Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Censored Words

Censored Words

Why does era censor system categorizes words like "piss" and "nonsense" as vulgar words. It's super annoying when you type out a long *** pm or in-game chat to find out you wasted all that time.

Yes same kn french , we can't say the equivalent of "****' wich in france , everyone says it ..

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

Development Team
    Yeahh, the filter system is flawed. There's even sentences that are completely harmless that you can't even say lol.
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Don't tell me Era's chat system is gonna become like Roblox's...
    or excuse me: Don't tell ## ##### chat ###### ## gonna become like ######'s###

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    I feel you : <

Quote Originally Posted by Muon View Post
    Don't tell me Era's chat system is gonna become like Roblox's...
    or excuse me: Don't tell ## ##### chat ###### ## gonna become like ######'s###
    someone plays roblox

Development Team
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheStars View Post
    someone plays roblox
    oof
    Open spoiler to see Selena Gomez eating paper

Spoiler

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshern Sins View Post
    Why does era censor system categorizes words like "piss" and "nonsense" as vulgar words. It's super annoying when you type out a long *** pm or in-game chat to find out you wasted all that time.
    "piss" - This is not a particularly nice word. In the UK, it can mean different things depending on the context:

1)If you tell someone to "piss off", it's a very strong offensive way of saying "go away".
    2)Someone can be "pissed" which means drunk.
    3)Someone can take the "piss" which is a non friendly way of saying you take a long time.
    There's more contexts the word can be used, so they just ban it all together.

"nonsense" - This word should not be banned, but I can only see 1 reason why it's triggering the filter.
    In the Uk, there's a word called "Nonce", it's another way of calling someone a paedophile but it's not a particularly nice way. It's like calling someone the rude version of a female dog; they both have the same meaning but one is obviously more derogatory.

Notice how nons-ense and nonce are similar? Hence why it's saying don't evade the swear filter.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    "piss" - This is not a particularly nice word. In the UK, it can mean different things depending on the context:

1)If you tell someone to "piss off", it's a very strong offensive way of saying "go away".
    2)Someone can be "pissed" which means drunk.
    3)Someone can take the "piss" which is a non friendly way of saying you take a long time.
    There's more contexts the word can be used, so they just ban it all together.

"nonsense" - This word should not be banned, but I can only see 1 reason why it's triggering the filter.
    In the Uk, there's a word called "Nonce", it's another way of calling someone a paedophile but it's not a particularly nice way. It's like calling someone the rude version of a female dog; they both have the same meaning but one is obviously more derogatory.

Notice how nons-ense and nonce are similar? Hence why it's saying don't evade the swear filter.
    I see. Though the filter system needs a better way to filter words. Hopeful whoever scripts it can improve it. Like there was one time I was talking to a friend and pmed "I like talking with other people" and it tells me "no advertising". I tried to figure out what was wrong with what I said and noticed "with other" has th.ot in it.

Yeah seriously the filter system needs to improve