haven't found anything that distracts me from drinking though... I've tried for about a year now
    Ask your doctors and you family about this, anyone who can make the slightest help will make you stop. Instead of drinking alcohol try drinking water or any fruit juices

You want breakfast? You gotta catch it!